Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

3d4life wrote: »
    Alternate avatar ?

bright-eyed-bushy-tailed.jpg

;)

I read an article where a woman in america threw old pears out onto the garden for the birds to eat. A squirrel came and took a pear into a tree to eat. After a while the squirrel came down again but was unsteady on its feet. The woman then realised that the pears must have fermented and the squirrel had become intoxicated as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Demonique wrote: »
    I read an article where a woman in america threw old pears out onto the garden for the birds to eat. A squirrel came and took a pear into a tree to eat. After a while the squirrel came down again but was unsteady on its feet. The woman then realised that the pears must have fermented and the squirrel had become intoxicated as a result

This regularly happens in my parent's garden. Blackbirds get a bit tipsy on the apples, particularly the older ones that have fallen off the tree a few days earlier. They actually get quite aggressive when tipsy!

On topic, just had Toblerone and a Diet Coke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Homemade soup and sambo, proper job for a cold day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Homemade soup and sambo, proper job for a cold day.

Mighty stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Fried egg and mash I'd have very often. Comfort food. Usually have it for breakie or lunch.:eek: Always leftover mash from the night before. I sometimes fry it in the pan. Runny egg all over it.:eek:

Potato and fried/poached egg is a match made in heaven. Cooked potato, left go cold, then sliced and fried works particularly well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Liquified grapes,lol.

We shared a pimped up thin and crispy frozen pizza with some homemade oven cooked spicy wedges and garlic mayo dip while young mouth almighty murdered the rest of the loaf of bread and two big bowls of stew.

He's contemplating a letter of complaint to Cadbury's because of the shambles of the Hero's advent calendar. It's not bad enough the sweets are tiny but the crunchie he got today was just plain chocolate. He reckons it's a fancily packaged scam to get rid of factory seconds, he is so like his grandparents on my side it's scary.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

IMG-20201203-191716.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We shared a pimped up thin and crispy frozen pizza with some homemade oven cooked spicy wedges and garlic mayo dip while young mouth almighty murdered the rest of the loaf of bread and two big bowls of stew.

He's contemplating a letter of complaint to Cadbury's because of the shambles of the Hero's advent calendar. It's not bad enough the sweets are tiny but the crunchie he got today was just plain chocolate. He reckons it's a fancily packaged scam to get rid of factory seconds, he is so like his grandparents on my side it's scary.

Ms G has one and nicked a small chomp a couple of weeks ago. A pricey item. Its on the landing window. Not sure she has touched it since. I'll need to investigate and taste. But jaysus they are small. Can't see how they would get the filling into the crunchie.

Breakie was a fried egg, black and white pudding roulade with toast from Aldi. Very tasty. Ms G had chicken goujons and chips. Mrs G had chilli with Cheese and nachos. Batch made it today to keep her happy. I have a second fillet steak left over from yesterday. Gonna have that with mash and garden peas. If I fancy pepper sauce I have some nice Aldi sachets there. If not, it will be bisto. Dessert was and will be a slice of triple chocolate swiss roll from Aldi. For 1.80 its fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

My dinner today was a ham and cheese toasted wrap with lashings of Coleman mustard. For an undeserved treat I am having a double portion of Glenien farm lemon cheesecake with a cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Caramelised onion and goats cheese tartlets.

Takeaway, pizza, chips and peas, very disappointing, pizza looked different to the usual one, very thin and an aftertaste from the ham, chips were also dry and tasteless, I ate because I was starving but I'm regretting it already. Bottle of Rockshore which is my new drink of choice.

Friday night fakeaway, chicken nuggets and hot and spicy prawns from the air fryer, skin on deep fried chips and stir fried mixed veg with blackbean sauce. Had to have the second can of cold Cullen's cider to wash it down, thirsty work.

It's like armageddon outside here all day with wind, rain and snow, had no power for most of the day. Hopefully it'll be nice early in the morning for venison shopping.

I'm late to the party tonight.:D More chili over nachos for Mrs G this evening with loads of cheese. She's in bed since 7.30 pm with her stroke related fatigue. Ms G fancied a Chinese takeaway, so I obliged. She's milled her half and then wanted a long drawn out chat about life, school, star wars, shreck and looney tunes. All the things I gave to her. She's fecked off to chat to a friend online. I'm sinking a few beers and looking forward to my half of the takeaway,

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Yellow veg curry, fried rice, fried potatoes & prawn crackers

Sausage and fried egg sandwich on batch loaf. OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Fresh Christmas brownie cake from Super Valu, squirty cream & strawberries. Cup of coffee.
    (My breakfast treat after being food shopping because I hate food shopping).

The strawberries we absolutely muck though. Crispy, not juicy, & not one bit of a strawberry taste off them. Totally inedible.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

A bowl of Ben and Jerry's sofa so good

Bacon mash and mushy peas. A few beers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

A chicken curry, but instead of rice, I'm using sausage rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Archeron wrote: »
    A chicken curry, but instead of rice, I'm using sausage rolls.

lol..are you serious? I really hope you're serious:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Porklife wrote: »
    lol..are you serious? I really hope you're serious:)

Two giant sausage rolls, covered in onion, breaded chicken breast on top and a covering of curry sauce :)

Archeron wrote: »
    Two giant sausage rolls, covered in onion, breaded chicken breast on top and a covering of curry sauce :)

You can put curry sauce over virtually anything. I remember my Dad pouring curry sauce over sausages, chips and baked beans when I was in my teens. Epic!

A beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Bangers and mash with caramelized red onion gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

aldi salt and vinegar stackers,better than pringles and nicer.well the aldi salt and vinegar ones that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken sausages with hot sauce for breakfast. Very nice fare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Salted Pistachio nuts and Comice Pears. I am preparing a pecan pie for tea. Trying to avoid the Cider in the fridge until midday, it is going to be a long morning. Aspels Dry , I am salivating, I doubt I will last it out.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Salted Pistachio nuts and Comice Pears. I am preparing a pecan pie for tea. Trying to avoid the Cider in the fridge until midday, it is going to be a long morning. Aspels Dry , I am salivating, I doubt I will last it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYY_EaCPGFw

Lol..I'd actually like a drink now after that, damn you Rows.
    Just had coffee, had a slice of madeira with butter waiting for the kettle to boil.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Scots are great, they have some really nice food also. They have a wonderful pub culture they love their sauce.

I went to Edinburgh before and drank Scotch n Irn Bru with ice. I had 5 , they were mighty. I ended up doing a rendition of "whats another year?" to a gang of strangers in a city centre pub, i made up some words. After that all hell broke loose. I was asked to sing it again.

Will ye go lassie go...

Advertisement