Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD: 11 speed groupset (any brand), rear wheel

• 30-11-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello, as per topic title, i'm looking to put together an 11 speed groupset. As of now i only have a FD-6800 but this doesn't mean i have to stick with Shimano. Not interested in consumables like cassettes, chainrings, chains, bbs, unless they are part of a bundle. I'm also looking for a rear wheel with 11 speed freehub. Will consider wheelsets if price is interesting. Available for collection in Dublin.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058135203

I have this for sale. It's basically brand new and has a gxp compatible BB.

It's 152 quid on CRC for just the chainset. BB would be another 30 odd. Bike24 have the chainset for 122 but that's before shipping which is a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Hi there,
    I have a complete Ultegra R8000 groupset for sale. Immaculate condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MisterSpaccato

Hi there,
    I have a complete Ultegra R8000 groupset for sale. Immaculate condition.

Sounds like it's going to be a little over budget, but i'll try anyway. How much are you charging for it? What's the crank length? What chainring and cassette? Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

€600
    Cranks are 170mm 50-34
    Cassette is 11-25

If you required different cranks/cassette lengths or ratios I could probably source...

€600
    Cranks are 170mm 50-34
    Cassette is 11-25

If you required different cranks/cassette lengths or ratios I could probably source...

Hi, thanks for the offer, sadly it's way out of budget :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Will be posting up Ultegra 6800 groupset for sale in next few days, doesn’t include chain or cassette but does include brand new chainrings (plenty life left on current ones too)

Alanbt wrote: »
    Will be posting up Ultegra 6800 groupset for sale in next few days, doesn’t include chain or cassette but does include brand new chainrings (plenty life left on current ones too)

Hi thanks for the heads up! What's the crank length and chainring teeth count?

Hi thanks for the heads up! What's the crank length and chainring teeth count?

175 length. Has 53-39 currently, plenty of life left in them, plus brand new pair 52-36 (still in box)

175 length. Has 53-39 currently, plenty of life left in them, plus brand new pair 52-36 (still in box)

Not fit or light enough for the 53-39 chainrings, luckily you have the smaller set too. :D

Let me know when it goes on sale please, i'll give it a look.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hello, as per topic title, i'm looking to put together an 11 speed groupset. As of now i only have a FD-6800 but this doesn't mean i have to stick with Shimano. Not interested in consumables like cassettes, chainrings, chains, bbs, unless they are part of a bundle. I'm also looking for a rear wheel with 11 speed freehub. Will consider wheelsets if price is interesting. Available for collection in Dublin.
    Thanks.

I have 105 11 speed shifters, scuffed but work perfectly, an Ultegra RD, and probably anything else you need from an old bike I am stripping down. What else do you need and I can figure out a price for what I have.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    I have 105 11 speed shifters, scuffed but work perfectly, an Ultegra RD, and probably anything else you need from an old bike I am stripping down. What else do you need and I can figure out a price for what I have.

Hi, basically i need everything except FD and brakes, so: crankset, RD, shifters, chain, cassette and a rear wheel with 11sp hub.

Not fit or light enough for the 53-39 chainrings, luckily you have the smaller set too. :D

Let me know when it goes on sale please, i'll give it a look.

Thanks again.

Stripped the groupset off the bike tonight. Will give it a quick clean and put up photos and price tomorrow

Photos of groupset.
    Ultegra 6800, 175m crank. Currently has 53-39 chainrings but also have choice of brand new (still in box) option of 52-36 or 50-34 chainrings.
    Plus brand new jockey wheels to throw in.

Only marks are where carelessly banged crank arms on steps up to house. Plus I did a half assed job cleaning the chainrings. Otherwise in very good condition.

Looking for €375, considering the new chainrings and jockey wheels. Collected in Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire

OP has first option

More photos

More photos

Last ones

crankset,
    I have 105, either 172.5 or 165 mm, with 50/34 chainrimgs.
    RD,
    Ultegra 6800
    shifters
    105, scuffed heavily but functional.
    chain
    SRAM1170, light use
    cassette
    yep but unsure what type, either Shimano or SRAm as that's all I buy.
    and a rear wheel with 11sp hub.
    nope
    100 for the lot, plus postage.

I have 105, either 172.5 or 165 mm, with 50/34 chainrimgs.
    Ultegra 6800
    105, scuffed heavily but functional.
    SRAM1170, light use
    yep but unsure what type, either Shimano or SRAm as that's all I buy.
    nope
    100 for the lot, plus postage.

This is a very interesting price, but i'd rather buy used parts in person. I reckon you offered postage because you live far from Dublin, do you?

Photos of groupset.
    Ultegra 6800, 175m crank. Currently has 53-39 chainrings but also have choice of brand new (still in box) option of 52-36 or 50-34 chainrings.
    Plus brand new jockey wheels to throw in.

Only marks are where carelessly banged crank arms on steps up to house. Plus I did a half assed job cleaning the chainrings. Otherwise in very good condition.

Looking for €375, considering the new chainrings and jockey wheels. Collected in Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire

OP has first option

Hi, thanks for the offer. To recap, the kit includes: 175mm crankset with 53-39 chainrings, new 50-34 chainrings, FD, RD, spare jockey wheels, brakes, shifters. No cassette, chain or bb. Is this correct?

Hi, thanks for the offer. To recap, the kit includes: 175mm crankset with 53-39 chainrings, new 50-34 chainrings, FD, RD, spare jockey wheels, brakes, shifters. No cassette, chain or bb. Is this correct?

Correct

• Advertisement

This is a very interesting price, but i'd rather buy used parts in person. I reckon you offered postage because you live far from Dublin, do you?
    Live in Wicklow and work in Dublin, postage was because alot of people don't want to meet up in person, if you can come to me and don't mind meeting outside, that is fine with me.

Live in Wicklow and work in Dublin, postage was because alot of people don't want to meet up in person, if you can come to me and don't mind meeting outside, that is fine with me.

That's cool. I'll send you a PM to discuss details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'd be interested in the shifters if the OP doesn't take them.

Thanks to CramCycle for providing the groupset! :)

Now only the rear wheel or wheelset is left to finish the build! :)

Still looking for wheels, should i open a new thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Still looking for wheels, should i open a new thread?

What exactly are you looking for? Just back wheel or set? Rim or Disc brake? Cheap and cheerful or more upmarket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If you are near S tipp I've got a rim brake Mavic Aksium Elite rear wheel about 4 years old but not used in 3. Should be a decent bit left in it.

€75

What exactly are you looking for? Just back wheel or set? Rim or Disc brake? Cheap and cheerful or more upmarket?

Apologies, more details about it: i was initially looking for a rear wheel only, but then i realized i could build another bike with the leftover, therefore my search is now for a complete set. Rim brake, and hub must be compatible with 11 speed cassettes. As for the price, i'm looking to keep it as low as possible. Examples of wheels that might fit the bill are Mavic Aksium, Giant PR2, Bontrager TLR, and all other wheels that one can usually find as stock on entry level road bikes. Tires and tubes are a nice plus if they have some life left.

dahat wrote: »
    If you are near S tipp I've got a rim brake Mavic Aksium Elite rear wheel about 4 years old but not used in 3. Should be a decent bit left in it.

€75

Thanks for the offer, but i'm looking for deals in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Wheels sorted. Wiggle/CRC is selling pairs of Shimano RS100 for 113 EUR and free shipping, couldn't pass that up.

Advertisement