Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nire Valley Drop

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Well, the weather gods look like they're going to be kind to us this year. Frosty start but warming up during the morning. Very nice, can't wait to hit the trails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Been following the photos and videos they've been uploading on Facebook and it looks like it'll be good fun. Looking forward to it now.

What a great community. Loved the cycle yesterday. It had everything in it. What a day, loads of signage and plenty of volunteers to keep us on the right track. Super reception afterwards, hot food, great shower. Thanks so much for all the effort. ��what a day.. Simple short video of the Owl Drop, must replace my cheap action cam for next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_5tgKki9U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0NXTtCpdDPuTM6rfjn7_kt2leZ9Olrp5n_Lbq-3wV67tCZSZG0pRjrxRM

Owl Drop was good fun, right up there with Chicken George. Nire Drop was shortened and missed out on the big berm at the end which was a shame. Thoroughly enjoyable day though.

Some photos now available too - https://www.homeofthemind.com/p752830675

https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10002166863

No camera, but this was one of my logs of the day :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Peter T

Anyone here signed up for this year ? Thinking of putting my name in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Was looking at this the weekend...
    Anyone a 60k strava on it just to see what climbing is involved in it?

AH....Looks like the 60k is no longer and option....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭paul mountainbike

Excellent Day again, fresh frosty morning.
    Pure Slop fest at the end lead to quiet a few offs n point the bike n pray style riding through last forestry section.
    Excellent support n marshaling ,food stops n super food at end .
    Well done to all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Excellent Day again, fresh frosty morning.
    Pure Slop fest at the end lead to quiet a few offs n point the bike n pray style riding through last forestry section.
    Excellent support n marshaling ,food stops n super food at end .
    Well done to all .
    I was one the Marshall's today. Nice to hear good things about the event. I was at the bottom of Chicken George. So many people came down absolutely elated. Made my day . Well done to everyone.

• Advertisement

Was a great day on the bike. The conditions definitely made you work for the curry at the end. Spectacular views and a very well run event

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭El Vino

anyone happy to link to their Strava activity of the day, couldn't make it this year buy always interested in seeing trails in this area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

El Vino wrote: »
    anyone happy to link to their Strava activity of the day, couldn't make it this year buy always interested in seeing trails in this area

You can grab them off strava just search.

Here's one for 35km https://www.strava.com/segments/22165101

Just in case you aren't sure how to get the GPX, click on one of the dates on the leader board and it'll bring you through to that particular members activity and the GPX download will be top right corner of the map.

Just signed up for this year's event, really looking forward to it.😀😀

Just wondering what drinks people use to stay hydrated over rides of this distance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Thinking of signing up myself but iv never done a MTB event.

Is there water stations on the route like running events or do you just bring your own?

They had stations with water along with cakes and fruit the time I did it

• Advertisement

You should definitely sign up, it's a super event. Yes, last time I done there was a food / water stop at the halfway point. Saw on their Facebook page that there's chip timing this year, we'll all have to go faster. 😀😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It's very much an xc type of mtb event so not too much gravity and a fair bit of pedalling. They have aid stations and it's a lovely area for cycling though.

Advertisement