Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 (ish) m auto chronographs on a budget?

Options
  • 28-09-2019 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭

I'm sure the used market is my friend here but, used or new, what are the best candidates for the above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

fat bloke wrote: »
    I'm sure the used market is my friend here but, used or new, what are the best candidates for the above?

To be honest, I don't think you are going to get much in the way of an automatic Chrono for that.

You might get a non-brand ETA7750 for about 400 second hand, but you'd struggle to get one for 200.

There are Chinese clones you might get for that much, but I don't know about quality.

You might get a second hand Poljot 3133, but it is a manual wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Ha ha sorry. I meant 200m water resistance!

I was wondering why no one had any suggestions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Ha ha sorry. I meant 200m water resistance!

I was wondering why no one had any suggestions!!

Right! That makes more sense.

So....

Any way to rescue this thread or has my mis-title cock-up killed it completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

So....

Any way to rescue this thread or has my mis-title cock-up killed it completely?

You never said what your budget was.

• Advertisement

Right. What I meant by "on a budget" was the less expensive end of the market. So its easy to pick up a 200m auto diver for 200 quid and under, but once you introduce a chronograph complication the prices shoot up.

Would 5 to 600 quid buy one? Even second hand? - I am partial to a dive-style bezel too.

The Longines Hydroconquest is available as an auto chronograph diver and has all the features I like, including a blue dial and a nice splash of red. Pretty sure they have one or two in hour passion but I can't remember the price. There's a couple of them on chrono24 for under 1000 euro. l36444966-1.jpg

Certina ds podium is close but 100m only and no dive bezel.

Less than 600 quid though (used)

certina-ds-podium-chronograph-black-dial-stainless-steel-men_s-watch-c001.427.11.057.00_4.jpg

Certina DS action diver chronograph. Nice

C032.427.11.041.00_009.jpg

Tag aquaracer I suppose is another option but thin on the ground under 1000€

• Advertisement

Hamilton are nearly there, but again you're talking over a grand

8165553_s210.jpg?v=1543993895924

Victorinox kinda have something but none jump out at me or there's a water resistance compromise.

I'm amazed Seiko don't have a hat in the ring. They have the prospex solar dive chronos which I'm a big fan of. I had one and loved it but gifted it to mate for a special commemoration. I loved that watch, but solar isn't really automatic is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Tag aquaracer I suppose is another option but thin on the ground under 1000€

Just bought a Link Chronograph for €700 off Adverts thats currently being shipped to me. Should have it tomorrow.

There are bargins out there if you don't mind waiting :cool:

The Longines Hydroconquest is available as an auto chronograph diver and has all the features I like, including a blue dial and a nice splash of red. Pretty sure they have one or two in hour passion but I can't remember the price. ....

Approx 1350 in hour passion....15% in the private sales iirc so I'm sure they'd knock a bit off most times.

Advertisement