Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Royal tenebaums

• 30-08-2002 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

RENT IT NOW LOWLIFERS!

ONE OF THE GREATEST FILMS OF THE DECADE> ITS CLEVER

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

I got the DVD when I was in the states and it was not worth the effort it took to carry it home (very little).

For such a good cast I would have expected to laugh more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

you're talking ****e.

royal tenenbaums is the smartest, funniest film of the year, WITHOUT A DOUBT.

I also picked it up while in the states and it was well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I got it shipped from Canada and it has to be one of the best films I've seen this year without a doubt. Gene Hackman was absolutely class in it. I found it to be a extremely quirky and satisfying film to watch. Highly recommended.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

I read in one of the reviews that it was one of those films you either love or hate. They were obviously right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Yes its really down to what your personal preferences are, I loved it but some of my friends didn't like it at all, which probably made me happier in a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by yellum
    Yes its really down to what your personal preferences are, I loved it but some of my friends didn't like it at all, which probably made me happier in a way.
    Happier in a smug sort of way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Just got the 2 disc Criterion Collection Version on DVD from CDwow.ie for 20.95 Euro. Already saw it 3 times in the cinema but heck this film doesn't get old :) Gene Hackman steals the show.

The extras are pretty cool with a PBS sorta documentary of Wes Anderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i enjoyed it,was a bit hyped up for me,there;s sumthin about it which makes it very enjoyable watch
    lookin forward to taking home brotherhood of the wolf,heard its excellent
    vannilla sky is coming out on monday aswell for rental anyway
    xtra-vision aint gonna be renting out tha we were soliders flick for the same reasons as training day
    looks like we wont be stocking any time warner releases for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

why aren't xtravision renting out those two films?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Distribution dispute or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I rented The Royal Tenenbaums from xtra vision a few days ago - it was well worth it :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Thorouhly enjoyed Royal Tens but I can understand people not liking it. And even the people who liked it can't surely say it's hilarious. It's an amusing, quirky film but far from a rip-roaring comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Twer, good alright... I laughed on a number of occasions. Jaysus, I should really post here more, since I am doing media Production in College.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

the RT is comedic brilliance. it definitely rates in the funniest and smartest movies of the year. i found it difficult to find fault with it.

Advertisement