Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Apple TV+

• 16-05-2021 7:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭

Free Apple TV + when you buy certain new apple products, 12 months free then e4.99 a month there after with easy cancellation, not a huge library but sure it’s free ( just in case anyone was interested)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Free Apple TV + when you buy certain new apple products, 12 months free then e4.99 a month there after with easy cancellation, not a huge library but sure it’s free ( just in case anyone was interested)

Yep got this on my new company iPhone SE 2/2020 recently. Works perfectly.

For all Mankind is well worth checking out on it 😊

Where's the bargain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hardly free when you have to spend a lot of money to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

muffler wrote: »
    Hardly free when you have to spend a lot of money to get it.

I think it's more that people may not be aware of it if they've bought a phone recently in fairness.

A lot may have work phones like myself where its offered. I stumbled across it in the settings app but wouldn't have known about it either otherwise

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

For anyone who gets this and are wondering what to watch, Ted Lasso and Mystic Quest are both excellent comedies and For All Mankind is a good drama/sci fi/alt reality show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yep got this on my new company iPhone SE 2/2020 recently. Works perfectly.

For all Mankind is well worth checking out on it 😊

I got it but only copped in ‘‘twas free yesterday,I’ll give it a lash

bk wrote: »
    For anyone who gets this and are wondering what to watch, Ted Lasso and Mystic Quest are both excellent comedies and For All Mankind is a good drama/sci fi/alt reality show.

Read about both so why not

Thank you

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I think it's more that people may not be aware of it if they've bought a phone recently in fairness.

A lot may have work phones like myself where its offered. I stumbled across it in the settings app but wouldn't have known about it either otherwise
    Yes true but ppl like me who did purchase sure it’s an extra ( I sold a one plus 7 pro for just under e300 ,and bought a 12 pro max silver sealed for e920 which included a glass protector and a snazzy case so reckon I got a bargain , so don’t mind spending a bit on a quality product, never thought I would this time last year but sure could be dead tomorrow’)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tehran is also very good.

Think a slightly lower budget Homeland.

Homeland is an old favourite so I’ll have to have a sconce tnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

Signed up in December when I got a new iPhone can easily say I haven’t watched a thing on it. They are lighting years away from the content offered on Netflix, prime video or Disney plus. Free is free I guess but remember it auto renews after a year and you can’t cancel in advance or you lose the access for the remainder of the free trial so a heads up!

Spn744 wrote: »
    Signed up in December when I got a new iPhone can easily say I haven’t watched a thing on it. They are lighting years away from the content offered on Netflix, prime video or Disney plus. Free is free I guess but remember it auto renews after a year and you can’t cancel in advance or you lose the access for the remainder of the free trial so a heads up!

Oh feck that so, thanks for the heads up, I have the Disney + and Netflix etc so that’ll do, was under the impression that it was easy to unsubscribe, era I’ll put a reminder in the calendar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

Oh feck that so, thanks for the heads up, I have the Disney + and Netflix etc so that’ll do, was under the impression that it was easy to unsubscribe, era I’ll put a reminder in the calendar

Easy to unsubscribe via your AppStore iPhone app but difficult to remember unless you set a reminder like I had to as well! :)

Easy to unsubscribe via your AppStore iPhone app but difficult to remember unless you set a reminder like I had to as well! :)

Yeah I checked it out didn’t want to get into that recurring crap that Microsoft tries ref their stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Still not a massive selection. I've managed to watch the entire catalogue by subscribing to three separate months over a 10 month period. I think the quality of the small catalogue is very good. I enjoyed almost everything. Its all in 4k HDR too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Such a poor catalog. Really not worth paying for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Bought a new iPad yesterday and got this, also 3 months of Arcade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Signed up when I bought a new MacBook Pro last September. Haven’t watched it in a very long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Ted lasso - season 2 is coming soon,
    ‘The Banker’ with Samuel Jackson is good movie too.

ted1 wrote: »

Agreed but surely twill get bigger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I've picked up a sub thanks to a new iPhone.

It's a very limited catalog, but the quality on offer is pretty good.
    Mythic Quest & Ted Lasso are both strong, easy to watch comedies.

I've just completed the first season of For All Mankind and found it fantastic.

Haven't watched The Morning Show or Mosquito Coast yet, but I'm sure I'll give the latter a try as I'd be a fan of Justin Theroux, and the trailer looked good.

