Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathbeggan Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

there are loads of pics on flickr, theres a link a few pages back on this thread

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

nice to meet you this evening i will be out to your site ASAP
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

No Worries WhyDave, a pleasure to meet your over heavily armed self!
    Your manners as a hostage taker are immaculate, most polite!
    AND THEN YOU HIDE BEHIND US!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We look forward to you visiting rathbeggan............:D:D:D:D

RATHBEGGAN AIRSOFT
    (dunnohowtodologo)

The Snow is Gone, The ground is dry.............
    We have added even more to the site here at Rathbeggan, with additional defensive cover deployed around Charlie Fort, and a series of new bunker hides on the Hill.
    Games for tomorrow include Skyline Patrol, Radar Station Takeover, Search and Destroy, and Attack on Fort Charlie. And of course a Capture the Flag game, with a twist.
    Check in from 9.00am, and ready to play by 10.00
    Game on! check the website on www.rathbegganairsoft.com
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Airsoftcrazy

look forward to seeing you there if i can get down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Viper Squad 1

A few vipers will be headin' over at the weekend for a bit of a Recon.;)
    Marko:D

Great Stuff Vipers, we'll be awaiting your arrival! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Team Apex will be there! :D
    ravey wrote: »
    The Snow is Gone, The ground is dry.............
    We have added even more to the site here at Rathbeggan, with additional defensive cover deployed around Charlie Fort, and a series of new bunker hides on the Hill.
    Games for tomorrow include Skyline Patrol, Radar Station Takeover, Search and Destroy, and Attack on Fort Charlie. And of course a Capture the Flag game, with a twist.
    Check in from 9.00am, and ready to play by 10.00
    Game on! check the website on www.rathbegganairsoft.com
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    The bus is a Bus Eireann bus sadly but it drops you off right outside the site on the N3.

I think it'll have to be next weekend before I have the money to get out and skirmish.
    But is it the first stop on the 109 from Dublin? And does anyone have any idea how much it costs for a return ticket? (Unless I can sleep in a bunker out there or something :p).

It E8.40 day return from Dunshaughlin. Its not the first so but its just outside Dunshaughlin....i.e. if you are in Dunshaughlin your too far!:p

Best bet is to just ask the driver to let you off at Rathbeggan and just say you don't exactly know where it is and for him to give you a shout when you are there :D
    Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I think it'll have to be next weekend before I have the money to get out and skirmish.
    But is it the first stop on the 109 from Dublin? And does anyone have any idea how much it costs for a return ticket? (Unless I can sleep in a bunker out there or something :p).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Is this on the same grounds as the fishing lakes?

Is this on the same grounds as the fishing lakes?

It is the fishing lakes! :D Of course there is no more fishing its all airsoft check out the website and it will show all the game areas ;)

I go to school in dunboyne - am out that way every day :D This place is so close :D Has anybody fell/jumped into the lakes yet? Or are they off limits . I used to fish there alot :D Guess im gona start going there some more :D

nobody has fallen or got into the lakes yet that i am aware of! i think they leave the main lake out of bounds and the island is definitally out of bounds because it is supposed to be really deep!:D

Have seen some pics - looks great for sniping :) Is it the same people running it?
    No chance of widining the road up there? :P

haha no i wouldnt say so! Yeah its still Dave running it alright its all the same except its all airsoft now! :D

Will probably see you guys on saturday - well - hopefully. :D Do you still have the telescope in the house?

you'll have to ask Dave i wouldnt have a clue I just spend too much time up there!:p

O - ok i understand :D
    Cheers for all the help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    It E8.40 day return from Dunshaughlin. Its not the first so but its just outside Dunshaughlin....i.e. if you are in Dunshaughlin your too far!:p

Best bet is to just ask the driver to let you off at Rathbeggan and just say you don't exactly know where it is and for him to give you a shout when you are there :D

Yeah I assumed it would be best just to tell the driver to give me a shout at Rathbeggan. And €8.40 ain't all that bad.

• Advertisement

I go to school in dunboyne - am out that way every day :D This place is so close :D Has anybody fell/jumped into the lakes yet? Or are they off limits . I used to fish there alot :D Guess im gona start going there some more :D

Good man Sean, thats another customer convert! Surprising number of anglers are into airsoft. Youll be welcome Sean. Dave:cool:

Cheers Dave:D
    Hopefully this will motivate me to get back into airsoft because i havent been that often lately due to being sick , injurys etc :(

Youll forget all about your injuries etc. when youre stuck in a bush wonderin where your wingman has got to, and theres three shadows lurkin ahead of you!
    Ah Ha. :D

Could be tommorow I see you but probably sunday.

Cool :D

What A Day! :D:D:D
    Thanks all you guys for supporting us and judging by the grins as you departed, it seems that fun was had by all. :)
    See you soon again.
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

could anyone heading tomorrow offer a lift from fairview???
    beat the recession by saving on petrol costs!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

will be tomorrow (well actually later) with a few mates looking foward to playing here it looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just saw the aerial photo....wow, looks great:)

Just one question, are there any restrictions on BDUs? I'm considering a wetsuit and sealed goggles.....

• Advertisement

Just saw the aerial photo....wow, looks great:)

Just one question, are there any restrictions on BDUs? I'm considering a wetsuit and sealed goggles.....

I'm not fully sure but to be honest for insurance purposes i woudnt chance it...and with a wet suit you will still get soaked and i wont make the lakes that much warmer....what you need is a dry suit! :D

But still i wouldnt really chance it some of the lakes get really deep really fast :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement