Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy ?

Options
  • 23-11-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am looking for name of store/ website where I can buy trendy / stylish clothes for elderly woman in large sizes. Have searched all standard stores / sites but with no luck.
    Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

Hi Nicola,

I've moved your thread from the Ladies Lounge to the Fashion and Appearance forum as it's more appropriate and I think you might have more luck here.

Please be aware that the F&A charter is now in effect.

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

I see you've already started a post here. Please do not post the same post across multiple fora.

Will a F&A mod please lock this? Thanks!

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Argh I had a long reply typed out for you and my crappy computer crashed!
    What size are you actually looking for?
    I've an aunt in her late 60s who's a size 24, so I'll give you a rundown of some of her favourites.
    She spends a bit of time in Austria and always came home with lots from Ulla Popken - they used to have stores in Ireland but I think they're online only now.
    For dressy stuff, Jacques Vert do classic styles up to size 24.
    For more fashion led, casual things, New Look has the odd gem.
    Mango's plus size range, Violeta, is gorgeous.
    Esprit do up to a size 18, quite an easy fit.
    S Oliver go up to I think a 26, lovely quality tops and knitwear, trousers look dodgy enough.
    Gerry Weber go up to a 20 and do nice quality, well cut clothes. Expensive but classic stuff with the sort of twists that will appeal to an older lady.
    Anna Scholz do lovely knitwear in a cotton and cashmere blend - luxurious stuff with prices to match but they do nice bright colours that are hard to find in plus sizes at this time of year (everything tends to be black or red, which must get a bit old year after year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hi OP,

My partner's Mam is in her seventies and a size 20/22. She never shops for herself, but doesn't dress 'old' if you know what I mean so her family generally end up buying her clothes for Xmas/birthday etc. Anyway from experience Paco have some nice casual stuff, Punt Roma which is stocked in Shaws is a bit dressier and Debenhams can have some nice plus stize stuff too, but it seems to depend on the store

Advertisement