Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheelsmith 50mm Tubular Wheelset

• 26-11-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Bought in 2012, although I can't find original emails! These were 800 euro at the time (without tubs), the tyres were about 50 euro each.

Front is the original tub (still going!) and the rear is nearly new.

From what I remember: Gigantex 50mm tubs, Novatec superlight hubs (I think!), sapim cx ray spokes (1 non original front spoke now)

I'll get some photos up later. Selling as we have too many wheels and I can just borrow my partner's Prime Wheels whenever needed.

These are really, really solid wheels, I don't think I ever had to true them.

Asking: 300 euro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Very interested. What's the freehub body? Campy or Shimano?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think I actually have both! Originally Campy, then swapped to Shimano. I'll dig it out later when taking photos.

Photos (not pictured, will include the red titanium skewers that I have used. Also, cassette is NOT included):

534293.jpg

534294.jpg

534295.jpg

534296.jpg

534297.jpg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Photos (not pictured, will include the red titanium skewers that I have used. Also, cassette is NOT included):

534293.jpg

534294.jpg

534295.jpg

534296.jpg

534297.jpg

They look great... which is a shame because I really don't need them (like NEED them, y'know?!)

€250?!

They look great... which is a shame because I really don't need them (like NEED them, y'know?!)

€250?!

Understood. I think that's just a little too much on the low side. Let me think about it overnight!

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Understood. I think that's just a little too much on the low side. Let me think about it overnight!

No rush my end. These are the very definition of an indulgence, so no pressure at all!

Hey Dave, I think I'm going to hold on for the asking.

Bit like yourself, I'm not in a rush to sell and maybe when racing appears again these might be more appealing to folks.

That is fair. I haven't raced in years and am unlikely to do so for years yet (in the family way, y'know?!) so I really don't need these, even if I would really, really like them!

Good luck with the sale, they're great value at €300.

Advertisement