Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEM-Medicine Graduate Entry

Options
  • 24-12-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, I'm thinking of going to study medicine after I graduate with my current degree. I'm in 3rd year at the minute and it's a 4 year course. Would I be better off taking a year off to study and sit GAMSAT after I graduate or do it in 4th year? Also what are people's opinions/preferences towards medicine course in Irish universities? Any advice would be great! Cheers!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭spotsanddots

Do the GAMSAT in England in Sept , thats what I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TiredLawGrad

Concentrate on getting the required 2:1 first. Sit gamsat UK in September after your primary degree final exams. At best you'd do well and not have to do it again, at worst you'd have to repeat it, but you'd have gained the experience.
    My preference of the Irish university to attend depends on the cost (fees, travel expenses etc...). The cheaper the cost, the more preferable. After the 4 year course, all students regardless of which university qualify as physicians.

Advertisement