If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-fi package enquiry

Options
  • 12-10-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all - earlier this year I enquired about the combo below and got prices as listed;
    I appreciate completely the pricing fluctuations since and I assume I'd be looking at the Onkyo A9110 now instead of the A9010.
    I'd like to lob either a Marantz CD5005 or a Yamaha CDS300 into the mix as possible CD players - but if you rule any out as inferior that's fine too.

I'm in Belfast overnight Thursday and would love to drop in Friday morning.
    Would there be any chance of hearing any of the below in action?

Thanks in advance.

The A9010 is the amp to go for in the price bracket.
    Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Onkyo C7030 - CD Player
    3020 - Speakers
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £455 or 535 Euro

As above but with LX2 - Total £480 or 565 Euro
    As above but with 220 - Total £444 or 523 Euro

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Cambridge CD5 - CD Player
    Mission LX2
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £415 or 489 Euro

As above but with 220's - Total £379 or 446 Euro
    As above but with 3020 - Total £390 or 459 Euro

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Lamneth1 wrote: »
    Hi all - earlier this year I enquired about the combo below and got prices as listed;
    I appreciate completely the pricing fluctuations since and I assume I'd be looking at the Onkyo A9110 now instead of the A9010.
    I'd like to lob either a Marantz CD5005 or a Yamaha CDS300 into the mix as possible CD players - but if you rule any out as inferior that's fine too.

Thanks in advance.

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Onkyo C7030 - CD Player
    3020 - Speakers
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £455 or 535 Euro

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Mission LX2
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £415 or 489 Euro

Hi Lamneth1.

Thanks for coming back to us.

There should be no issue in booking you in for a demo on Friday morning.
    We open at 11am but could fit you in from 10:30am onwards. If you let me know which time would suit I can have a system set up for you arriving.

Now for some pricing.
    A9110 - £179
    C7030 - £175
    3020 - £115
    4m of cable. - £3.20
    Total - £472.20 or 556 Euro

As above but with LX2 - £492.20 or 580 Euro- LX2 are currently out of stock here at the Belfast store. (We do have a display pair thought).
    As above but with 220's - £456.20 or 537 Euro

A9110
    CD5
    LX2 -  LX2 are currently out of stock here at the Belfast store. (We do have a display pair thought).
    4m of cable
    Total - £452.20 or 532 Euro

As above but with 3020 - £432.20 or 510 Euro
    As above but with 220's - £416.20 or 490 Euro

The CD5005 is currently out of stock here at the store.
    The Yamaha CDS300 again is not in stock. 
    (There are display models of both of these at the Belfast store which can be used for demo if required, it might also be possible to offer deals on these if a display unit might be of interest?)

There has been a few price changes between now and the original quote unfortunately.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lamneth1

Thanks in advance.

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Onkyo C7030 - CD Player
    3020 - Speakers
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £455 or 535 Euro

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Mission LX2
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £415 or 489 Euro

Hi Lamneth1.

We open at 11am but could fit you in from 10:30am onwards. If you let me know which time would suit I can have a system set up for you arriving.

Now for some pricing.
    A9110 - £179
    C7030 - £175
    3020 - £115
    4m of cable. - £3.20

As above but with LX2 - £492.20 or 580 Euro- LX2 are currently out of stock here at the Belfast store. (We do have a display pair thought).

A9110
    CD5
    LX2 -  LX2 are currently out of stock here at the Belfast store. (We do have a display pair thought).
    4m of cable

(There are display models of both of these at the Belfast store which can be used for demo if required, it might also be possible to offer deals on these if a display unit might be of interest?)

There has been a few price changes between now and the original quote unfortunately.

Thanks for the quick reply, Kenny. 
    Friday 10.30am would be perfect. 
    If we do a deal on any demo models are they still under any kind of guarantee?
    Also - the A9010 had an iPod jack at the front - does the A9110 have any iPod connection?

Thanks in advance.

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Onkyo C7030 - CD Player
    3020 - Speakers
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £455 or 535 Euro

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Mission LX2
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £415 or 489 Euro

Hi Lamneth1.

Now for some pricing.
    A9110 - £179
    C7030 - £175
    3020 - £115
    4m of cable. - £3.20

A9110
    CD5
    4m of cable

Also - the A9010 had an iPod jack at the front - does the A9110 have any iPod connection?
    Hey Lamneth1.

I'll pencil you in for 10:30am on Friday morning.

Display products come with the normal guarantees.

