Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Macbook Charger?

Options
  • 11-04-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone know where to find a charger for an Apple MacBook White 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2007/2008 vintage? The power supply died tonight and the connector on the newest chargers won't fit it.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You could try asking the guys in CompuB on O'Connell St, just along from BT, 061 440022. They may not have any to hand, but poss could redirect you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Second for Compu B - they are very helpful in there and know their Apple stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

id also say compub, but as tomorrow is sunday, perhaps harvey norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fintan.moloney

You can save yourself a bunch of money by going on eBay and getting a new replacement charger there, you would get one for about 1/3 of the price for a non official Apple one which will do the job just as well. All you need to do is check which Mac you have in 'About This Mac' (will say something like Mid 2008 or something like that) and search for that plus 'charger'.

Plus its easy to find parts for older Macbooks, I've replaced batteries and chargers etc that way and never had a problem. The only problem is as the stuff usually comes from the Far East you would be waiting a bit longer (1-2 weeks) but sometimes you can find a store in the UK selling parts.

Of course you could get official Apple stuff that way a bit cheaper if you don't mind paying the Apple tax :o

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭brianhickey

Have to recommend against a non-Apple charger. I went through two of them in less than 6 months, they don't last in my experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement