Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,623 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm happy enough with the draw, I think most of us would taken this before the game even started. We didnt deserve to win but the performance itself was very good and I felt like the team left everything on the pitch today. They gave us 100% and you cannot really argue with this result today.

At least we've taken points off them, so happy enough. 1 more point towards our survival lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully that's the 2 points dropped that costs them the title.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The way we conceded the goal was such a downer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Don't think a draw here turns Ole's reign around. Win would have been huge but to draw in that manner feels almost like a defeat. Think they go to Norwich next week and get beaten.

• Disgraceful second half tactically

Pretty much reverted to giving them possession after a very positive first 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Disappointed with the goal we conceded. Poor from both AWB and Pereira to not close the cross down.

Would have taken a point to be fair. Hopefully they continue to improve and can get the 3 points next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fair result, we had the upper hand and never capitalised.

Indicative of the creativity in our side that we're unable to go on and win it.

Backs against the wall for a long time in the second half and they deserved their goal unfortunately.

3 points would have been sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

sky88 wrote: »
    The way we conceded the goal was such a downer

We were so solid at the back and looking pretty comfortable. Wasn't even surprised Young and Rojo went to sleep, typical of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ole ultimately cost us the victory. Got his set up right at the start. Decides to change it. Decides to change it again!

Camps his team 30 yards from goal for the last 20 minutes hoping to hang on to a one goal lead.

He’s so far out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

That was a much better performance than I was expecting. We probably should have won it but again, we’ve conceded a goal from a mistake. We constantly do it.

I thought Fred, McTominay and Pereira had good games.

Disappointed we couldn’t see it out tho, it’s just very frustrating that the team can put in a performance like this and we’ll more than likely roll over for Norwich next week.

• Advertisement

Disgraceful second half tactically

I know where your coming from but Liverpool forced that on utd. Liverpool were far from the races in the 1st half but as you can see they came out alot better in the 2nd half and utd just had to sit and pray for something on the counter

If Liverpool actually showed up in the 1st half, we'd be in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Great performance for 60 mins, ok after that. Don't know why Ole changed formation. Maybe he's found the way we should play with the 3-5-2 we played in the first half. Have to take the positives from it. As usual individual mistakes cost us. It's a good point in the grand scheme of things. Meaningless if we don't crack on now on winning streak though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Headshot wrote: »
    I know where your coming from but Liverpool forced that on utd. Liverpool were far from the races in the 1st half but as you can see they came out alot better in the 2nd half and utd just had to sit and pray for something on the counter

If Liverpool actually showed up in the 1st half, we'd be in trouble

I feel one of the reasons they were poor is because of how we played and set up though. I wouldn't call the 2nd half a disgrace but we should've kept out formation as it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Ole has burned the place to the ground and is now rising from the flames like a phoenix. I’d have been happy with a 0-0 with no shots on goal at the start of the game.

He pulled off a master stroke and got us two shots on target, a goal, a few shots off target, the lads all on full alert flying into tackles, more than 35 per cent possession and still a draw.

1-1 if we got hammered Ole would be gone, he deserves all the credit here. The turnaround begins.

Disgraceful second half tactically

I seem to be in the minority looking online but I'm not happy overall with the performance.

First half yes very good at containing Liverpool defensively which has been our biggest strength this season. But attacking wise, still poor. Pereira had two chances going forward to make something happen and it didn't come off. Rashford and James did well.

Second half agreed, it was a shambles. We let them come onto us and rightfully conceded a goal. They deserved it. It was a matter of time and Ole got his tactics wrong.

Young and Rojo the two 'experienced' players costs us the goal, they're no longer Man United players.

Liverpool were poor, United made them poor but this was their off day. It happens in football like Chelsea were at the start of the season.

Decent performance but let's not get ahead of ourselves. All a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,554 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ask me bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I tell you what, if you can get your team to work hard and set them up in a way that they can follow your instructions you are halfway there.

Look at that team lineup, the result was fair and for most of the game Liverpool looked quite poor. That’s a team that hadnt dropped any points all season.

I do wonder how much Liverpool being an attacking team (we struggle against teams that sit back) and Maybe nobody giving us a shout (less pressure?) worked in our favor. Maybe they can use this as a springboard for something good, there is a lot to like in that performance. After so many horribly lifeless and effortless performances that’s been a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

BDI wrote: »
    Ole has burned the place to the ground and is now rising from the flames like a phoenix. I’d have been happy with a 0-0 with no shots on goal at the start of the game.

He pulled off a master stroke and got us two shots on target, a goal, a few shots off target, the lads all on full alert flying into tackles, more than 35 per cent possession and still a draw.

1-1 if we got hammered Ole would be gone, he deserves all the credit here. The turnaround begins.

Bar possession the stats are very similiar.
    Very happy with the performance given where we are in the rebuild at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

With that team out we got to be happy.

At least today we showed a little bit of Pride. Liverpool were dire, like last time they came.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    I tell you what, if you can get your team to work hard and set them up in a way that they can follow your instructions you are halfway there.

Depends on who’s giving them. Ole got his set up right from kick off(helped by Liverpool’s dire performance) got a goal ahead and then changed formation twice and surrendered 20 minutes from the end.

I have no faith whatsoever that he is the man to be taking instructions from.

adox wrote: »
    Depends on who’s giving them. Ole got his set up right from kick off(helped by Liverpool’s dire performance) got a goal ahead and then changed formation twice and surrendered 20 minutes from the end.

Absolutely spot on.

Second half was a disgrace. 90 minutes gone and Manchester United are hoping for the final whistle at home to Liverpool when it's 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We got visibly tired in the second half, surprised Ole didn't changes earlier. Happy enough with the point.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Me either... zero faith in him, in the press conference soon he’ll be sat there complete with trademark stare, all wide eyed and full of excuses as usual..

Can’t alter the facts though which are...

Over 90 minutes we had....

2 shots on target

32% possession

67% passing accuracy

AT FÛCKING HOME !!!

those stats tell you all you need to know about this team and this manager. Pathetic shïtshow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Big 5 games for Ole now. Given our struggles to create chances they're not bankers.

3 of those games are against newly promoted teams, but teams that have a bit about them too.

One game doesn’t change what’s happened the last year but I think that’s harsh. Ole got more right then wrong in this game, nobody else has been able to take any points from Liverpool this season. I think Ole did the best with the players available, whether you think our squad situation is his fault is another topic.

• Advertisement

Absolutely spot on.

Second half was a disgrace. 90 minutes gone and Manchester United are hoping for the final whistle at home to Liverpool when it's 1-1

It’s comments like this that make me think some of you guys don’t judge what we have, you judge what you think we should have. We were 4/1 before the game, that’s not what you expect from Manchester United but it’s a realistic representation of where we are at. Until the equalizer Liverpool didn’t look like scoring.

I’m not sure Ole is the answer and have the same concerns as most but I don’t think this game is a tick agaisnt his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I never know if your pulling the long joke or serious, love it either way. Keep that enthusiasm brother

Drumpot wrote: »
    It’s comments like this that make me think some of you guys don’t judge what we have, you judge what you think we should have. We were 4/1 before the game, that’s not what you expect from Manchester United but it’s a realistic representation of where we are at. Until the equalizer Liverpool didn’t look like scoring.

I’m not sure Ole is the answer and have the same concerns as most but I don’t think this game is a tick agaisnt his name.

Fair point but we had the upper hand for 60 minutes. At that stage I'm sure United were favourites to win the game odds wise and never did anything about it, sat back and invited the inevitable goal.

Frustrated really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Bit of heart shown for a change which was good. Ole will get a stay of execution for a couple of weeks but i still think he will be gone by Christmas. I do hear alot about what a great lad Klopp is. Just goes to show he is the same as Pep, Jose et al, all sweetness and light when things are going his way but a mentalist when they aren't. Anyway, Norwich on sunday will probably cause us more problems than the "champions elect" did today.

Fair point but we had the upper hand for 60 minutes. At that stage I'm sure United were favourites to win the game odds wise and never did anything about it, sat back and invited the inevitable goal.

Frustrated really.

I Hear you. One of my sons came down laughing into the room just as Liverpool scored and I gave him a wicked look as if he was lalana! :o

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I never know if your pulling the long joke or serious, love it either way. Keep that enthusiasm brother

giphy.gif

Keane ending Souness and Nevilles argument with

“just go and get Kane......what are ye all staring at?”

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What are these mid game formation changes people are talking about? What did he switch to?

Roy is damn right

I'm watching Gary here and he talks so much rubbish, he's like the propaganda department for Ole's utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Maybe he's found the way we should play with the 3-5-2 we played in the first half.
    No, he hasn't found anything.

I never want to lose to Liverpool, I'll say that from the start. But its hard not to feel that that draw is a whole load of nothing. A win would have been great, a defeat might have pushed things on, but a draw marked by some huge slices of luck? Thats a 40 degree day.

Its just not a performance that has any relevance, it certainly isn't a formation or performance that gives any hope that our biggest problem has been solved, the total inability to break teams down. We set up and played like a small team does, seen it before against the top teams and its often good for a point or two.

But back to Norwich next week, we wont be playing 352 and we still won't have a ****ing clue how to play through them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

How did ye lads rate fred and perrirea today?

Looking back at the goal we conceded again, Jesus H fûcking Christ , loads of players back there but no hunger, desire, no anything, no effort even from any defender to try and stop that cross as it whizzed across our box in front of our six yard line....”it’ll be grand, one of them will get it”. Good ball but nobody made any semblance of an effort to get a boot on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

More rubbish from Keane. We already had the better striker in Lukaku. Kane would end up the same without some creativity on the wings or a Silva type.

I thought Fred was absolute rubbish for 95% of the game.