There is no iPod jack on the A9110 unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Onkyo C7030 - CD Player
    3020 - Speakers
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £455 or 535 Euro

Onkyo A9010 - Amp
    Mission LX2
    Speaker cable x4m
    Total - £415 or 489 Euro

Hi Lamneth1.

Now for some pricing.
    A9110 - £179
    C7030 - £175
    3020 - £115
    4m of cable. - £3.20

A9110
    CD5
    4m of cable

Hey Lamneth1.

I'll pencil you in for 10:30am on Friday morning.

Display products come with the normal guarantees.

There is no iPod jack on the A9110 unfortunately.
    I don't suppose you've an A9010 lurking in the warehouse anywhere?
    What about the TX8130 - have you one in stock?

Hi Lamneth.

Unfortunately the A9010 are totally gone.

The Onkyo is a very good product but at the moment we don't have any stock. I could try and get one in for Friday.

We have such a high turnover of stock, what might be here today could not be here the next.

• Advertisement

Hi Lamneth.

The Onkyo is a very good product but at the moment we don't have any stock. I could try and get one in for Friday.

We have such a high turnover of stock, what might be here today could not be here the next.
    Kenny - I appreciate how quickly the stock must come in and out the door - but if you if you could get that Onkyo in, that would be great. 
    Any suggestions on any way to listen to an iPod or phone through the A9110 without a USB or a socket?

Hi Lamneth.

Kenny - I appreciate how quickly the stock must come in and out the door - but if you if you could get that Onkyo in, that would be great. 
    Any suggestions on any way to listen to an iPod or phone through the A9110 without a USB or a socket?
    Hi Lamneth1.

I'll get one of the Onkyo's ordered in for Friday.

You can connect into the normal phono connections on any amp using a 3.5mm jack to phono cable.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10537-cambridge-audio-aud100-3-5-1m-mp3-interconnect.aspx

This would connect to the headphone jack and then into the phono connections on the amp.

Alternatively you could purchase a Bluetooth receiver and add it to the system which would then allow for Bluetooth connectivity.
    Something like the Arcam MiniBlink
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200562-arcam-miniblink-bluetooth-receiver.aspx

Hi Lamneth.

Hi Lamneth1.

You can connect into the normal phono connections on any amp using a 3.5mm jack to phono cable.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10537-cambridge-audio-aud100-3-5-1m-mp3-interconnect.aspx

This would connect to the headphone jack and then into the phono connections on the amp.

Alternatively you could purchase a Bluetooth receiver and add it to the system which would then allow for Bluetooth connectivity.
    I think I might have a cable like that in the house myself.
    Just to check - you do have an A9110 in stock anyway?

Sound-wise - does the extra €100.00 show between the two amps or is it down to personal taste?

Hi Lamneth.

Hi Lamneth1.

I think I might have a cable like that in the house myself.
    Just to check - you do have an A9110 in stock anyway?

Sound-wise - does the extra €100.00 show between the two amps or is it down to personal taste?
    Hey Lamneth1.

A bit of bad news I'm afraid.
    Our warehouse have informed me the the A9110 has now been discontinued with ourselves and their stock is all gone.
    The one we had here at the store was sold over the weekend also.

The 8130 is the better of the two amps. 
    It has its own built in DAC and is more power at 90Watts per channel to the 50 of the 9110

Hey Lamneth1.

Our warehouse have informed me the the A9110 has now been discontinued with ourselves and their stock is all gone.

It has its own built in DAC and is more power at 90Watts per channel to the 50 of the 9110
    Kenny - that's OK - I'll come in Friday anyway and have a listen. 
    As I've said before, my current setup is a Panasonic SA PMX2DB with two Sony speakers from a 1993 Hi Fi set so I can't wait to upgrade.
    I know I listed a whole load of CD players but, again, I'm just looking for something that improves on my current situation (which, in fairness has served me VERY well!)
    Is the 8130 essentially the 8150 but with no wireless capability?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Lamneth1.

Kenny - that's OK - I'll come in Friday anyway and have a listen. 
    As I've said before, my current setup is a Panasonic SA PMX2DB with two Sony speakers from a 1993 Hi Fi set so I can't wait to upgrade.
    I know I listed a whole load of CD players but, again, I'm just looking for something that improves on my current situation (which, in fairness has served me VERY well!)
    Is the 8130 essentially the 8150 but with no wireless capability?
    Hi Lamneth1,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.

The main difference is the TX8150 has 135w per channel and Wifi/Bluetooth built in. The TX8130 is 90w per channel, is connected via Ethernet and does not have Bluetooth.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi Lamneth1,

The main difference is the TX8150 has 135w per channel and Wifi/Bluetooth built in. The TX8130 is 90w per channel, is connected via Ethernet and does not have Bluetooth.

