Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts

• 09-09-2009 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

Howdo folks,

The Mods have had a pow wow (lots of cigars and brandy in a shady club of ill repute) and we think that it might be an idea to put all the bargain, money off & specials type posts in one place.

So here it is!

If you know of any special offers please post them in here rather than in a new thread - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

Alsi Specials:

They have some good things.

The heart rate monitor at €19.99 is a good buy for people new to the running who don't want to drop €300 on a Garmin. I've had 2 of them before.

The reflectors are handy for night running and the cycling gloves are handy for running as well(the towelling on the thumb is particularly effective at wiping snot of a runny nose on a cold winter run!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭gaffo7

mite just take a little trip check it out! hate to think its reflector time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Seen a decent price for the Garmin forerunner 405(295 euro) & 310XT(370 euro) on www.trisports.ie

Got a few things from them before, fast delivery too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

A friend of mine got his 405 for €180, took a week to come, posted from the states. Got it through an eBay shop I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Forerunner 405 €223 on amazon uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Pearl Izumi Phase t-shirts for £12.99 on ebay.co.uk. RRP is €29.99.

They are big fitting so consider going down a size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

RJC had one of those new aldi hrms in my hand today but backed off. I had an earlier version that worked fine for swimming, but i wasnt so sure aout this one, have you used it in water

Also pressed a few buttons through the box does the stopwatch only go to a thousand seconds???

I don't know, I only use it for running. I think it goes to the 100th of a second. For €20 it is the ideal start for people who are about to start with a garmin 50. A €20 hrm and access to mapmyrun or google maps is plenty to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

New Balance 1063 50% off. When you add the £5 postage - works out at €55. A bargain for the neutral runner.

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=4610

New Balance 1063 50% off. When you add the £5 postage - works out at €55. A bargain for the neutral runner.

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=4610

Just had 2 pairs.

They wear out at 300 miles as opposed to the older 1062s which go on for 500-600 miles so they are discounted for a reason. Check out the american roadrunnersports shop website for some good (honest) product reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

RJC wrote: »
    Just had 2 pairs.

They wear out at 300 miles as opposed to the older 1062s which go on for 500-600 miles so they are discounted for a reason. Check out the american roadrunnersports shop website for some good (honest) product reviews.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been reading a few reviews on many sites now and they are mixed (as with every shoe). Most reviews are from people that have just bought them so its good to hear from someone who has tested the durability and lifetime of the shoe. still, deadly price though. Do you mind me asking, where did the wear down on you? For me I'd expect the outer sole (little toe side) over time.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been reading a few reviews on many sites now and they are mixed (as with every shoe). Most reviews are from people that have just bought them so its good to hear from someone who has tested the durability and lifetime of the shoe. still, deadly price though. Do you mind me asking, where did the wear down on you? For me I'd expect the outer sole (little toe side) over time.

Yes, the outer part of the mid-foot wear out here pretty quickly (250 miles) . For me though it was the heel that did it for me. The gel pieces have been sexed up with cut-out bits between them and this is a triumph of gimmick over substance. The abzorb (or adzorb) grey foam between this and the outer black sole also loses it's shape and the heel bends up in a very pronounced way.

I am still a fan of NB but this shoe doesn't do it for me (after 700 miles).

Advertisement