Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinball League 2017

Options
  • 07-11-2016 9:10am

The first meet of the new Irish Pinball league season (2016-17)will be in Naas, Southern Ireland. It will be held on Sunday the 20th of November.
    (hosted by yours truley!)
    Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending.

Star Trek the next generation
    Tales from the crypt
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Space station
    Whitewater

We already have a few locations lined up for this seasons league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch with the amount of machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day by others if you are only have one or two machines)

Hosts will be offering some light refreshments and snacks on a voluntary basis. Anyone attending the meets can avail of these and all we ask is you give a few pounds or euros to the hosts to help cover their costs in providing the snacks. We are suggesting £2 (or €2) on top of the entry fee which is set at £2 (or €2). The contribution to the host goes fully to the host to cover the cost of refreshments, food, preparation etc

Last of all. Its really only an excuse to play some pinball with other pinball players.Its not really competitive even though it is played as a league. So if you fancy playing some pinball come along and have a bit of fun..

Hopefully see you at some meets this year:D

Dave

Comments

Less than a week to go ,
    just remember!
    Its really only an excuse to play some pinball with other pinball players.Its not really competitive even though it is played as a league. So if you fancy playing some pinball come along and have a bit of fun.

And there will be 6 meets this year,
    only 4 out of the 6 will count towards your score.
    If you come to 4 you will have a good chance at getting a trophy !

There will be beer and pizza !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

For a nominal fee as well I may/may not strip on the day. :p

Actually can wait for this now. Should be a good time.

Bringing my A game this year. I want to get up on that podium

Bring your A game and that PCB from star trek......

mine let out the magic smoke last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'd be interested in this. I was at the pinball hall of fame earlier this year in Las Vegas and some barcades and fell in love playing pinball (even though I titled a lot and many ball saves!)

All systems go for tomorrow.
    Looks like we'll have 6 games to play!
    Not sure what number 6 will be.

Surprise game!

• Advertisement

Well despite the relatively poor turnout yesterday went really well.

only 8 players including myself took part.
    There was a good amount of beer/pizza consumed.

Game number 6 was star ship troopers. its having a little holiday in my living room!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Sorry i couldn't make this one. I'm hit and miss with these things they always seem to fall on bad weekends for me. Would have loved to go.

Hi,

The next meet of the Irish Pinball league season will be in Naas (my place), It will be held on Sunday 2nd July,Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending. Address and directions can be sent to those who are not sure of the location.

The Machines available to play

Tales from the Crypt
    White Water
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Star Trek The Next Generation
    Space Station

(3 arcade games also)

We already have a few locations lined up for this seasons league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch, stating the amount of machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day if you only have one or two machines)

Hosts will be offering some light refreshments and snacks on a voluntary basis. Anyone attending the meets can avail of these and all we ask is you give a few euro to the hosts to help cover their costs in providing the snacks. We are suggesting £2 (or €2) on top of the entry fee which is set at £2 (or €2). The contribution to the host goes fully to the host to cover the cost of refreshments, food, preparation etc

Last of all. Its really only an excuse to play some pinball with other pinball players, Its not really competitive even though it is played as a league. So if you fancy playing some pinball come along and have a bit of fun..

Hopefully see you there

Cheers

See you there!

5 days left and its full steam ahead in the Happy Cat Arcade.
    The machines are being leveled and the tilt bobs being set.
    Also have a new sound system !!!!
    The place is like a bomb site but looking like every thing will be 100% for the day!

Hopefully we will be having some BBBQ
    The extra B is for BYOBB!

• Advertisement

See yous tomorrow 😎!
    Any one looking for directions hit me up here.
    I've enough junk food for a small army.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Oh there's junk food....

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Leavin soon, do we just put 'happy cat 😻 arcade ' in the satnav?! 😃

Yesterday was a grate success ,
    23 competitors in all,Biggest turnout over I think?

Scores will be up sometime today/tomorrow once they have been double checked but there was some good,some bad and some ugly ones :o
    but the main thing is that every one had fun.

Also I need to invest in aircon for the arcade:cool:

Thanks to all for coming !
    next one will be in Lisburn NI.

OK guys and girls.
    Scores from Sunday are up!

http://ukpinballleague.co.uk/meet.php?scores=IR%2011.4&meet=Meet%204,%2002.07.17

And league standings.

http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/leaguetable-ir.php

I still think I was robbed on white water :D

I actually got jackpots on TFTC,Space station,CFTBL and StTNG.
    I would of had one on whitewater too but the upper flipper was overheating and didnt have the power :(

I'm coming for that podium!!

White water killed me aswell. Can't believe Ian bet me by only 4 million on TFTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Well I was the suckiest suck that ever sucked at this one, cheers butts for the beer and burgers, great turnout too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Butsy you are the king.. gonna head into Token later shoot some ball.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Butsy you are the king.. gonna head into Token later shoot some ball.

It would suck if the machines are on 50c coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

It would suck if the machines are on 50c coins.

They are...

• Advertisement
Advertisement