Kind regards

David
    That's fine David - that's already probably more juice than I need!

Hi Lamneth1,

Kind regards

David
    No problem, keep us posted about Friday though!

Hi Lamneth1,

Kind regards

David
    I'll be there 10.30am

I'll be there Friday 10.30am - just looking on the site again - is the Cambridge Audio SR10 somewhat similar to the TX8013 and do you have one of those to hand also and if so how does it compare?

I'll be there Friday 10.30am - just looking on the site again - is the Cambridge Audio SR10 somewhat similar to the TX8013 and do you have one of those to hand also and if so how does it compare?
    Hi Lamneth1.

The SR10 is in and around the same as the Onkyo.

We do have one of these currently in stock.

In terms of the demo. I just hope we can fit all these items into the time allotted for each demo. Normally we have a 1 hour slot for each customer and Friday is one of our busiest days.

At the moment its looking like 3 different system each with 3 different sets of speakers and several different CD players.
    We will of course do our best to fit as much as possible into the demo for you.

In terms of the demo. I just hope we can fit all these items into the time allotted for each demo. Normally we have a 1 hour slot for each customer and Friday is one of our busiest days.

At the moment its looking like 3 different system each with 3 different sets of speakers and several different CD players.

Let's go with the TX8013 with 3020 speakers and for CD either the 7030 or the display model of the Marantz.
    If the 3020's are as good as they say I won't need the other speakers
    Thanks in advance for this Kenny

Let's go with the TX8013 with 3020 speakers and for CD either the 7030 or the display model of the Marantz.
    No problem at all Lamneth1.

We will start with that setup for you and can change a few bits around for you.

Kenny - I came in last Friday and met David who very kindly set up the Onkyo Receiver and CD Player with the 3020 speakers.
    I have it all set up at home now and am like a kid in a toy shop! Please pass on my thanks to him.

Just one thing - in what way will the sound change as the speakers run in over the next while?
    The clarity I can hear is amazing compared to my old 1990 Sonys but the it is a slightly colder tone.

Also - I will be on the market for some stands - what would you recommend on a small budget?

Kenny - I came in last Friday and met David who very kindly set up the Onkyo Receiver and CD Player with the 3020 speakers.
    I have it all set up at home now and am like a kid in a toy shop! Please pass on my thanks to him.

Just one thing - in what way will the sound change as the speakers run in over the next while?
    The clarity I can hear is amazing compared to my old 1990 Sonys but the it is a slightly colder tone.

Also - I will be on the market for some stands - what would you recommend on a small budget?
    Hi Lamneth1,

It was great to meet you both on Friday!

Glad to hear you're happy with the set up! Speakers usually take a few hours to "run in". When they're new the rubber diaphragms are quite tight and can give the sound a brighter or colder sound as when they are fully run in and moving unimpeded. If you keep them running you should find the sound becomes smoother.

If you're looking for a good set of budget stands I would recommend the Mission Stancettes at £69.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Lamneth1,

Glad to hear you're happy with the set up! Speakers usually take a few hours to "run in". When they're new the rubber diaphragms are quite tight and can give the sound a brighter or colder sound as when they are fully run in and moving unimpeded. If you keep them running you should find the sound becomes smoother.

If you're looking for a good set of budget stands I would recommend the Mission Stancettes at £69.

Kind regards

David
    David - thanks for letting me have the demo room again on Saturday and for graciously letting me change the 3020's for the LX-2's.

As we agreed on the day I know I'm sacrificing the clean clarity of the 3020's for the more full-bodied tone of the Missions but, fresh out of the box, it is suiting the hard walled and tiled floor of the room my system is in. 

What I probably ultimately need are the 3020i's, but that'll be for next year!

Thanks again.

Hi Lamneth1,

Kind regards

David
    David - thanks for letting me have the demo room again on Saturday and for graciously letting me change the 3020's for the LX-2's.

As we agreed on the day I know I'm sacrificing the clean clarity of the 3020's for the more full-bodied tone of the Missions but, fresh out of the box, it is suiting the hard walled and tiled floor of the room my system is in. 

What I probably ultimately need are the 3020i's, but that'll be for next year!

Thanks again.
    Hi Lamneth1,

No problem at all I'm glad we were able to get you sorted in the end! Glad the Missions are fitting in a bit better!

Give me a shout if you'd like to demo the 3020is in the future!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.