Pereira who I think is an awful player, or at least a million mile away from what Utd need had a decent game. Put himself about big time and played a couple of lovely cross field passes.

Neither should be starting for Utd ultimately.

I’m deadly serious. All you can do is get behind the team and the gaffer.
    We wanted the attitude players gone. He is doing that. He will build a team that arnt celebrities. He will build a squad not a night of Instagram videos and dances. He needs time.
    He could have panic bought an ageing striker for bizarre money who thought he should decide what’s what and been stuck with him for five years but he didn’t panic buy.
    Everything he does is under the microscope and he is learning as he goes. Woodward has a red button to eject ole if the plane can only carry one of them and ole seems to have the club at heart.

I hope he can make it work. There was a quote earlier from Headshot at the start of the game saying he hoped it was Oles last game.

Think of that and then think if it’s me you should be questioning.

Wins the champions league with a never say die attitude. Serves the club from the bench and never complains. Goes to the lower leagues to learn management. Takes the jobs nobody wants.
    Then gets united job when the squad is in a state and builds his own squad. If he makes it a success I’d cry for him. I’d sit there watching him lift titles crying tears of joy.

That’d be true sporting joy. Grinding out 1-0 wins with Allegri buying in mercenaries and pop stars and battling in the top 4 is not what I’m all about.

• Advertisement

Both improved from recent performances although not hard.

Fred had a couple mistakes but he was a bit of a nuisance which disrupted Liverpool.

Pereira was good but doesn't offer anything going forward even if he had a good couple runs, lacks creativity.

Decent games defensively but not convinced at all either are starting quality or have the consistency to perform each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Rashford looking like a footballer again was encouraging. Enjoyed seeing the greatest defender in the history of the game bounce off him and onto his arse.

Strumms wrote: »
    Looking back at the goal we conceded again, Jesus H fûcking Christ , loads of players back there but no hunger, desire, no anything, no effort even from any defender to try and stop that cross as it whizzed across our box in front of our six yard line....”it’ll be grand, one of them will get it”. Good ball but nobody made any semblance of an effort to get a boot on it.

Dunno how you can say that as the players ran their bollox off for 90 mins. It was a lapse in concentration, not a lack of desire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I thought Fred was absolute rubbish for 95% of the game.

Pereira who I think is an awful player, or at least a million mile away from what Utd need had a decent game. Put himself about big time and played a couple of lovely cross field passes.

Neither should be starting for Utd ultimately.
    That’s a very harsh assessment of Fred’s performance today,was just talking to a Liverpool fan on phone who was at game today.He asked me what had Fred put in his cornflakes this morning as he was a constant thorn in Pool midfields side.
    He (like me) had felt Fred was a v poor player up to this but he outplayed Fabinho and Henderson today with Mc Tominays and to a lesser extent Pereiras help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Fred had his best game bin a Man United shirt, Pereiraa way out of his depth at this level.

Dunno how you can say that as the players ran their bollox off for 90 mins. It was a lapse in concentration, not a lack of desire.

I’m not concerned about 90 minutes, I’m concerned about the minute where that goal was scored, Liverpool players ran their bôllocks off too but had the desire, determination and ability to score at the death... we had desire to not defend properly, how ever you dress it up that was pîss poor defending... you put it in from minute one until the final whistle, concentration and application.. we didn’t, we were asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

As they mentioned on commentary, the switch to 5-4-1 saw the full backs switch off on a few occasions.

Happy enough with the performance, would have been great to hold on for the win. People laying into players for attitude or Ole for tactics is ridiculous imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I’m deadly serious.

Sure you are.

Sure you are.

Again, this is Manchester United transfer news rumours etc forum not the BDI accusation forum. I just want to get behind the manager and discuss performance. My stream died today at about the 20 th minute.

Got a scrappy stream working on my phone and kept up with the main parts but will probably have to watch the full match tomorrow for any good insight into Oles tactics. The team looked like a different team from what I saw. Even Lindelof who I have little time for seemed to be getting stuck in.

I hope ole can do enough to keep his job until christmas. Obviously that means keeping us away from relegation. If we look like safe bet to stay up at Christmas I’d be delighted to give him until summer. If we look like we are in free fall around Christmas I will happily say I’m wrong and get behind the next fella.

• Advertisement

Master stroke.

Phoenix from the flames.

Credit due.
    Again, this is Manchester United transfer news rumours etc forum not the BDI accusation forum. I just want to get behind the manager and discuss performance. My stream died today at about the 20 th minute.

Got a scrappy stream working on my phone and kept up with the main parts but will probably have to watch the full match tomorrow for any good insight into Oles tactics. The team looked like a different team from what I saw. Even Lindelof who I have little time for seemed to be getting stuck in.

I hope ole can do enough to keep his job until christmas. Obviously that means keeping us away from relegation. If we look like safe bet to stay up at Christmas I’d be delighted to give him until summer. If we look like we are in free fall around Christmas I will happily say I’m wrong and get behind the next fella.

My stream died 20 minutes in.

Good god almighty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement