Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€70 Cordless Vacuum - Lidl

• 22-09-2019 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

From tomorrow:

Lidl - €70 for a Cordless Vacuum? Specs look ok. How bad could it be for €70? Anyone here got one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Details:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

cs5 wrote: »
    From tomorrow:

Lidl - €70 for a Cordless Vacuum? Specs look ok. How bad could it be for €70? Anyone here got one?

Even if you got a year out of it, how bad.

Was thinking the same but it comes with a 3 year warranty so....

I’m wondering about the suction though?
    Is it a good sucker or not? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭FrankPoll.

cs5 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same but it comes with a 3 year warranty so....

I’m wondering about the suction though?
    Is it a good sucker or not? ;)

9kpa seems decent enough, some of the similar type units on Amazon are only 5kpa

the dyson doesn't seem to supply a rating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

From talking to someone who has it the filter blocks very quickly and the battery is very poor after a few months. Think I will avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Got one very similar last year, absolute junk practically no suction at all, grandson plays with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Interested in hearing more thoughts from anyone who has it. I wouldn't be using too often anyway and not about to drop 300 on a Dyson

Yeah, me too. Just want something for everyday cleaning on wooden floors and tiles. Won’t be using it on carpets.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

I have one, use few daily on my wooden floors, take up crumbs, dog hair etc. Handy for the car too. Does the job for a quick tidy but need to get Henry our for a proper clean on the carpet on the stairs.

Stopped charging after 9 months, brought it back and got a full refund, bought it again when back in store.

Does the job for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Mine died after after a year...hoping to get refund under warranty and would repurchase.

It's not strong enough to be the main hoover but it's perfect for keeping things tidy downstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

From time to time lidl sell 'Hoover' brand upright cordless vacuums- I bought one 3/4 years ago and am very pleased. Great suction and battery life. Might be worth checking out with lidl if they will be selling them anytime soon again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I got it last year. It's grand for the money. I've only laminate floors and tiles in my house so no carpets. Don't expect it to be as good as a Shark or Dyson when they are 5 times the price at least.

Picked up one today from Lidl in Balbriggan. Guy working on the floor said they got 25 of them in, when I picked up mine they had about 7 or 8 left. Used it today and it’s perfect for what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Got one today myself thinking it would be a good buy.
    Suction very bad on it avoid it feel like a toy vacuum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Got one today myself, find it grand for the price to be honest. Better than the 1st generation Dyson cordless we had.
    Suction is good at the start but once the compartment starts to fill it loses some suction, quick empty of the compartment and shake of the filter and it's back to good suction again.
    Eco mode is not much use, just about picks up the dust on laminate floors.
    Our Miele died the other day so this will be a stand in for now. And with a 3 year warranty you can't really go wrong.
    Warranty won't cover batteries or switches according to the manual. Spare battery is €35 on the OEM site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I bought a cordless Hoover (the brand) in sale for 80 euro from argos, it's excellent great for a whizz about, wouldn't be without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

From time to time lidl sell 'Hoover' brand upright cordless vacuums- I bought one 3/4 years ago and am very pleased. Great suction and battery life. Might be worth checking out with lidl if they will be selling them anytime soon again.

We got one of those last year and it broke in a few months, stopped charging, store replaced it and that one broke too, the head stopped rotating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's £49.99 in their British stores, so expect a sub €60 product that you are paying €70 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Supervalu had a Beldray BEL0776 Airgility Cordless Quick Vac last week for € 65.00 , 70 pounds on Amazon + delivery / € 99.00 in Dunnes. We got one and it's grand for the price ( we only have wooden floors and it picked up everything including dog hairs ).
    If you expect Dyson quality and performance buy a Dyson for € 300 +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Bought this one from Lidl last year - does absolutely fine for the non-deep-clean issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

My local Lidl still had a good few of these this evening. Thinking about pulling the trigger tomorrow. Any more thoughts from recent buyers? I'd be hoping this would do the trick for a daily clean on wooden floors ans tiles and relegate the old fashioned vacuum to a weekly bigger clean.

That’s exactly what I use ours for. Quick run around the bottom of the house on a daily basis (wooden floors and tiles) and it’s perfect for that.
    Suction is grand. It’s not brilliant. This isn’t a Dyson but for €70 it does the job for us.
    We use the old bigger plug in upstairs now for the deep clean on carpets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

They're in-store now at 99.99 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Is the Hoover one any better than the lidl €70 one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bought a similar one on Amazon for €30. Very handy for around the house.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭CoBo55

meathman0 wrote: »

It couldn't be any worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

meathman0 wrote: »

Can't speak of the lidl one but I'm very pleased with the Hoover one
    One of my friends bought Hoover one same time as I did and very happy with it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Hoover one is grand at least for hard floors. Copes surprisingly well with dog hairs too.

Advertisement