Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Offers =

Options
  • 21-08-2001 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey, just got the offers back i got my number 1 choice, a diploma in computing up in Letterkenny...woo hoo!...just wondering how everyone else did? plus anyone going up there? and any tips on accomodation?

Farls

[This message has been edited by Farls (edited 21-08-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Im off to Carlisle in the fair County or Cumbria, England. Im ****ed for accomidation. I didn't get a place on campus frown.gif (After been promised a place)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

First choice, w00t biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif. Just accepted my offer on-line.
    UCC for me, I get to live at home, free food, free accomodation, free washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Just got looked at it this morning...

Shock, got offered places lol, not bad either in Tallagh IT for cert in Marketing, and Degree in Dublin Business School. Even with my E in hon's maths, i thought i'd have to do a plc, still have the interviews. I'm a happy camper smile.gif lol wooooo whhooooooo

oh and like 3 or 4 of my friends going to Tallagh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh , got my first choice course in Dundalk IT , just across the border in louth (i live in Meath , if your confused)(Ps:Kerry goin down) sweet i know about 30 people goin there and i cant wait to get stuck into ..... the studying of course.

«Donal|R

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

yay for you folk going to T.I.T...no its not IT Tallaght,you will be a tit forever!! ahh it rocks though.

- a proud tit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

got 1st choice computer science in Trinity, don't think I will accept though. Head up to Queens in Belfast instead smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i haven't confirmed it yet but i'd say i got comp science in ucc. i cleared the points with plenty spare, but knowing my luck something went wrong and i'm not allowed in smile.gif
    anyone else going to ucc?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Got my first choice of BA Comp Sci in UCD. Whoop smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hannah

hey jevlon, me too! biggrin.gif , i got two offers of courses in the republic but i am definately leaning towards queens, (i have way to many options and unfortunately decisions have never been my forté confused.gif ). i don't spose you have accommodation sorted do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illkillya:
    i haven't confirmed it yet but i'd say i got comp science in ucc.anyone else going to ucc?</font>

Hey well done. 1st Year Comp Sci's a breeze.
    You can "teleconference" from one of the college bars for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nice one... i have a load of friends doing it as well so we can all teleconference it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Well done to ye! I got me Accounting&Finance in D.C.U. and im well chuffed biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yours sincerely,
    Mr.Applepie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Got my first choice too - BSc in computer networking at IT Carlow. I'll be living at home (kilkenny) and commuting by bus daily. Anyone else going to carlow?

- Munch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Gargoyle

Jelvon, isn't QUB generally considered to be better than Trinity anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

umm , i don't know about qub beening better than trinity , can you compare universities like that? hannah i was thinking about staying in derryvolgie halls, the halls of residence look cool enough and a chance to meet other ppl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Gargoyle

Here in the US, graduate school programs are ranked by a few organizations.

Is there such a thing as graduate school University or program rankings in Europe or Ireland? If so, where could I find these. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Got computer applications in dcu. don't know anyone going there thou frown.gif

when are we supposed to get the stuff from the colleges themselves?

The present is indefinite, the future has no reality other than as a present hope, the past has no reality other than as a present memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

If you've accepted your place in DCU mate you should of gotten your handbook and list of places to kip, if you haven't i strongly advise you to ring the college and see what the hell is going on like

Farls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Got my first choice, Computer systems in UL also got a spot on campus. I'm not too far from home either so I'll be able to get the washing done and some food in the odd time smile.gif. I was worried about the results but in the end i had 125 points to spare goes to show you never can tell smile.gif

My mate used to do Computer Systems in UL, he reckoned it a pretty hard course but loved it....esp. loved the nite life down there like the man said himself "theres always something to do and he's always doing something, if u know whit a mean"...hehe

Farls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

got my 1st choice - dcu computer applications

don't know anyone who goes there thou frown.gif

and when are we supposed to receive the registration letter from the college itself (ie not the cao)?

The present is indefinite, the future has no reality other than as a present hope, the past has no reality other than as a present memory.

The college itself should send out the student handbook and list of accomodation as soon as you accept the CAO offer even before you accept the offer sometimes information is sent out, a friend of mine is going into second year computers in DCU very hard course he says.

Farls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Got computer system in ul also got my spot on campus, looking forward to an "interesting" year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stephen:
    Got my first choice too - BSc in computer networking at IT Carlow. I'll be living at home (kilkenny) and commuting by bus daily. Anyone else going to carlow?

</font>

My friend vl.neg was saying he met a bloke who said he was commando joe there, but then i was talking to commando joe and he said it wasnt him, that it was some impersonator friend of his confused.gif

otherwise be prepared for FARMERS LOTS OF FARMERS smile.gif *joke* rolleyes.gif *HONEST*

Advertisement