Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-11-2019, 16:12   #1
micase

Campagnolo left hand shifter help.

Putting a Chorus group(pre 2015) on a new build and can't get the FD to shift.
Bought a complete new inner for the shifter but when I insert the cable it just goes all the way to the top of the shifter so when I try to shift nothing happens .
Any help/advice appreciated.
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 17:29   #2
Plastik

Finding it hard to picture what you're describing. Take off the shifter and dis/reassemble the ratchet mechanism from behind, it's fairly handy. I can only assume you've checked that the shifter is in the small ring position when you're feeding the cable in?
16-11-2019, 17:48   #3
smacl

Again probably obvious, but you know that campy gear cable ends are different to shimano and that you've got the right ones? The campy ends are narrower so using a shimano cable would lead to it getting stuck and not working.
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 18:56   #4
micase

Thanks for the replies. I'm waiting on a new set of cables so hoping that sorts out the problem. I took the assembly apart and put it back together so Monday should tell a tale.
16-11-2019, 19:46   #5
micase

The position of the expansion spring was throwing me but I think I have it sorted.
Just one other question, if this doesn't work would a set of Athena shifters work with the Chorus mechs.
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 20:08   #6
Plastik

Yes - I'm running pre'15 Chorus shifters with Athena mechs on one bike. I'm not sure of the generation Athena they are, whether pre/post '15. I've Athena with the revised EPS style shifter on another bike and that works perfectly with a pre'15 Chorus RD.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion