Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ryanair are strangely silent on claims through Paypal. I wonder if they just know they will lose or havent copped it yet

PayPal have screwed me by the look of it. Ryanair saying they returned my refund in march. I've raised two disputes with PayPal and both denied. Have gone back again with screenshots of this morning's chat confirming it was PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

pc7 wrote: »
    Got this today from RA, is this a new one? I've already gotten the here have a voucher, no thanks, chat text to confirm I want a refund, confirmed it again in chat after they sent the 'go on have a voucher' one. I've started a chargeback with AIB. Don't remember seeing this one.

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation xxx.

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

I got this message a few times. Today I got a message for the first leg of a flight from March :

We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking.

We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account.

The amount refunded to your credit/debit card/method of payment is EUR 51.76

Please note the travel voucher issued has been voided and can no longer be used.

I am happy that i waited and they eventually processed my refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Straight forward enough with PTSB. copy of booking, copy of cancellation email, copy of my contact with Ryanair and the chargeback request. Took a few weeks but no issue

Seriously considering changing banks now. Couple of loose ends to tie up with AIB then I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Teena20

Niner Leprauchan.... Did ptsb correspond with you at all during those few weeks after your chargeback request? After speaking on the phone with them ( very helpful I must add) They would have received my documents by Friday 5th June, but so far I haven't heard from them at all.... wondering is this the norm??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Does anyone know if Ryanair have actually cancelled the flights in July that they won't be running?

You can still book seats for my flight in the second week of July.

I suppose that means I'm goosed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

troyzer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Ryanair have actually cancelled the flights in July that they won't be running?

My flight in July has already been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

My flight in July has already been cancelled.

I thought as much.

They've really backed me into a corner here. Greece are randomly testing Irish people. If I got picked, it's a minimum of one day quarantine. Potentially another two weeks on top of that if it's a positive result.

It's not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

troyzer wrote: »

My July flight has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I got my refund today, about three months after requesting it.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Great to see them finally start to filter in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Noxegon wrote:
    I got my refund today, about three months after requesting it.

Had my flight cancelled in April. Went on Ryanair webchat this morning. Waited 10 mins until customer rep. appeared. Got refunded after insisting I won't be using voucher and travelling anywhere soon. Smooth enough process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Got an email yesterday reminding me I stilll had the voucher. There was a link to claim for a refund. Went through okay. Hoping they’ll refund soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Followed the new link in the e-mail for the refund also. Filled it out and clicked confirm. It said processing but then it just greyed out and I couldn't click anything on the page. Not sure if it has actually processed.

Bit of a strange one for me. After sending AIB all documents few weeks ago for chargeback got letter after couple weeks basically fobbing me off, not enough documents etc etc.

Checked bank account yesterday for something unrelated and the funds were returned to credit card. Great I thought, Ryanair finally paid back.
    Letter in post today from bank saying they returned value of thus transaction.
    All in all, happy to get it resolved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Bit of a strange one for me. After sending AIB all documents few weeks ago for chargeback got letter after couple weeks basically fobbing me off, not enough documents etc etc.

Checked bank account yesterday for something unrelated and the funds were returned to credit card. Great I thought, Ryanair finally paid back.
    Letter in post today from bank saying they returned value of thus transaction.
    All in all, happy to get it resolved.

Very similar happened to my mother. They claimed they never got all the documents she sent in, so she had to resend which included all the attempts to speak with Ryanair and emails etc.

For me, I just played the waiting game with Ryanair and today I'm delighted to confirm they've reimbursed me in full according to their correspondence this afternoon.

Sully wrote: »
    Very similar happened to my mother. They claimed they never got all the documents she sent in, so she had to resend which included all the attempts to speak with Ryanair and emails etc.

For me, I just played the waiting game with Ryanair and today I'm delighted to confirm they've reimbursed me in full according to their correspondence this afternoon.

I actually gave up when the bank sent that letter, I didn't bother resending anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

What’s the best way to contact them now?

Waiting two hours on the web chat and nothing..

They say they’ve refunded all March cancellations but I’ve not received any refund yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PopTarts wrote: »
    What’s the best way to contact them now?

Waiting two hours on the web chat and nothing..

They say they’ve refunded all March cancellations but I’ve not received any refund yet.

Also (possibly a stupid question) can you open another tab when waiting for the chat rep and continue with work / browsing or will that disconnect from the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭john boye

PopTarts wrote: »

It's possible that they've processed and it just hasn't reached your account yet. More likely though is that the March story is another lie like almost everything they've stated throughout this process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭JRant

john boye wrote: »
    It's possible that they've processed and it just hasn't reached your account yet. More likely though is that the March story is another lie like almost everything they've stated throughout this process.

Flight cancelled on March 19th, no sign of a refund yet. They are full of it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭testtech05

JRant wrote: »
    Flight cancelled on March 19th, no sign of a refund yet. They are full of it.

I had flights cancelled in early April. Saw some comments from people here during the week so decided to contact them on chat to request my refund again. The told me it would be processed in the next 7-10 days.

Low and behold got a notification last night that the money has arrived in my account.

Happy enough to be honest despite the delays!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭JRant

testtech05 wrote: »
    I had flights cancelled in early April. Saw some comments from people here during the week so decided to contact them on chat to request my refund again. The told me it would be processed in the next 7-10 days.

Low and behold got a notification last night that the money has arrived in my account.

Happy enough to be honest despite the delays!

That's great to hear. I'll jump on the chat with them tomorrow and see what they say.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Was on chat today and after 3 hours there was nothing so I gave up. Will try again tomorrow. Could be because it was a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Down 3-4k today. Our Ryanair flights to Lanzarote departed today. Had 12 seats booked in total for the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Down 3-4k today. Our Ryanair flights to Lanzarote departed today. Had 12 seats booked in total for the family.

Had you cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

tina1040 wrote: »
    Had you cancelled?

You can't cancel with FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

You can't cancel with FR.

It can be changed though so maybe not totally lost.

But with government advice still to avoid travel, I would be querying it with government representatives. The large amount of money involved is well worth taking the time to take it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Has anyone actually got a refund from Ryanair

adam88 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got a refund from Ryanair

Loads have. Haven't got one myself yet. I saw somewhere that they promised all flights from March and April would be refunded by July 15th. I've two sets of flights from April and none have been refunded yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭iancairns

Jofspring wrote: »
    Loads have. Haven't got one myself yet. I saw somewhere that they promised all flights from March and April would be refunded by July 15th. I've two sets of flights from April and none have been refunded yet.

I finally got full refund yesterday. Keep the faith. It will happen

Advertisement