Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft mentioned in 'Irish Sunday Mirror'

Options
  • 30-06-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Mirror Air Heads.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Was the reproduction done from a fax machine? Its really difficult to read with bits of the text missing.

No suprises that the mirror is engaging in this kind of thing. Its a slow news week except for a couple of dead celebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Yeah, sorry - it is hard to read. Maybe someone can source a better, more legible copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

That looks more like some moronic retailer flogging stuff off and not having any facts whatsoever. Thnx for the upload i managed to make most of it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

that picture is the sale guns in cartronix in galway i was in there today

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

I like the comment at the end about the recession?? If this goes through it will not only ruin a sport but put 500 or 600 people out of jobs..
    Might make the government think twice but I doubt it.. My guess is every person will have to registered to a club and then register his "weapons"(sorry mods but thats the way I see them calling it) at a local Garda station or something along those lines..Basically gettting the ****ty springers of the streets and stopping arseholes buying them and using them in public places.like hanging gbb's out of car windows for "a joke"(you know who you are) :mad: thats the sort of **** that will help get us banned!!
    Sorry for the rant but hey i love my sport and i dont want to do anything else cos i got two left feet and cant catch :)

S..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

50% of a Glock thats bull****,the maximum a shop will give if a airsoft device is 15%-20% not 50%.and tbh this is just to fill that pages as there is feck all news this week other the Micheal Jacksons death.and i dont think that these journalists do there homework properly:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

His prices may be reduced 50% but hes still a rip off,and I doubt the other shops are selling to minors because theres only 2 other shops selling airsoft guns in Galway and thats eirsoft and corrib tackle and they know better then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Its aload of bull, I wouldnt even bother letting it get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Were we before or after the full page spread of pete and jordans marriage woes, and mystic peg's senile rant? Sunday red top indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

pete and jordans marriage woes

OMG, say it's not true! They look like the perfect couple :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

BornToKill wrote: »
    OMG, say it's not true! They look like the perfect couple :)

Yes, she does have the perfect couple.:D

Seriously though. On the topic of Airsoft, this is just another "what will we put in this blank sapce" story. Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its cool for us not to worry, cause we are in the know.

If your a randomer who picks up the paper and reads that you could see how you get a fright. A relative of mine was over yesterday chatting to me Ma and mentioned it as I'm sure hundreds have.

Once you have a guard and a politician both saying ( pretty much ) airsoft and replicas are a serious problem, it ads a significant amount of " **** that must be the fact"

Airsoft is not going to get banned by one minister or one politican, not even a guard and not by airsofters.

Airsoft will get into the knee deep **** when there comes a time that an astronomical public opinion is that airsoft should go.

I'd be one for liking to see a bit more positive articles on airsoft.

What the **** ever happend to that irish independent piece that was done at HRTA. To be honest its about high time that something gets done about these constant negative stories about airsoft and get something positive out there.

Like August theres pretty much the biggest event in the country, Take aim cup, 32 teams, hundreds of people, players and spectators.

Maybe drop a line to get a bit of positive press?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Completely agree with you on that doc, if someone published a decent article showing that we aren't a bunch of gun nuts that just wanna shoot all in sight and that airsoft gear is legitimate sports equipment it'd be a great thing for us all

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Great ! Im sure that much more serios crime are made by kitchen knifes and humans fists,cars killing more peoples then some small wars , why not ban them !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OneAndEoinly

If the government reads this crap and genuinely takes it to heart about all the problems with airsoft they're just thick,like come on the mirror is hardly the most credible newspaper(****ty tabloid) in the world now is it?

Lads, I dont know why everyone reacts so badly to this stuff. We've seen it all before and the government has already revealed its intended legislation. Its just the usual stuff we see every year around this time as we enter "silly season".

Yeah,you're right. Its just annoying to see,i wouldnt be the most sport orientated person in the world and airsoft is sumtin i really enjoy,with the bit of exercise to go along with it,would just really really **** to see it go so soon.
    Cant help but worry

Yeah,you're right. Its just annoying to see,i wouldnt be the most sport orientated person in the world and airsoft is sumtin i really enjoy,with the bit of exercise to go along with it,would just really really **** to see it go so soon.
    Cant help but worry

Well its not going anywhere so I wouldnt worry about it mate. We're pretty much safe for the forseeable future.

Cheers for the assurance man,i can stop sleeping with ak47 in my arms now. lol *cough cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Hope realy shops will sell stuff with 50% discount :) Armagedon coming :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement