Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Coros watch

Options
  • 26-08-2020 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭

The new Coros Pace 2 watchs looks like great value for anyone who doesn't feel trapped in the Garmin ecosystem. (Unfortunately I do). Running power without having to use a Stryd footpod is a nice feature.

Coros PACE 2 Review | A Real Garmin Contender…At Last

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭event

Wondering if anyone has taken the plunge and gotten one of these? Have a garmin still but might make the move in to triathlons next year so could be a cheap multisport watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Garmin have released the 745 tri watch but the pricing is crazy as you can get the 945 with far more features for slightly less if you shop around.

DCR's review of the Coros is positive.
    There’s no question about it – the COROS Pace 2 is by far the best GPS sports watch for the money out there, especially on the multisport side. Nothing comes close at the $199 price point. Namely because nobody else really makes something in that price range, short of buying discontinued older products.

Personally sticking with my Garmin 645 as it's fine although the aging battery is starting to show (over 2.5 years old now).

Yeah I have a 645 M, its perfect. But not for multisport. For €200, the Coros might be looked in to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

event wrote: »
    Yeah I have a 645 M, its perfect. But not for multisport. For €200, the Coros might be looked in to

Can you listen to podcasts on the 645M?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Van.Bosch wrote: »

yes. I do via spotify app

• Advertisement

Yeah once you listen to the podcasts via spotify, its fine. Fairly sure you need a paid spotify account though

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Van.Bosch wrote: »

You can only listen to certain podcasts on the 645M using Spotify, which is very annoying as the ones I like can't be listened to.

I ordered a Coros anyway, should be here next week

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

event wrote: »
    I ordered a Coros anyway, should be here next week

Which one did you get, and how’s it going? Considering upgrading and switching over soon. Battery life is the big appeal

Coros Pace 2 was the one I got. I have gone back to my Garmin as I use it for Music and was using it for a step challenge in work.
    Love the Coros and must break it out again actually, Id recommend it. But dont be impatient and get the white one like me :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement