Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD: 10 speed hydraulic levers

• 25-11-2020 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭

Looking to see if anyone has a set of Tiagra or 105 hydraulic sti levers. Looking to upgrafe my wifes cx/gravel bike from mechanical discs to hydraulic but keeping everything 10 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Have you thought about installing TRP HYRD semi Hydraulics?

A much simpler job and they work really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭deco36

crosswords wrote: »

I thought about those alright but they work our fairly pricey for what they are. Think i would prefer to go full hydraulic.

Thanks for the advice though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think the challenge is that there are very few 10-speed hydraulic levers out there and those that do exist are fairly recent so not sure on upgrades. There is a Shimano Tiagra one but I can't think of any others, maybe SRAM do one, but unless you find someone who upgraded 10-speed hydraulic to 11-speed hydraulic they will be hard to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

crosswords wrote: »

OP
    Don’t underestimate these
    They are excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭deco36

OP
    Don’t underestimate these
    They are excellent

Have you used them. I have read mixed reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

deco36 wrote: »
    Have you used them. I have read mixed reviews.

Mixed reviews on most things bike related is all about how you set them up and what you expect from them.

These are a solution to use with cables - cheaper , easier and marginally less efficient in most disciplines than full hydraulic.

Unless you intend racing at a high level these are more than adequate .

I had standard trp disc callipers and these..
    In comparable.
    These are so close to full hydraulic most would not know the difference - UNLESS at a high level .

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 Weepsie

I have trp hy/rds and juin tech r1s on (both cable actuaded hydraulic brakes) 2 bikes. Unless you're in a very hilly, lunmoynor wet part of the world I think they're more than good enough with the right maintenance.

There are only really tiagra r4720s which will only work with tiagra mechs and the forerunner of theses r405s and maybe some older Sean rival, apex options.

The price of 4720 is not much Less than 105 stuff so its pointless and you'll pick up her/RDS for 100-120 if not in a rush

Advertisement