Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect laptop to midi controller to speakers?

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I'm 15 and I already know a fair bit about djing.
    I started out with things like Virtual DJ and Garageband, then I did a DJ course and now I'm using Ableton Live and Traktor Scratch Pro. Junior Cert Results Night is next Wednesday and I need to fully understand how to fully connect all equipment up etc by then. Im really into CDJ's but I think for a simple party of 60-70 people, I'll use Traktor, I was looking at Reloop Digital Jockey 2 to use as a controller for Traktor rather than having to drag the mouse around,
    but I desperately need to know this;
    I have a Macbook Pro with Traktor Scratch Pro on it already.
    What else do I need to power up everything? Would it go like this?
    Laptop } Reloop Controller } Amp } Speakers? If that's incorrect, please let me know how to properly setup this equipment.

Sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hello, I'm 15 and I already know a fair bit about djing.
    I started out with things like Virtual DJ and Garageband, then I did a DJ course and now I'm using Ableton Live and Traktor Scratch Pro. Junior Cert Results Night is next Wednesday and I need to fully understand how to fully connect all equipment up etc by then. Im really into CDJ's but I think for a simple party of 60-70 people, I'll use Traktor, I was looking at Reloop Digital Jockey 2 to use as a controller for Traktor rather than having to drag the mouse around,
    but I desperately need to know this;
    I have a Macbook Pro with Traktor Scratch Pro on it already.
    What else do I need to power up everything? Would it go like this?
    Laptop } Reloop Controller } Amp } Speakers? If that's incorrect, please let me know how to properly setup this equipment.

Sam

That's pretty much it. You'll have to make sure that the amp has RCA inputs. Whe it somes to setting up just keep the levels on the amp down when you start powering stuff on and bring them up while playing a track until you're happy. Control the gain from the software rather than the amp or you might risk blowing the speakers if turned too high (I've seen this happen at a (small) gig due to the Dj being somewhat intoxicated :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if that reloop 2 has a built in midi interface then your ok, otherwise you need one

Advertisement