Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you like to be the baddie in the X-Men 2?

• 17-05-2002 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ok, I just downloaded and watched the X-men on DiVx, and I just thought of this, seeing as they have started shooting on the second part to the X-men. Who would you like to see as the Baddie(s)? I dont want any spoylers to be given, just who you would like it to be. (for those of you that have read the script if its out on the web) I my-self would like to remain in the dark untill as close to release as I can.

As for who I would like see as the main baddie, I would have to say Mr. Sinister and to have Mystique come back so that Rogue could get her super strenth and abilty to fly....

anyone else got any Ideas, also plseas give reasions why you'd like the baddie to be in part 2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

As for who I would like see as the main baddie, I would have to say Mr. Sinister and to have Mystique come back so that Rogue could get her super strenth and abilty to fly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Juggernaught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Appocalypse. A 60' tall indestructable robot. Can't beat that with a stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

he isnt a robot is he?

ur thinking of those other thingies aint ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

aye, Appocalypse is meant to be the first mutant, your thinking of the Sentinels.

The reasion I picked Mr. Sinister is that if they put him in, they will have to put Gambit in, as he started off with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

Why just one baddie?
    Didn't the first one had 4 or 5?

here's an idea for a plot:

The "Shadow King" a spirit of a Telepath like Xavier takes over other mutants like Storm, Cyclops and destroys most of the X-men.

Then Mystique disguised as the Senator builds the "Sentinels" to finish them off.

The Shadow King and Mystique are more evil than Apocalpse, I think Apocalypse is useless, he was given 3000 years to take over the earth and he still failed.

The Sentinels are bigger and badder than Juggernaut and there's more of them.

But the X-men get together to fight, and make a come back?

I always wonder Why don't they use Spiderman, Batman and Avengers baddies in the X-men films?

:confused:

"Shadow King" builds the "Sentinels" to finish the X-men?

Is that Good or what?

I think the X-men film was much better thaan the FOX cartoon series.

I don't think
    that Rogue, Storm should be given the ability to fly.

Also leave Gambit and Iceman out!

Why?

Because Rouge has too many powers, she has SuperMAN strenght so can not be hurt in the Cartoon so there's no vunerability or tension when she's fighting.

Gambit and Iceman also have too many powers.

The bad guys don't have a chance against the Xmen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

OMEGA RED

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah Omega Red is my choice as well,

Though in the end it is abit easy to defeat him you just freeze him and thats it.
    I think the Sentinals would be good alright.

• Advertisement

Lei if you read my post you will see it says "baddie(s)" meaning one or more. Even in the comics Rouge and Storm could fly. As for Gambit, he only has one power (which he cant controle till he meats and joins Mr. Sinister) That is why I would like for Mr. Sinister to be in it, as then Gambit would be in it.......but as a bad guy. Also if they are to keep through to the comics. Logun would have to lose his reinforced bones to Mr. Sinister and then in the 3rd one you could have beast and Gambit join the X-men and logun goes off with Appocalypse and gets his reinforced bones back......

damn it, I need to get out more!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

No I didn't mean the Sentinels, they suck. All they ever did was get their asses kicked. I mean Appocalypse. I though he was a robot. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'd like to see Sinister or Appocalypse in the next one or maybe the Circle club with there past members been brought up aswell

I think it’s too early to introduce the likes of apocalypse or sentinels, they're too powerful, Sinister would be the best choice. Sinister has more dept than the sentinels and since the X-Men are only developing their powers they’d be no match for Apocalypse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Here's an overview of the current X-Men 2 Script.....

Link Removed. My Bad.

MB

MB did you read what I said, NO!!!!! give aways that includes posting the damn script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Didnt post the script. Posted a link to the script so people can choose if they wish to view it or not. ;)

ahhh....dont be a fool, I asked for no give aways to be given, if your not going to do that then fine, but if your going to post like that make a new tread and edit your post here......dont be a tard man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Mystique had super stength and could fly? Is that how rogue gets those powers in Xmen? (cartoon). She did not have them in the movie anyway... Eh in the cartoon was Mystique, rogues mother? Or am i getting mixed up here with someone else?

Anyway i never noticed rogue being invulnerable in the cartoon.. she was super strong and could fly etc but if she got a good whack she fell as hard as anyone...
    And did Gambit gave any good powers? I thought he just could throw his cards around... That would not be good in movie form i dont think....

Beast would be fun to have but it would have to be CGI so might suck...

Magneto is going to have to return though... That part was left open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

I'd like to see Mr. Sinister aswell, hes often to be seen to be in league with Mystique.

Omega Red would be cool aswell, as i recall hes given the x-men a head kicking several times.

What about Onslaught? That would bring in the entire Marvel universe into play. Sentinels, x-men, a good magneto, FF4, avengers, etc,etc,etc.

Another one could be Nimrod, future type Sentinel, that would bring Bishop into it.

Just a few other things:

Apocalypse can change size whenever he feels like it.
    He is not a robot.

Rogue isnt invincible, telepahty can hurt her, and theres plenty of them around.

They dont and probably wont Superman/Batman baddies in x-men films because a)they have their own films b)they're part of the DC comics universe not marvel.

Juggernaut is as thick as 2 short planks and usually just robs banks n stuff. rogue could take him out on her own, or storm or cyclops or whoever had 5 free minutes.

Storm cant really fly that well so there shouldnt be much of that going on.

Thats all for now. :D

• Advertisement

Storm could fly in the first movie.. sort of... she used wind etc to lift her.. and logan for that matter... Same with Magneto.. he could sort of fly... around metal structures that is... in theory if he is powerfule enough since the earth itself is full of iron and has a magnetic field he might be able to manipulate those to fly almost any time he wants... Could he do that in the cartoon/comics?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Saruman
    Mystique had super stength and could fly? Is that how rogue gets those powers in Xmen? (cartoon).
    Nope and nope. She got them by draining Captain Marvel (I think - she could have been called Marvel Girl) a little two long while she was working for Mystique.

Originally posted by Draco
    Nope and nope. She got them by draining Captain Marvel (I think - she could have been called Marvel Girl) a little two long while she was working for Mystique.
    Actually that was Mystique's plan, that is, to stay in contact long enough for all her powers to be absorbed.

Rogue then goes mental cause she also has the thoughts and memories of this other woman in her head so they give her up to professor X who helps her to suppress the other personality.

quote:
    Mystique had super stength and could fly? Is that how rogue gets those powers in Xmen? (cartoon).

Nope and nope. She got them by draining Captain Marvel (I think - she could have been called Marvel Girl) a little two long while she was working for Mystique.???

Weird.

Well, why did the X-men film have Magneto & 3 baddies

Fight against 5 X-men?

Because the plot was honest and simple, I have read many Batman, Spiderman, Superman and X-men comics and most of the are a bit crappy!

Why?

Too many plots, twists, themes, characters and no action and no real story line.

There have been
    Spiderman the real one ,
    Doppel-ganger spiderman
    2099 Spiderman
    Clone of Spiderman
    Spiderman has died 5 times??

Superman
    Superboy
    Man of Steel
    Cyborg Superman
    Red electric Superman
    Blue Electric Superman
    Superman has died 4 times??
    Batmans
    Alfred as Batman
    Batgirl
    Batman Future...
    He has died and come back many times

How many X-men have there been? 5, 6 , 7, ....75?
    How many times has Cyclops died ? 5, 6, 7, ...75?

I do think there is a very good comic story that should be made into a film the "Phoinex".I think??

When Jean Grey gets taken over by an Alien Entity making her into a powerful monster that devours worlds.

This is the ultimate bad guy, forget the rest of those crappy stories.

:o

Originally posted by Draco

Ah that makes more sense... i think i heard about that too..
    Here What would happen if she touched an animal?

Ah that makes more sense... i think i heard about that too..
    Here What would happen if she touched an animal?
    she absorbs their bio energy.. animal goes into a coma :)

Rouge...?

What would happen if Rouge touched Cyclops would she get his powers?

If Rouge touched the Hulk? Would she get his Strenght and Anger?

If Rouge touched Sabretooth, would rouge become psycopathic and Insane?

If Rouge touched Apocalypse , would she get the Apocalypse Virus?

If Rouge touched Phoinex, would she become a mad crazy God?

Have any of these things happened in the comics cartoons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Rogue absorbed Ms. marvel completely under the instructions of Mystique. Rogue went kinda berserk and ended up with X-Men.
    Ms. Marvel had the power of invulnerability and the ability to fly, which Rogue completely absorbed. This was part of a plan, because they couldnt figure out any other way of defeating her.
    What would happen if Rouge touched Cyclops would she get his powers?

If Rouge touched the Hulk? Would she get his Strenght and Anger?

If Rouge touched Sabretooth, would rouge become psycopathic and Insane?

If Rouge touched Apocalypse , would she get the Apocalypse Virus?

If Rouge touched Phoinex, would she become a mad crazy God?

Have any of these things happened in the comics cartoons?

