Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 traffic nowadays

Options
  • 05-07-2020 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

I'm wondering, what's the traffic at rush hour (in for 9am) on the M50-Soutbound nowadays since most business's are opened now?

Will be commuting from Blanch to Dundrum.

Is it as bad as it was before lockdown? Google Maps is giving me some ridiculously quick times so I'm not sure if I should believe it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭beachhead

You will see slighly lower than normal traffic levels from Blanch until Firhouse 80-100kph possible.Though around 9am it should be easing off.Traffic is heavier Northbound from Dundrum onwards.Returning home you will meet heavier traffic but it is moving at 70-80kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Hey,

I'm wondering, what's the traffic at rush hour (in for 9am) on the M50-Soutbound nowadays since most business's are opened now?

Will be commuting from Blanch to Dundrum.

Is it as bad as it was before lockdown? Google Maps is giving me some ridiculously quick times so I'm not sure if I should believe it.

tiitraffic.ie has the real time measured journey times. Have a look at that Monday or Tuesday at rush hour and you'll get the best info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AceofSpades10

beachhead wrote: »
    You will see slighly lower than normal traffic levels from Blanch until Firhouse 80-100kph possible.Though around 9am it should be easing off.Traffic is heavier Northbound from Dundrum onwards.Returning home you will meet heavier traffic but it is moving at 70-80kph.

Good to hear. Roughly how long does it take from Blanch to Firhouse? All I remember is a lot of stop-start traffic up til about J12. Particularly between J6 and J7(Lucan).

Advertisement