Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Any update on how serious Coombes' injury is?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

Caranica wrote: »
    Any update on how serious Coombes' injury is?

JVG said no concerns bar Nash who he hopes is ‘not too serious’

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was anyone here at the game? How did our attack look? Could we see some plays or pullback passes at the very least? Nice to see another 7 tries on the board at least! Maybe we should play more games (especially big ones) in Cork - maybe the likes of Saracens, Racing, Leinster, etc. would send over weakened sides. Mind games! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Was anyone here at the game? How did our attack look? Could we see some plays or pullback passes at the very least? Nice to see another 7 tries on the board at least! Maybe we should play more games (especially big ones) in Cork - maybe the likes of Saracens, Racing, Leinster, etc. would send over weakened sides. Mind games! :D

Missed it but there's highlights video here if that's any good! https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/09/16/highlights-gallery-reaction-munster-v-london-irish/

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Was at the game. Munster's attack and overall fitness looked very good for a first hit out.
    The coombes flick up for his try as shown in the highlights was the standout moment of the evening for me.
    Not shown in the highlights was Kevin O'Byrnes pass out the back door as he was being tackled- Very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Hope O'sullivan development gets priority over Jed Holloway, O'sulllivan is the best backrower Munster underage sides have produced since O'mahony

Munsters future backrow should be built around

O'sullivan, Hodnett, Coombes, maybe Whitcherly as a 6 and in a few years Alex Kendellen will be in the mix

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hope O'sullivan development gets priority over Jed Holloway, O'sulllivan is the best backrower Munster underage sides have produced since O'mahony

Arno Botha and Jack O'Donaghue are more likely to block O'Sullivan this season than Holloway is. He's only here for 2 months and is more likely to play second row.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Arno Botha and Jack O'Donaghue are more likely to block O'Sullivan this season than Holloway is. He's only here for 2 months and is more likely to play second row.

He's a bit slight though. He'll need to make some serious gains to play in the back row.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

At a Q&A with ROG and Alan Quinlan hosted my Denis Fogarty
    Christ, you wont be hearing any of these stories in a podcast any time soon:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

At a Q&A with ROG and Alan Quinlan hosted my Denis Fogarty
    Christ, you wont be hearing any of these stories in a podcast any time soon:pac:

Now you have to tell the best ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Protest is going ahead. They're protesting his signing. They did similarly at Connacht last season

Any idea how many attended the protest and in what way did they protest
    Dbu wrote: »

A bit of of a surprise but he seems to have good background - hope this works well for Munster
    Eod100 wrote: »
    Team out. TB captains. 8 Academy players in mix. https://mobile.twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1172126721044295680

Missed my first pre-season in years - impressive scoreline and early days yet but did anyone notice any improvements from our new coaching team.

Our A team hasn't been doing so well this season so I'm hoping the emphasis is in the senior team development during the pre-season training.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

phog wrote: »
    Any idea how many attended the protest and in what way did they protest

A bit of of a surprise but he seems to have good background - hope this works well for Munster

Missed my first pre-season in years - impressive scoreline and early days yet but did anyone notice any improvements from our new coaching team.

Our A team hasn't been doing so well this season so I'm hoping the emphasis is in the senior team development during the pre-season training.

The protest:
    About 30-40 people.
    "London Irish shame on you" was the chant.
    They were outside the dolphin end across the road from the entrance.
    Some of the protestors were holding a large social democrats banner which i found very distasteful tbh

As regards the team performance:
    Team looked very fit/sharp.
    Improvements i saw was more offloading/passing & much better attack lines

He's a bit slight though. He'll need to make some serious gains to play in the back row.

Hes a bit slight? have you seen O'mahony and Jordi Murphy? hes a better ball carrier than both were and bigger at the same age

A team has had a lot more club players than usual as the academy are needed to bolster the main squad until the internationals are back. I think the results are more down to lack of familiarity than anything else.

The front loading of the Celtic Cup at the start of the season is ridiculous and seriously limits the opportunities for fringe players later in the season. Had it not been for those games in America in the spring, some of our squad wouldn't have played in red for half the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Hes a bit slight? have you seen O'mahony and Jordi Murphy? hes a better ball carrier than both were and bigger at the same age

I'd say they'd both be considerably bigger to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Judging by the highlights he was the most impressive Munster forward on the pitch, I think because of how good hodnett was this year people are forgetting just how good Josser is, if you had stuck him on this years Irish 20s team he would of been the best forward in the pack by a longshot hopefully him or Gavin Coombes can step up this year

Met all 3 in person, Jossers stats are a year or two old, really not much in it size wise and Jack has plenty of time to pack another few kilos on

Did you see the string bean O'mahony was when he was u20s? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Met all 3 in person, Jossers stats are a year or two old, really not much in it size wise and Jack has plenty of time to pack another few kilos on

Did you see the string bean O'mahony was when he was u20s? lol

Exactly and I think his footwork in contact is better than the other two and he looks more explosive than the two did at that age

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Darren Sweetnam, Alex McHenry, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Nick McCarthy;
    James Cronin, Kevin O’Byrne, Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea, Fineen Wycherley; Arno Botha, Tommy O’Donnell (C), Jack O’Donoghue.

Replacements from:
    Rhys Marshall, Liam O’Connor, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Seán O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Paddy Butler, Conor Oliver, Jack O’Sullivan,
    Alby Mathewson, Neil Cronin, Jack Stafford, Tyler Bleyendaal, Liam Coombes, Jonathan Wren, Alan Tynan.

The starting XV looks quite close to what we'll see against the Dragons. Craig Casey is starting for the A side tonight, the scrum-half pecking order will be interesting to follow over the RWC. The backup spot behind Murray looks like an open competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No sign of Cloete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Planing to head up to this, there is enough time to head up after the SA V NZ game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

No sign of Cloete.

Yeah... What's the story there? Anyone know?

Disappointing result for the A team. 3 yellow cards is unacceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Does anyone know much about Daniel Okeke? Is he u20s this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Disappointing result for the A team. 3 yellow cards is unacceptable

??? A team won over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

hype101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about Daniel Okeke? Is he u20s this year?
    Is an under 19 and still in school so wont be playing 20s

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    ??? A team won over the weekend

They did. Sorry it was the senior team. These world cup early mornings are playing havoc with my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1176141499282706434

Hopefully we get some other highlights. That better be our allotment of yellow cards out of the way early in the season!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Is an under 19 and still in school so wont be playing 20s

Pretty sure he is out of school

Advertisement