Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know how much a real tree about 8 foot for outdoors will cost apprx?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I was in Disney at the weekend. My first time and it was magical, the decorations were beautiful. When we arrived the Christmas Parade had just started with fake snow and the works, give me Disney in Winter over a sun holiday any day!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

freida wrote: »
    Aldi do a pack of 3 half bottles. One Mint, one orange and I think the third one is caramel. All v tasty

Thank you very very much for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I worked in Dunnes over Christmas whilst in college, it was half hating it and half loving it due to the general messing.

We have planned this Thursday to get in the Christmas mood. Off to a mall that has a ski slope in it after work. Buy my christmas undies and my OH some fancier one, too much info. Then sip something strong whilst watching people wipe out on the slopes. That should put us in the mood.

So of the pics on the tree page are amazing, I took mine with the flash on so they don't look great. Thanks to possy for rotating them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    I was in Disney at the weekend. My first time and it was magical, the decorations were beautiful. When we arrived the Christmas Parade had just started with fake snow and the works, give me Disney in Winter over a sun holiday any day!!

What was the weather like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Horrible day out there. Crazy to think come Sunday we will be in the 20’s in the countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Glitz, love the dinner set, it's lovely!

Bought another present this morning - brother said yesterday that he wanted a tablet & hey presto, Amazon have a Black Friday deal this am on the Fire tablet - 46euro, free postage to my sister's job in Newry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I got my fathers present on Monday. Now just my mothers to get and that is me done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just booked a holiday for after our christmas back home. So we fly out after christmas back to the and pit and then don't leave the airport and head off to the beach for a week. We had four days skiing in April for our honeymoon so this is the real one. It will also be our present to each other.

beertons wrote:
    What was the weather like?

Weather was great, was about 7 degrees during the day and didn't rain until Monday but we were leaving that day so didn't mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Hey everyone I have so many christmas posts to catch up on. We got married on Saturday it was a fabulous day it all went really well and was so xmasy! Just wanted to share a few snaps. wedding 1.jpg

wedding 2.jpg

wedding 3.jpg

wedding 5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Wow Ciara. You all, especially you...looked fab. Colour scheme was just gorgeous..... Best wishes to you and your family for the future...... Next big event for you...Christmas...!!! xxx.

Congratulations Ciara, dress is stunning!!

And the church... went for red flowers to try and make it more festive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Great photos CIARA. Congratulations to you both 😀🎄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations, Ciara!!

You look beautiful- I love the photo of you both in front of the Christmas tree especially. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh ciara007 you look beautiful! Congratulations to you both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Hey everyone!! Does anyone know if toy show tickets have been dealt out yet? I'm blindly optimistic that I will get them, as usual ��

Me too, haven't heard a thing. I guess you only hear if you're successful?

Anyone here successfully get tickets ever? How soon before the show did you hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congratulations Ciara pictures are Beautiful wishing you every happiness
    Glitz your purchases are fab
    Jude what a nice way to finish off the Christmas and start the new year
    Started taking some decorations down from the attic
    Some unpacked and boxes put away already
    Just need my OH to get the tree down for me and help me move my sideboard then I can decorate the sideboard that should only leave the tree then
    He came home today and Christmas had landed :) (He said well you are sick and Christmas decorations make you happy sounds like he's just going with it )
    I found two Christmas presents I bought in January completely forgot about them

Horrible evening out there

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

The pictures are fantastic Ciara. You look really pretty, gorgeous dress. The e flowers and decorations are so winter Christmas wedding! Congratulations by the way, Mr & Mrs!! :D

• Advertisement

Congrats Ciara!!!

You were a beautiful bride. I love your flowers they’re fabulous!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. The church flowers are gorgeous. Congrats again and I hope you had the best day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Congrats Ciara, so happy to hear you all had a wonderfully festive day. You all look just gorgeous! I love your dress and bouquet! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just in case anybody didn't see the photos from Loughc's wedding. :)

il_340x270.1371078439_s7nr.jpg

Thanks everyone I had such a great day I cant believe its over!!! We are staying in the hodson bay hotel and they put all the decorations up today they look amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Had it in my head the past couple of weeks Christmas fm was starting this day week it's actually Tuesday I've only realised and I think I'm off work that day hoping to do my mothers tree, we were just discussing it think we'l get a take away for dinner too on Tuesday we will be wrecked after the decorating

This might be handy for people who are on cooking duties this year.

kehpis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Congratulations Ciara007! They're lovely pics and you look fab!

Can't believe how close it's getting now, our tree will be going up next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats Ciara, you looked beautiful. Hope you both had a great day.

Congratulations Ciara007! They're lovely pics and you look fab!

Can't believe how close it's getting now, our tree will be going up next week!

Same my tree is going up next week. I think it’ll feel real then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ciara your dress was gorgeous, the bouquet I’m a big fan of and I love the colours :)

Glitz I hope everything is going better now

It’s getting closer to the big day :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement