Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the last DVD you bought?

• 07-02-2005 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Edinbrugh a few days and got a few cheap.

Pulp Fiction (2 disc)
    Master and Commander
    Once Upon a Time in the West (Special Edition)

There was another but I can't remember the name.
    All about €10 :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

baseketball 8 eurons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bought 3 in one of the deals going

Narc
    Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
    Millers Crossing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Collateral' and 'The Return'. Or maybe it's actually 'Before Sunrise'/'Before Sunset' - I bought it ages ago but it's the most recent to actually ship...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

BEST OF THE BEST lol :) seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

'Resident Evil' & 'Resident Evil:Apocalypse' R1 -- nicer boxes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got 3 for €33 in the HMV sale when i was up at Green Day.

Got:

The Goonies (brillant!.. but faulty.. need to return it!)
    Labyrinth (another one to remind me of my childhood! :D)
    The Rules Of Attraction (great film.. recommend it to all!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Bourne Supremacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

havent bought any in ages, burn burn burn baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nice one advocating illegal activities again. You will last long here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Remember the other DVD now, Scarface :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Gideon wrote:
    BEST OF THE BEST lol :) seriously.
    me too!! got it today, 7e on play.com.. can't wait to get home and watch it!:D

but other than that, i have bought

some kind of monster
    bad boys 2
    collateral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Miller's Crossing and Kill Bill 2 (sale!), and Azumi (which I still haven't watched).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Eddie Murphy: Raw. Fúcking hilarious.

What have you done for me lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

the Flea instructional DVD (25 euro :( )
    its pretty cool though (esp. if you play bass). River Phoenix is the interviewer and its plainly obvious the two of them are stoned off their tits but they somehow manage to pull it off. Phoenix asks some cool questions too.

oh and i meant to ask DapperGent: I love Raw but don't you find the last twenty minutes a little disturbing? I mean, he seems to get into his dads character and then it just takes over and save for the last line its mostly just a weird disturbed rant. I get the feeling he didn't get on with his dad too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Along Came Polly - but it was a present so no slagging!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

I got the Matrix reloaded and revolutions in the cheapy sale off www.sendit.com and curretnly awaiting Bambi (for my kids!) off cdwow due valentines day.

Basquille has just reminded me in the post above that I need to invest in Labrynth 'for my kids' too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Blood In Blood Out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The last DVDs I bought were 24 season 2 and season 3 in the recent promotion (£17 each)

I have the following on preorder

Feb 15 - Bob Marley & The Wailers Live at the Rainbow 2 disc Deluxe Edition R1 from DVD Soon
    Feb 22 - Heat 2 disc Special Edition R1 from DVD Soon
    Feb 22 - Get Shorty Special Edition R1 from DVD Import
    Mar 1 - Bambi 2 disc Platinum Edition R1 from DVD Soon
    Mar 15 - The Indredibles 2 disc Collector's Edition R1 from DVD Import

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dodgeball. It rocks.

• Advertisement

Along Came Polly - but it was a present so no slagging!! :p

then you didn't buy it you puh-lonka!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Damn HMV 3 for €33 sale.......last ones included;
    Garfield
    The Goonies
    Anger Management
    Das Boot
    X Men 2
    The Day After Tomorrow

Those type of promotions are great, i reckon i've bought about 70 or so in the last year, and i've only managed to watch half, Its nice to know that there waiting for me on my next day off.

Last few box sets purchased;
    The Lord Of The Rings
    Mad Max
    The Matrix
    Band Of Brothers

delly wrote:
    Damn HMV 3 for €33 sale.......last ones included;
    The Goonies

Just as matter of interest, did the copy of 'The Goonies' you buy come with the audio commentary? Mine didn't.. gotta send it back! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Midnight Run with Robert de Niro. Good show too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

basquille wrote:
    Just as matter of interest, did the copy of 'The Goonies' you buy come with the audio commentary? Mine didn't.. gotta send it back! :(
    I haven't watched it yet, but i'll give it a spin tonight and let you know

Mar 15 - The Indredibles 2 disc Collector's Edition R1 from DVD Import
    That will be next on my list along with Hero. Don't know what to get after that.

Got Clockstoppers for 3 euro yeterday. Not a bad film.
    Before that it was Farscape the Peace Keepers War which is waiting at home for me for the past two weeks, and wouldnt you know it I wont be home for another two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

damn who ever mentioned the hmv 3 for 33€ offer :(

i came away with das boot,monty python and the holy grail and the untouchables(pls tell me kevin costners mug on the cover is just a mirage and its actually a gud movie!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Got Clockstoppers for 3 euro yeterday. Not a bad film.
    Before that it was Farscape the Peace Keepers War which is waiting at home for me for the past two weeks, and wouldnt you know it I wont be home for another two weeks.

The Peacekeeper Wars has been on my to-do list for ages now, and I'd buy the DVD, if only for the fact that I've not seen Season 4 yet, and untill then, no Peacekeeper Wars for me. It's just completely boggling that they haven't the Season 4 box set released before it. Honestly, where is the sense in that!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

schindliers list (€14)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

No Retreat No Surrender 1, just ordered it from play.com.. haven't seen it since i was a kid.. i imagine it's shall be very VERY cheesy now but i like watchin films that i haven't seen since i was a kid.. watched best of the best the other day.. ah the memories!!:D

Ordered the Incredibles today off filmnight and also was vey tempted to buy Michael collins which I saw for €10 in Golden discs as I dont have that!

Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy

thought it was good
    others thought it was ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The Village - quite dissapointed that they didnt do any sort of booklet with it and instead included a nice anti piracy booklet, warning against downloading movies or buying pirated dvds, IN A LEGITIMATE DVD. ive always bought shahyamalanananans films legit, but that, coupled with the woeful (lack of) extras will probly make me not bother with that route in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Yeah the HMV 3 for 33 deals are evil. I cannot enter a shop that has one of these and leave with my bank balance unscathed or without having sold a kidney. The last time I was caught in the trap I walked away with
    Carlitos way, scarface, teh princess bride, labyrinth, the football factory and solaris.

I've only watched two so far. The football factory is a big pile of poo, it seemed to want to be "trainspotting" but didn't want to bother with characters or a plot. very silly and glorifies thuggery in a pretty shameless way. Solaris was ok very cliched predictable stuff.

Still I know the princess bride is an excellent film and I have fond (and terrorrfying - can't spell it-) memories of labyrinth

• Advertisement

Brerrabbit wrote:
    Yeah the HMV 3 for 33 deals are evil. I cannot enter a shop that has one of these and leave with my bank balance unscathed or without having sold a kidney. The last time I was caught in the trap I walked away with
    Carlitos way, scarface, teh princess bride, labyrinth, the football factory and solaris.

I've only watched two so far. The football factory is a big pile of poo, it seemed to want to be "trainspotting" but didn't want to bother with characters or a plot. very silly and glorifies thuggery in a pretty shameless way. Solaris was ok very cliched predictable stuff.

Still I know the princess bride is an excellent film and I have fond (and terrorrfying - can't spell it-) memories of labyrinth
    Got Labyrinth myself in that HMV sale. Great film... the film feels outdated as a whole but still is a classic! It's amazing to think that's Jennifer Connelly..
    skywalker wrote:
    The Village - quite dissapointed that they didnt do any sort of booklet with it and instead included a nice anti piracy booklet, warning against downloading movies or buying pirated dvds, IN A LEGITIMATE DVD. ive always bought shahyamalanananans films legit, but that, coupled with the woeful (lack of) extras will probly make me not bother with that route in future.
    I have his first 3 films on DVD (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs)... i enjoyed The Village but will buy it when i see it in a sale or something in a couple months.

I would personally love to hear an audio commentary by him.... as far as i know, the studios were pushing from him to do one but he won't. He seems a bit pretentious anyways!

I have Labyrinth from sendit.com worked out to be about €8.90 which wasnt bad at all.

I went and splurged after having my memory jogged on this thread!!

Also got the Monty Python box set from Amazon, cost approx €22 and excellent box set!

Just purchased 'Crusade: The Complete Series' earlier in the week, along with David Lynch's 'Blue Velvet' (I still need to buy 'Dune' and 'Wild at Heart' to finish off my Lynch collection).

Of course since I purchased them off dvdsoon, it'll probably be a few months before they actually arrive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 omez

Mystic River
    Deathwatch
    Malcolm X
    The Recruit
    The Terminal

Yay! My Crusade shipped... that was quick so I take back what I said about dvdsoon...

• Advertisement

Bought Hero yesterday. Good movie. Never saw a movie to use colour so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bought Death Machine, and Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxic at the same time....classic movies :)

Pink Floyd - The Wall

must watch it tonight

I got Roadkill and House of a 100 Corpses during the week.

The Peacekeeper Wars has been on my to-do list for ages now, and I'd buy the DVD, if only for the fact that I've not seen Season 4 yet, and untill then, no Peacekeeper Wars for me. It's just completely boggling that they haven't the Season 4 box set released before it. Honestly, where is the sense in that!?

I know what you mean I had to find an alternate to buying Season 4 on DVD, if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean I had to find an alternate to buying Season 4 on DVD, if you know what I mean.

**** it. I caved from the pressure. Amazon had the individual volumes going cheap enough, so I ordered them, and The Peacekeeper Wars. I just couldn't hold off any longer. It's a pity though, there's still no sight of a season 4 box set, so I imagine it's a long, long way off yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Oddly enough, the last DVd I bought was Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Am a poor student again, so don't buy em as much as I used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

Revenge of the Drunken Master - Jonny Chan

A great bargain at €2 from the €2 shop in Bray! Taken straight from the old cinema print - refered to by Tarantino in the Pulp fiction documentary - well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Dazed and Confused. Haven't seen it in years but as far as I remember it's great with a rockin' soundtrack. €6.99 in Tower Records today, yeah!

cashback wrote:
    Dazed and Confused. Haven't seen it in years but as far as I remember it's great with a rockin' soundtrack. €6.99 in Tower Records today, yeah!
    Damnit.... no Tower Records in Sligo!

Love Dazed And Confused... and has a great soundtrack alright!

The songs in it were so good that they released two soundtracks.

Dazed And Confused OST (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002L1V/ref=cm_custrec_gl_acc/103-1633641-5642229?v=glance&s=music)
    Even More Dazed And Confused (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002L2V/ref=ase_internetmoviedat/103-1633641-5642229?v=glance&s=music)

Original soundtrack is better of the two though!

I've a few things on their way to me from play.com now:

Visitor Q
    Young Thugs: Nostalgia
    MPD Psycho Volume 1.
    Switchblade Romance

Hopefully Oldboy should be sent off to me very sharpish too. So that's a nice little haul now!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement