Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi board for arcade

Options
  • 12-03-2019 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

ITEM: Game Elf 500-in-1 board
    POST\COLLECTION: whichever is handiest
    PRICE: using your brain (free!)

As I posted before, the game elf is hit and miss. I've tried a few of the games, but dungeons and dragons, alien versus predator and rtype are working 100%. That's worth it, right?

If the mods don't mind, instead of a boring "free thread", lets play a game! Everyone likes a riddle. So heres the deal, add the two answers together, and whoever posts the correct number first wins (or can nominate who gets it) :)

No random guessers, you have to explain yourself, but be careful about giving others clues!

Here we go...

The concert was a real surprise! Not much happened for the first half hour, but then all hell broke loose. But how many musicians were on stage? Just don't forget to add the special effects dude!

Have a crack at this one, but don't go digging in the wrong place. If you want to bask in the sunlight of knowledge, walk like an Egyptian (and measure like one, too). Just don't make the same mistake as those german guys, pay a bit more respect, okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

No idea on the first although I think it might be something to do with a band influenced by vertebrae?

Second one I know...I always respect the gods

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha yeh the first one i cant figure out either. 2nd one is Burned into my .. brain i watched it so much!

Ok i give up on this my head is wrecked haha, personally i think the first one is something to do with Waynes World 2, i could be way off but just the "special effects" thing and the concert, hell breaking loose made me think of it.. Ive no idea of a number it could be (and its probably nothing to do with it) and cant think anymore haha

I wont mention the second one for people who havent guessed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

You'll be sitting on the toilet or something and it'll hit you like a revelation :P

Ill go with 55, this morning i think the first one is return of the jedi, . ill explain that if its the right answer! ive been staring at it the last half an hour trying to figure it out.

• Advertisement

No star wars at all I'm afraid.

I'm telling you, you'll be having an apocalyptic dump when it will hit you like a revelation ;)

my head is wrecked now, back to the future? 5 and marty so 6? haha i give up. 65

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

1. Apocalypse Now?
    2. Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Edit -

Apocalypse Now had a slow start, followed by the Ride of the Valkyries scene and a weird concert in the middle somewhere. Is the ‘Dude’ a reference to the ‘Johnny Don’t Surf’ scene?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I know the second one, and they are a four piece, and break like the wind.
    The first one I think features a little tape I wanna play, and there was nine, and with the SFX guy does that make ten?
    So, total, fourteen?

Seems like the first one is giving trouble!

Last clue today (including comments above), it's not related to films at all. At this rate doomsday will be heralded in before someone guesses correctly :)

• Advertisement

It’s not The Rolling Stones is it ? 6 ?

Master of the Universe

It’s not The Rolling Stones is it ? 6 ?

Are you thinking of the Altamont Free Cocert with the Hell's Angels?

yeh! with the hells angels doing security, free concert, all hell breaks loose.. they also have a album cover with a toilet on it. I dunno, i just want to know at this stage !

Sorry, that's not it! Oh man, Im sure I haven't made it too hard, you'll kick yourself when you see it.

All the clues are there, its not mega obscure. Someones gonna get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

just to be clear : these are bands you're looking for and how many members are in each ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably some famous concert album.
    Best of which has to be Live and Dangerous....

Metallica and the Carpenters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Tenacious D.

It's not literally a "concert", it's not a music band, it's not a film. It's in a really old book.

Come on guys!

The bible? 7 trumpets? plus 5 for the second one = 13 ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

maybe 12?

Master of the Universe

Something to do with the Ark of the Covenant itself?

I'm starting to feel like one of the melty head Nazis in the film trying to figure this out :pac:

Winner winner, chicken dinner!! The answer is 13, correct :)

So now to explain...

The first riddle/puzzle was...

"The concert was a real surprise! Not much happened for the first half hour, but then all hell broke loose. But how many musicians were on stage? Just don't forget to add the special effects dude!"

So compare the puzzle with this excerpt from the book of revelations

When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
    2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
    3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

So, 7 trumpets, and the "special effects dude" with the censer = 8

Gave plenty of clues about "herald doomsday", "revelations", "apocalypse" and so on. And "surprise" is a synonym for revelation :P
    2nd riddle/puzzle was...

"Have a crack at this one, but don't go digging in the wrong place. If you want to bask in the sunlight of knowledge, walk like an Egyptian (and measure like one, too). Just don't make the same mistake as those german guys, pay a bit more respect, okay?"

Is in reference to Indiana jones. "crack" as in whip, "sunlight as in "staff of Ra", the Nazis, and the measurement in Kadam's etc. "This mean 6 kadam height, WAIT! And take back one kadam to honour the Hebrew god who's ark this is"

So, 6 minus 1 = 5

Heres the scene...

So, 8 + 5 =13, Optimus wins! Just PM me your address and I'll even cover postage.

I might do this again soon, bit of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Jesus, wasnt even close to any of that

Master of the Universe

I can safely say you could have given me until the end of time and I'd still never have gotten that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

beejee wrote: »
    All the clues are there, its not mega obscure.

I'd have to question this quote :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement