Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gluten, wheat, dairy, egg and beef not allowed....

• 05-09-2013 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

ok so i recently found out i am intolerant to cashews, wheat, gluten, dairy and eggs... so im kinda stuck. i used to be good with the high protein low carb, have 4 eggs a day, snack on cashews, would sometimes have steak or a burger for brekkie, protein pancakes (cant have the egg now though)..

any suggestions to some good links that may have suitable plans done up? (high protein, obv) i could sit down and do one out myself but i hate doing it and find it easier to follow other ppls direction regarding diet (don't question why, it's just the way i am).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hi

Who did the test and what type of test was it?

You said you did good before eating eggs so whats changed?

The best intolerance tests is eliminating a specific food stuff for a two week period and keeping a journal on how you feel. Start with the wheat.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

i got it done in the fitzwilliam food clinic.. I was having issues before but was never sure what it was, turns out egg was one of the culprits. i went off everything for a bit and i felt great! i'm still off wheat, gluten and dairy but having trouble again with the eggs so i'm defo not able for them. will be back off everything again for another few weeks for things to settle.

oh i c what ya thought there, i meant that i was good at eating them, not that they were good for me, soz shoulda made that a bit more clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

These food intolerance tests are a scam: IgG Food Intolerance Tests: What does the science say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

These food intolerance tests are a scam: IgG Food Intolerance Tests: What does the science say?

Interesting read, but I think il stick to it. Different strokes for different folks. I found I hadless pain and discomfort when I avoided the above mentioned substances and relied much less on medication. I would b the 1st one beforeto say its bulls**t but if it works im ggoing to try...

now back to why I brought any this up. Amy idea on some good high protein low carb diets that would be suitable for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

I would suggest the most of the relief you got was from packing in the wheat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Very same her, all of the above
    Try some other nuts (pecans, macadamia and pistachios seems to work for me)
    Pulses, meats and seeds
    Soya/almond milk and yoghurt might do (with extra protein in)
    I've been told duck or quaile eggs are usually tolerated (not me tho)
    It's tough but doable
    If you feel better, stick with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

here, try these. They have some pretty good recipes. Its mostly paleo/primal, but they wont have any wheat/gluten or, and a section for egg free and dairy free too.
    http://stalkerville.net/diet/egg-free/
    http://stalkerville.net/diet/dairy-free/

Another site that I found helpful; http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/ It has a lot of links to other sites that you might like, and that are suitable.

Hope they help, and good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Hani Kosti what test did you use to find your intolerance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Had York test done (bought on Groupon for half price, worth checking, might show up again)
    You are pretty much looking at IgG blood test, don't go for skin test
    I know loads people would say it's not scientific and that IgG (immunoglobulins) test are not reliable
    I'm just stating what worked for ME. Feeling significantly better since I eliminated what the test showed as intolerance
    PM me if you have any questions

Advertisement