Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone use mapmytracks.com - Mobile GPS tracking?

• 18-09-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Have a mobile with internal GPS and downloaded mapmytracks.com program which will record a GPS track just like a Garmin. Used it today on a run with garmin 305 to compare and 305 measured 6.22miles, mapmytracks measured 6.1miles. Average pace/mile Garmin:7:03, average pace mapmytracks 7:11. The data as displayed instantaneously by mapmytracks is too erratic to use to run a constant pace but for recording actual distance and average pace seems fine and it shows you progressing along a map as you run.

Theres a function where you can upload the data realtime online so people can view realtime your progress on the web e.g during a race...Anyone used this before?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I briefly played with the Nokia version of something similar before I got my Garmin and was starting to get annoyed with my Polar. Think it was called SportTrack and was one of their beta apps.

The uploading your location in real time sounds cool for during a long race though so that your supporters will be able to know exactly where you are up to or if they have already missed you at some viewing point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

robinph wrote: »
    The uploading your location in real time sounds cool for during a long race though so that your supporters will be able to know exactly where you are up to or if they have already missed you at some viewing point.

Yeah, its free for 60min 'live feed' per month, any more than that and its 4 or 5 euros a month to sign up for a better subscription. the 60min is of course not long enough for a marathon! Might try it out at my next race in 2 weeks time to see the quality of the feed for the last hour of the race.

Advertisement