Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Live 20 / NBA 2K20

2»

Comments

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You playing Pro-am to get the AI as the third person? Might try that as I had a disaster with park over the weekend. Kept ending up with randoms who wouldn't pass, taking awful shots and not playing defense. Very frustrating.

The slow shooting this year is because there is a shooting badge that is a necessity called Quick Draw. Expect shots to be slow until you equip this, should be the first badge you go for.

What kind of archetype are you? I built a 2way slashing playmaker. High dribble, driving and defense, low shooting. Shooting is reported to be notoriously hard this year until you get certain badges but i avoid shooting anyway so not affecting me much.

Fully agree on the gym, i have no problem doing that once a week for a nice boost. Training is handy to boost badges as well as you get x2 times the xp from coaches drills.

No, the third guy quit before we started. Your man kept taking shots that had no hope of going in either.
    I think he missed his first 9 shots too.
    How we won I'll never know given his percentage :D

I tried to do the Pro-Am but was with a few PGs so backed out before it started.
    Tbh those games are so long if you're playing with a bunch of turds its worse than the park to suffer through.

Its not the release that's the issue, I've found that slow alright but there was times I've dribbled to an area and went to shoot and it seems to take an age to stop, turn and start jumping.
    Maybe it's all related but it's frustrating.

I've been skipping the practice sessions as while the by two is handy it's still a slog.
    I've had two badges for playmaking yet im not even 50% up on the other three bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, the badge grind is very slow, think it's to replace the grind of leveling up last year. There was a badge glitch, might still work but guys online have HOF badges across all their upgrades doing this. Google for more info, way too tedious for me.

Pro-Am now has a 3v3 park rules version, hoping to get a team of 3 or more on ps4 specifically for this.

No idea about the slow gather. Maybe try a different jumpshot animation? Look up chris smooves animation video for 2k20 and copy what he has. Then you'll know if it's a big or just low stats.

I go to ever drill, small bit tedious but i've gotten a few very handy badges from it. Also, if you go to enough, legends appear and give you 3x xp (Jordan visited my training over the weekend, nice touch). Also, Chris Brickley (sp) shows up after so many sessions or maybe it's just sometime in december and gives you the ability to create your own jumpshot.

Spun the neighborhood wheel last night, as i do every day, and got 2x rep for 5 hours. Decided to play some park games and luckily found 2 guys who were really good. They didn't pass to me much but i held my own and we went on an 8 game win streak. Got to Pro 1 with the double rep but the rep rewards are really crap this year, no real incentive to grind for them.

Anyway, on my last 2 games, i was matched up against a guy with a mic who called me every name under the sun and he got fairly racist. I drove past him, dunked on him, stole, block and contested most of his shots but he didn't
    stop chatting **** once. I muted him after the game and blew him off the court the next game again but it was fairly full on. Been a while since i came across that online. Playing with randomers sucks! Even though it logs me into Euro servers, it puts me against Americans, i think would be much better if i could play with/against Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Any body looking to squad up in park on ps4? Been trying to find a third man to play 3s with me and my friend because playing with randoms is a lucky dip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah balls! Players had been posting mocap sessions during the summer an all. I've gotten bored of 2k20, was really hoping live 20 would be out for November :(

January and I'm still playing 2k which is the longest in years.

I have an 88 PG - original build and stopped putting VC into him at 87 weeks and weeks back.

83 Glass Cleaning Lockdown C
    82 Slashing SF - the worst of the lot as the 92 driving layup doesn't seem any better than the 77 stat on my PG.
    84 Mid Range PF.

I dont have any one great player as I've pumped VC into all of them.
    The PF is decent but restricted by badges, trying to see can I restart with more badges on him.

I didn't know when I was making my original player that where I put the stats changed the number of badges so I'm maxed at 17 odd shooting badges which isnt enough once you start realising how many you need.

What I only realised over the last week is that you can manipulate the stats in a way to maximize badges, the difference could be worth 5-10 extra so now I feel it's best to restart my PG.

Never knew this until I'd built 4 or 5 players which is a bummer.
    Those badges are more important than stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭riddles

Downloaded NBA 2k 20 on the PS4 sons account is setup with a 15 age limit. He is trying to open the game and gets “ One or more users are under the age requirement, or restricted from my career" what makes this over 18 and are there any parts of the game he can play that are under 18 thanks.

riddles wrote: »
    Downloaded NBA 2k 20 on the PS4 sons account is setup with a 15 age limit. He is trying to open the game and gets “ One or more users are under the age requirement, or restricted from my career" what makes this over 18 and are there any parts of the game he can play that are under 18 thanks.

No idea, career mode definitely isn't 18's. Maybe contact 2k support

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Advertisement

NBA 2K20 is on sale for 5 euro on the PSN store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

NBA 2K20 is on sale for 5 euro on the PSN store.

I probably shouldn't have bought it for 6 times that at the start of lockdown!

Are many here still active on it? Havnt had as much time is I thought I would to play but I've got my player up to 83 so I shouldn't be too much of a liability for a few park games some evening.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't have bought it for 6 times that at the start of lockdown!

Are many here still active on it? Havnt had as much time is I thought I would to play but I've got my player up to 83 so I shouldn't be too much of a liability for a few park games some evening.

I think I'm ranked 86 but haven't played park in ages. Between waiting for games, lag, glory holes and people refusing to play with under 90's, i stopped trying. NBA Live do this so much better, straight into street games, no messing.

If you see me on, send me an invite, would gladly team up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I think I'm ranked 86 but haven't played park in ages. Between waiting for games, lag, glory holes and people refusing to play with under 90's, i stopped trying. NBA Live do this so much better, straight into street games, no messing.

If you see me on, send me an invite, would gladly team up.

I havnt had 2K since 2k17 and ican't believe they still are using the old Park/Neighbourhood thing! It was cool for a year or two but I would think 100% of people would prefer just a normal matchmaking system.

For anyone following locker codes in 2k20 (codes you enter for a chance at winning cards), i just won a diamond Michael Jordan rated 95.

Code: mj-the-goat

Saying that, i played 1 game and found it boring. Went back to playing EA NBA Live 18 and it's my favourite BBall game in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So I'm still playing this, and I just spent 2 hours trying to win the dunk contest (which I finally did), and next up was the All-Star game. I was second in voting behind LeBron in both conferences. I was Eastern (red), vs Western (blue), but the scoreboard was reverse, because we were winning/won, but the blue team on the scoreboard won. Also, I only for 8 minutes! Second in voting and I got 8 fricken minutes! Also, Lillard was against me, and I'm on the Trailblazers and have played every other game with him. Something went wrong me thinks!

• Advertisement

So I'm still playing this, and I just spent 2 hours trying to win the dunk contest (which I finally did), and next up was the All-Star game. I was second in voting behind LeBron in both conferences. I was Eastern (red), vs Western (blue), but the scoreboard was reverse, because we were winning/won, but the blue team on the scoreboard won. Also, I only for 8 minutes! Second in voting and I got 8 fricken minutes! Also, Lillard was against me, and I'm on the Trailblazers and have played every other game with him. Something went wrong me thinks!

The All Star game isnt based on regions anymore. The two captains pick the players.

However I did notice an issue with that game myself. There seemed to be some issue with the score when I played it too.

Advertisement