Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"RF JAM" Phonewatch / Simon XT

Options
  • 31-01-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Alarm started beeping about 20 minutes ago, and when checked, it said "RF JAM". Rang Phonewatch, and their response was along the lines of "not sure what it is, but the engineer should have turned it off when installing the alarm".

Bullsh|t alarm went off on hearing that, so thought I'd ask here, as to me "RF JAM" sounds like "radio frequency jam", and thus someone may be looking to break in!

The alarm system I have is the "Simon XT".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

the_syco wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Alarm started beeping about 20 minutes ago, and when checked, it said "RF JAM". Rang Phonewatch, and their response was along the lines of "not sure what it is, but the engineer should have turned it off when installing the alarm".

Bullsh|t alarm went off on hearing that, so thought I'd ask here, as to me "RF JAM" sounds like "radio frequency jam", and thus someone may be looking to break in!

The alarm system I have is the "Simon XT".

Firstly for the sake of my blood pressure lets keep the Phonewatch word to a minimum.

Your system is detecting a broadcast in the range that the wireless detectors in your house function and is getting a bit upset. Did the operator you spoke with offer to send anyone out to you now to attend to the problem?

Ok has any of your neighbours got a new alarm system installed very recently?
    Is there any new electronic gadget in your home which was switched on in the last while?
    Have you a new car parked in your driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Have you by any chance a phone mast near your home ? Or do you own a 4G enabled phone ? The jam detect should be left on as I don't think the panel conforms to EN standards if it is turned off. It also stops anyone from tampering with sensor signals.

Advertisement