Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC or UL???

Options
  • 09-08-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

For anyone like myself on 56 who didn't get offered a place in UCC, I would call the Admissions office today as if you're high on the waiting list, they can tell you if you will be offered next week! :-)))

I had been hoping for Dublin as I'm from up here but I now have the choice of UL or UCC. I've spoken to current students in both and all love their respective course. I've obviously read the negatives about UL (PBL, no cadavers, etc) but from what I've heard - it sounds quite practical to me. I've actually found it quite hard to find out much about UCC - good or bad!!! There just doesn't seem to be as much written about it on here compared to the other 3 med schools.

Both campuses are lovely...location wise - Limerick is obviously slightly closer but not by much.....I'm coming from a non-science background (haven't done any sciences since the junior cert!)...I want to go down the GP route.......so if anyone has any advice/recommendation/insight into pros/cons of both med schools - I would really appreciate it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dublindoctor

You will probably end up spending half the money on rent etc in UL than living in Cork, so if money is any issue I'd pick UL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 riversrock

Im waiting to get into UL. All the places in UL have been filled but they expect the other colleges to make offers so if people except all on 53 will get into UL. Will people except UCC over UL. Do you think RCSI will offer to people on 56?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dublindoctor

subsuquent rounds usually drop by a point or so, but usually random selection, so you could get RCSI

Advertisement