Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Toothbrush. £17.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

This must be the same thing or a very close knock off from Alliexpress.
    Might be good for heads.

€ 19,46 48%OFF | Seago Sonic Electric Toothbrush SG-507 Adult Timer Brush 5 Mode USB Charger Rechargeable Tooth Brushes 8pc Replacement Heads Set
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3hhZN7w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

kneemos wrote: »
    Can only use the Oral B lying down.

Thanks for posting the Sonic toothbrush btw, totally forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Might be good for heads.

€ 19,46 48%OFF | Seago Sonic Electric Toothbrush SG-507 Adult Timer Brush 5 Mode USB Charger Rechargeable Tooth Brushes 8pc Replacement Heads Set

I got that knock-off from Ali and I'm very happy with it.
    Got it some time ago and charged three times so far.

Finding my teeth quite clean.

Before I had come sonic (forgot make) and OralB rotary.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I have the toothbrush from the OP, bought it 6 months ago and the battery only just died last week - I can't find the charger it's lasted so long. I don't like the massive bulky electric toothbrushes so this looked promising at the price and it's one of the best purchases I've made. Consider this a genuine 5 star review in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Just tried out my new 508 for the first time and I'm really impressed. A more high pitched sound than any previous electric toothbrushes I've used but it works great and my teeth feel really clean.

I got the travel case with it too and it's good quality.

So far so good. Great value at GBP30 all in. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what is the difference between this and an Oral B electric?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's lighter, makes a higher pitched sound but in my opinion and that of many others on here who've purchased it, it's far superior when it comes to cleaning your teeth. A charge also lasts significantly longer, at least a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have this, it's absolutely brilliant. I've had it for 6 months. The interdental attaches are also excellent
    I have always used oral b electric (last one was the 9000) but I'd never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Doge wrote: »
    I went for the FW-508BK model and it arrived today.
    Much less harsh on the gums than my Oral B rotary, and also the toothpaste / spit doesn't roll down the sonic brush and onto my hand like it does with the oral b.

The sensitive is mode very handy for those with sensitive gums also.

Looking forward to getting a month out of the battery too, and the inductive charging in the oral b was a nightmare as it would take the best part of a day and only last me 2 weeks max.

The Chinese brands use far superior lithium ion batteries these compared to the big companies,
    A while back I bought a hair clipper with removable lithium ion battery and usb charging and I have yet to charge the thing!

Can I ask, has yours got 3 or 5 modes? Mine arrived, 508 on the box which I presumed was the one with 5 modes but only has 3 modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

markc1184 wrote: »
    Can I ask, has yours got 3 or 5 modes? Mine arrived, 508 on the box which I presumed was the one with 5 modes but only has 3 modes.
    They are probably including on and off as modes :)
    Great toothbrush for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's the 507 model that has the five modes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_fFXWCb5FKGGG8

3 modes on mine also. The box is a lie. :P

I don't know what you would use the massage mode for, I just use the sensitive mode as my gums aren't the best.

For people with sensitive gums these are great, with the oral B there was a bit of blood each time, but I would sort of rush it.

If I rush with this there's no blood whatsoever.

I have the toothbrush from the OP, bought it 6 months ago and the battery only just died last week - I can't find the charger it's lasted so long. I don't like the massive bulky electric toothbrushes so this looked promising at the price and it's one of the best purchases I've made. Consider this a genuine 5 star review in any case.

You should be able to get a replacement cable easily.

Search for USB to DC plug on AliExpress.

I might measure the internal and external diameter of the DC barrel later and try and find the specific one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

That makes sense then as to why there is only 3 on mine. I could have swore I read 5 modes in the description but I must have mixed up the 2.

I ordered one on thursday evening and it arrived this morning. Pretty quick for free shipping.

Any good? What are you comparing it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What was the 'normal' price for this product? And is it as good as the reviews say, would buyers recommend it over regular electric brushes?
    It's always around the 20 quid mark, this is normal price for it. I know cos I got one last summer. I would definitely recommend it to a normal electric tooth brush, ended up getting the wife one too.
    what is the difference between this and an Oral B electric?
    The way it moves is different to the bog standard electric tooth brush. It doesn't have that moving part on the brushhead. Way more expensive oral b electric brushes work the same way. These bristles move tiny amounts but at a really high frequency. Feels very weird the first few times but I wouldn't use the old fashioned type again, these feel much much better. Holds the charge for way longer too. Probably a youtube video on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kavo89

recommend the toothbrush. Always bit suspicious when moving away from the big brands like Oral B, but this toothbrush for the price is great.

Have had an oral b about year and this is miles better. better clean and the inter-dental head brush does a great job getting to those hard to reach places.

Recommend. thanks to whoever posted original post.

• Advertisement

Used this for the first time this morning and i was impressed. Very different to my Oral B but my teeth do feel very clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Another +1 on this. Had been using the bog standard Oral B electric till I bought this one which arrived yesterday. The brush is way better than the Oral B, it just leave your teeth feeling much cleaner. Its funny as I once said the same thing about the Oral B over manual brushing but now this product is another level up. Well worth the price, I might buy a second one just to have the interdental brush on it all the time rather than the hassle of switching over the heads.

Thanks again OP, great recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Anyone know if this has a pressure sensor?

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this has a pressure sensor?

My model with the 3 buttons does not. But it's not really necessary as it does less damage then the oral Bs. Even a light touch is all that's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Lightning deal on at the minute....Sonic Toothbrush, Fairywill Electric Toothbrush Clean Teeth Like a Dentist Rechargeable 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use 5 Optional Modes for Juniors and Adults,3 Replacement Heads Black(FW-507) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LbX0CbSJYA5SC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Lightning deal on at the minute....Sonic Toothbrush, Fairywill Electric Toothbrush Clean Teeth Like a Dentist Rechargeable 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use 5 Optional Modes for Juniors and Adults,3 Replacement Heads Black(FW-507) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MNM8HXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LbX0CbSJYA5SC

Cheers for that. Think I just got it in the nick of time. Saw I was eligible for Amazon Prime trial so free delivery. Just under €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just bought one of these in a flash sale on Amazon, 15.50£.

Already have one of these Oral-B SmartSeries 6500... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LMDWOEO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share, so am not sure what to expect.

So after a month and a day I noticed the led go red towards the end of brushing with the Sonic Toothbrush.

I was using it more than twice a day and longer than the suggested timer for each session, that's impressive!

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it lasts after that red light comes on?

I have mine changing now but it would be handy to know how much longer you could get out of it if you were on holidays or something.
    Thanks again to the OP for such an awesome deal.

I had the 3200 oral b one and this thing wipes the floor with it. Great toothbrush and so light with a charge thats ideal for hols. Teeth feel way cleaner too. Good buy, my wife got one then after all my talking about it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Might be good for heads.

Bought this n very impressed, even arrived quickly wgich is a miracle off aliexpress! Cheers

Advertisement