Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deirdre Marie Crowley (Deceased) - Innocent Ireland is dead and gone (19k image)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I heard this story first thing on the radio this morning as I was getting up. I thought that it was one of the saddest cases I'd heard of in quite a while. Seeing the picture above of the smiling little girl just bring it home even more.

My sympathies to their families.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Sad story, I remember when she first went missing, came into the canteen in work and posters were up back in '99. Alot of people I worked with went to CIT and knew the guy and it was the talk of the town for a few weeks and not a peep until now.

My Condolonces to her family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I really dont know what to say. frown.gif

These seem to be more and more cases where you hear of a parent taking the life of their child or children.
    Last year only there was a case where a woman strapped her 2 kids into the back seat of the car and drove them off a pier.

I just cant understand what would make a parent do these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Oh thats bad......
    I havent actually heard the news today,
    My sympathy to her family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cookie Monster

I heard the interview with her Mum on RTE a couple of weeks ago. I hoped it wasn't her daughter when I heard the news last night and was devastated when it was this morning.
    My sympathy and that of my family are with her's particularly her Mum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

It's weird you know; the past few months it may be my imagination or their has been an increase in deaths and things like this. How about that policeman in the UK? Killed his two kids and himself.

They say that gun laws in the US are bad and promote violence but it seems like that it can happen anywhere. All we need now is a few more disappearances like Trevor Deely and it's going to get even stranger.

Another one: the body folded up in a suitcase on the canal.

I've got to admit I am disppaointed with the Gardai in cases like these. A 2 year search? That is one hell of a long time in such a small country. And they missed that body near Grafton street of Paul McQuaid who went missing (last May) and didn't find it even though it was 30 yrds from where he was last seen for 3 weeks or so. It seems we have great work on clamping, speeding on motorways and drink driving, but very poor work in cases that are *real* criminal type things.

It's strange looking at a kid smiling and knowing they are dead.......you know they will never reach your age, or see any of the things you've seen.....

[This message has been edited by R. Daneel Olivaw (edited 01-09-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

That ******* deserves to burn i hell a few weeks ago the same happened to a family who used to live in the town where i live the foxs the guy killed the wife and two children and the weird thing is that i see the house they lived in nearly every day my condolances to the family of deirdre. frown.gif

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cookie Monster:
    I heard the interview with her Mum on RTE a couple of weeks ago. </font>

Heard the same interview. Absolutley tragic. Its a bit strange the way a couple of weeks ago there is a piece on the radio about this (deirdre was abducted 2 years ago) and then the gardai find her body.

This is probably going to start a war but our police force the "gardai" are a fvcking joke if you ask me. It really annoys me when I see things like this because it makes you wonder if they were any good at their jobs at all would she have been found in time.

My sympathies to the poor girls mother. God knows she has had what must be an unbearible ordeal to go through, that is now over, ending with even more sadness. frown.gif

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK, I haven't actually met the mother in years, but I'll hold off asking my brother passing on the URL. Can people moderate their language given the seriousness of the matter?

Shadow, this isn't the forum to rail against the gardai, not yet.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

Advertisement