Rogue did absorb Cyclops, she got his beam sight. Which kinda sucks cos they make it out that she cant control it either. Scott aka Cyclops should be able to control his powers even if his eyes are opened, but was in an unfortunate car crash when he was younger which fúcked with his powers and killed his parents.

Rogue has absorbed the hulk, and turned all Green and muscly not unlike The Female Hulk.

Rogue has absorbed SabreTooths powers and just basically resembles him. Her nails grew, she got the fur in strange places and got his strength/agility.

As for Apocalypse/Phoenix not that I've ever seen.

Btw, Phoenix is not a power hungry god. It was an alien super mutant of some shape or description. And from what I can remember they didnt go around eating planets, and she wasnt technically a baddie, just went around stunning people while she tried to complete some objective. In the end Jean Grey joins with the Phoenix and becomes a super-goodie, but has to leave the galaxy for some ridiculous reason. Then Jean Grey gets reincarnated or some more weird ass stuff, that I cant 100% remember.

As for baddies, they've already gone to alot of trouble developing the main baddies from the first film so I'd say expect to see them back again, with perhaps 1 or two differences.

Btw, Gambit wasnt super powered, he could control molecules, speeding them up, by transferring kinetic energy, thus making them exploding. Which he does with cards alot, and his neat pole type thingy, but also does it at other occasions such as when they are jailed he detonates the bars.

The juggernaut was completely invincible when he was suited up. None of the X-Men alone could take him. Him and Rogue would continue bashing each other around if they had the chance. He would laugh at cyclops eye-beams and most of the others. Xaviers telepathy couldnt penetrate his helmet, but once his helmet came off (which wasnt exactly an easy thing to do) he was a pussy.

I'm told that Juggernaut + Xavier are brothers who found some kind of mysterious cave and they developed amazing powers from there, according to the film Xavier was a mutant to begin with.

So I wouldnt expect them to stick with the Comic or Cartoon universe. They are just trying to follow the outline of the comics/cartoons while still developing their own story.

Expect to see some freaky assed stuff in the next film.

Ivan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

avengers comic annual 9 or 10 I think, where rouge is first shown and she kicks the arse of most the avengers :E

ahh miss-spent youth :)

• Advertisement

Btw, Phoenix is not a power hungry god. It was an alien super mutant of some shape or description. And from what I can remember they didnt go around eating planets, and she wasnt technically a baddie, just went around stunning people while she tried to complete some objective. In the end Jean Grey joins with the Phoenix and becomes a super-goodie, but has to leave the galaxy for some ridiculous reason. Then Jean Grey gets reincarnated or some more weird ass stuff, that I cant 100% remember.
    The phoenix is the guardian of the Omicron (?) crystal. After she seals the breach in the crystal she/it fly’s it into the sun so no-one will ever find it again. When she (in Jean Grey's body) returns to earth she's overcome by emotion, she has never experienced them before and wants to feel more. Goes a bit nutz but then comes to her senses. Jean dies but is brought back to life and phoenix goes on her/ its merry way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

Crikey thats a lot of questions....

I didnt say Storm can fly i said she cant really fly.
    Although she can do what she wants in the comics she uses updrafts etc to fly in the film.

It was Miss Marvel that Rogue drained, not captain marvel or Marvel girl.
    Miss Marvel was a human who had somehow been infused with Kree genes that gave her strength, flight and invulnerability. Since there's no Ms. Marvel in the movie, it only stands to reason that Rogue wouldn't have Ms. Marvel's powers.
    This happened in avengers #10 methinks.

Magneto couldnt really fly, it was more of a levitation thingy, the difference being that he wasnt very agile in the air.

Phoenix isnt evil, just misunderstood.

Mystique has the powers of whoever she changes into, and yes she is Rogues mother.

"I'm told that Juggernaut + Xavier are brothers who found some kind of mysterious cave and they developed amazing powers from there, according to the film Xavier was a mutant to begin with."
    News to me, i question your source.

Oh and Lei Xiejiang your posts dont make any sense.

dysfunct
    Which parts of my posts don't make any sense?
    The questions about rouge?, or my thoughts on comic characters?

I think rouge was an excellent character in the film, but I don't like rouge in the cartoon. She seems to have too many powers, super-strenght, flight, invunerability.....
    My Questions.
    Well I just wanted to know how far rouges powers go

My thoughts on comic characters, well I think many comic book stories don't translate to film very good, take Spawn, Turtles, Fantastic Four, the Flash... very bad.
    Another major problem is comic book stories, and comic book writers.
    There are some great writers like Stan Lee but some writers are terrible, killing Magneto and bringing him back from the dead is a bad idea. Comic book writers have killed many super heros only to bring them back from the dead a few months later.
    Superman comics can be very bad, as there are now some 5 or 6 different supermen in existance. I think there's even a "Superdog"he comes with a flying Red cape.