I haven't checked out any of the movies (such as Cherry) yet either.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and AppleTV+

While the catalogue of shows on AppleTV+ is much smaller, I find the quality of the shows on it to be much higher then the other services. I think over the past 6 months, we have actually watched it more then Prime Video and about the same as Netflix and Disney+, despite their much bigger catalogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bk wrote:
    While the catalogue of shows on AppleTV+ is much smaller, I find the quality of the shows on it to be much higher then the other services. I think over the past 6 months, we have actually watched it more then Prime Video and about the same as Netflix and Disney+, despite their much bigger catalogue.

I agree & just to add to your point, all of the content is original & made for Apple TV. They had expected a much bigger content by now but Covid-19 hit production on a lot of its new content.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I agree & just to add to your point, all of the content is original & made for Apple TV. They had expected a much bigger content by now but Covid-19 hit production on a lot of its new content.

Are all channels and movies included free on Apple TV+ With this offer,went to look at one and there’s a charge on it?
    Was under the impression that once subscribed to the 12 months free that was it ; thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Are all channels and movies included free on Apple TV+ With this offer,went to look at one and there’s a charge on it?
    Was under the impression that once subscribed to the 12 months free that was it ; thank you.

It's only the Apple TV+ originals films and TV shows that are 'free'. Apple still do normal rentals/purchases for movies/tv box sets and these are not 'free'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I disagree with this completely. Got Apple + free with the Mac and didn’t watch it for 3+ months thinking the same.

But now. Will renew without a second thought. For all mankind, Servant, defending Jacob, Ted Lasso, Mythic quest, The morning show, Calls and even See I enjoyed. Some like home before dark, truth be told, amazing stories ect were meh but I was surprised by the quality overall

The majority of the films like wolfwalkers, beastie boys story, Palmer, Cherry were all well above par too.

Netflix has become a graveyard over the last year or two for me personally outside of Rick and Morty, Final Space, Castlevania, Cobra Kai and Better Call Saul. Understandable with the pandemic I suppose but even so 99% of the content on it I’ve either seen or just don’t buy into. Like if you want older series like Friends, Trailer Park boys, or true crime/serial killer docs then you’re set, but film wise there’s been little to get excited about. Series wise, yeah Brooklyn 99 etc are there but I think the major selling point for Apple TV is the fact it’s new exclusive content and series :)

Will keep both but Apple TV+ has been a massive surprise for me. Won’t be renewing Disney Plus because I can’t justify keeping three streaming services and it loses out to Apple TV for me personally.

Also. For All Mankind. Like seriously. I love this show. Can’t wait for season 3. It’s a slow burner and not for everyone, but damn I’ve loved every bit of it. Also thought I’d absolutely hate no having content dumped as full seasons but I actually think it added to the experience as mental as that sounds. A bit like the excitement waiting for new episodes of Better Call Saul to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Only Apple TV+ originals and films. The iTunes Store for films is still separate but every now and then a 99c rental or purchase pops up that’s worth getting. Like Predator. It’s easily the best version I’ve seen. 4K HDR and avoids all the pitfalls the complete pile of dogsh*t Blu-ray versions fell into. Absolutely Glorious.

The other channels are not included but easy enough to use the 7 day trails to watch something you want that’s on em then cancel. Tom Delonges Alien thingy on National Geographic and Mr.Mercedes on Starz come to mind.

ted1 wrote: »

It’s worth being free which is what this is about. I won’t renew unless they release foundation by July, when my time is up.

Edit.

But I did enjoy a few shows. Ted Lasso was good and is renewing July.

It's only the Apple TV+ originals films and TV shows that are 'free'. Apple still do normal rentals/purchases for movies/tv box sets and these are not 'free'.

Thank you

• Advertisement

Danonino. wrote: »
    Only Apple TV+ originals and films. The iTunes Store for films is still separate but every now and then a 99c rental or purchase pops up that’s worth getting. Like Predator. It’s easily the best version I’ve seen. 4K HDR and avoids all the pitfalls the complete pile of dogsh*t Blu-ray versions fell into. Absolutely Glorious.

The other channels are not included but easy enough to use the 7 day trails to watch something you want that’s on em then cancel. Tom Delonges Alien thingy on National Geographic and Mr.Mercedes on Starz come to mind.

Thanks

Thank you

Advertisement