I read some of the Apocalypse Juggernaut and Onslaught stories and they seem quite good for an X-men 2 or 3
    Film.
    But I think Barry Singer?? < Director? Should leave out most of the junk that comes with the X-men universe.

Anyone remember Mojo ( X-men ), Bane( Batman), the Mole-man( Fan4), any of the alter-dimension universes.... ?

What a craap character and what terrible stories!

He done good in the first film, let's hope it stays the samefor the next movie.

:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Getting back on topic - I'd love to see them taking on the Genoshans in a film, but I know that's a long way away yet interms of the characters that were introduced in the first film.

Genosha, was that the island where Mutants, were rounded up and bar-coded to work in camps?

Yeah, I read those stories, they were wrote in the 70s right? During a time of protest, Cold War, Vietnam War....

Those stories would not be allowed now days because it represents the world too much, too similar to Northern Ireland, South America, the Isreal palestine conflict,....

Hollywood would not allow those scripts too political.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

He isnt exactly a baddy (he used to be) but

BISHOP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Personally, id like to see a Jean Grey - Dark Pheonix thread in future films, one reason to see an evil-yet spank me hot Famke Jansen go badd all over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

A good Actor for bishop would be Samuel L. Jackson

I wondered about the bit in the film where Magneto looks at Wolverine's army dog-tags do a Magneto and Wolverine connection for X-men2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I'd like to see them go up agains the Beyonder. I'm not even sure if he was a Xmen enemy (prob agains the Fantastic Four) but he was this great all powerful godlike supervillian who I found interesting because of how his life was so full of regrets and personal problems which gave a real dimension to his character.

Anyway ..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭JarJar blinks

!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

its the Sentinels saw it in SFX, in this one the X-men team up with the brotherhood to take on the Sentinels, there will be some new X-men coming into it but no names are confirmed just rumors (Nightcrawler).

Wish I could tell you more L8r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

The above is lies and even if it wasnt it does not belong here as the original poster requested that noone spoil the bloody plot. Luckily the above has no idea what he is talking about.

Altho I would love to see the sentinels in the next movie.

Would also like to see the bounty hunter from the future, cant for the life of me think of his name tho. He wasnt a baddy nor a goodie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I think there have been a lot of rumours flying around about the sequel. What I've seen is that Magento will be back, and there will be sentinels too. Added to the X-Men will be the Iceman and Nightcrawler. But that is early news, could be changed. Just as long as they dont bring a bruiser into it like Juggernaut. After the total hash they made of Bane in the last batman movie, they would just get some 6 foot-ish guy and pack him in orange padding and call him juggernaut and he would look daft!!!!!! I'd personally like to see characters like Sinister, Apocalypse or Omega Red in it. Sinister would be ideal, I think that Lance Henrikson or Kurt Russel would make a mean Mr. Sinister alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Dazzer, think the bounty hunter you are talking about is called Cable. If he's got a weird eye and spikey grey hair, thats the guy. Good idea for a character - looks like a baddie for most of the movie, but the X-men find out he's a good guy near the end and join forces. AND i know who would make an awesome choice for someone to play Cable - that guy from Alien Resurrection who shot the spider when he was climbing up the ladder, the leader of the space pirates in the movie. Big grizzled looking geezer he is!!!!
    Wonder who would play all the other baddies and/or goodies in the X-Men universe though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yeah your right about that juggernaut thing, they would probally mess his character up, like they did with wolverine, isnt he meant to be much shorter? and isnt sabertooth meant to be much taller? i think if they did juggernaut he would have to be at least 15 foot tall, which would meant he would be mechanical like a dinosaur in jurasic park, this would be amazing if done right, i would like Dr Doom as a baddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Dunno any of the X-men history or anything about the genre.

However I would like to see Pat the Postman or FIreman Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I think so SYL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Christ, It's not that hard to spell is it! :rolleyes: C'mon, say it with me.
    R-O-G-U-E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I would think Omega red would be a good choice seeing the last film ends with Logan going to the research facility to find out about his past...and Omega is directly linked to logan, it would be good to see Logan coming back for help throw in gambit or nightcrawler as a tag along who meets logan. (like how rogue met him in film) the two get chased by Omega they go back to x-men for help final fight type thingy, throw in a mini plot or two for other characters while logan is seperated from them (mystigue? (sp?) )

there...bored now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Magneto

• Advertisement
Advertisement