Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Platinum is a fair achievement, give the chap a break. I know some people are hell bent on 100%ing games and that's fine. As far as I'm concerned when you're on the PS, the plat is the pinnacle. Anything more is therapy territory :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

mj2017 wrote: »
    Yes, remaking RE2 is quite impressive. Love so much every detail of the game. Don't you want to get other trophies in Ghost Survivor like the Mr. Raccoon trophy?

Maybe if I revisit the game further down the line, that might be something I go for. I enjoy the 4th/Ghost Survivor modes, but the only reason I went for the platinum was because I was enjoying playing/replaying the main story game so much. These modes however, it seems like you'll just be in a loop of the same short path, same enemies, same locations, same ammo/health just repeatedly until you have it down. The main game was starting to feel a bit repetitive given how many times I had to play through it. I imagine those modes would be far worse.

The other modes are fun enough, but given how much time I did spend going for the platinum, I think I'm pretty much done with the game for a while. The platinum gave me a good solid finish line to cross. Going for the DLC trophies would feel like doing a lap of honour. I'd rather just lie on the ground :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Got the no herb/1st aid spray trophy last night with Claire.

Alos managed to get up to 13 of 15 of the Mr Racoons, I think the only ones I'm missing now are two Leon/Adas story.

If not, I'll drive myself mad looking for them. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

15's not too bad. I always remember the horror of picking up the final drugs package in GTA III to leave me on 99/100

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Got the no herb/1st aid spray trophy last night with Claire.

Alos managed to get up to 13 of 15 of the Mr Racoons, I think the only ones I'm missing now are two Leon/Adas story.

If not, I'll drive myself mad looking for them. :o

Don't do it to yourself.

Here is the guide I'm using. I've to grab two more myself.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/15/resident-evil-2-remake-mr-raccoon-locations/

Don't do it to yourself.

At least when you revisit areas, you can see whether you got that one or not. The files are a killer because there's no real way of checking which ones you do or don't have. I had to reload saves from previous playthroughs, check off which ones I had from there, and even then I wasn't completely sure.

Don't do it to yourself.

Ya, I used that, I cleared out 4 general Mr Racoons and 1 specific to Claire in the orphange i would have never got and I'm now up to 13/15.

Looking at the list, I'd bet I'm missing the one right after the croc and during Adas run in the boiler room.

Might do a Leon Speed Run to get those two this afternoon, infinite knife would be very handy.

Penn wrote: »
    At least when you revisit areas, you can see whether you got that one or not. The files are a killer because there's no real way of checking which ones you do or don't have. I had to reload saves from previous playthroughs, check off which ones I had from there, and even then I wasn't completely sure.

I think I've 53 out of the 58 files and I'm pretty stumped at what I missed too.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I used that, I cleared out 4 general Mr Racoons and 1 specific to Claire in the orphange i would have never got and I'm now up to 13/15.

Looking at the list, I'd bet I'm missing the one right after the croc and during Adas run in the boiler room.

Might do a Leon Speed Run to get those two this afternoon, infinite knife would be very handy.

I think there's one or two exclusive to the B scenario. One right at the very start anyway so very easy to pick up, then save and exit if you like.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think I've 53 out of the 58 files and I'm pretty stumped at what I missed too.

4 of the main ones I missed were in the B runs; Leon's notes to Claire in Stars office and beside Cable car, and Claire's same notes to Leon. I think because they're in the B runs they're easier to miss because it's mostly the same files everywhere else.

Only good thing is all the files in the game have different names (bar the Uses of Gunpowder notes each get, which have the same name but are different notes because of the different ammo they make for each character), so if you have previous saves from other playthroughs, you can check which ones you have. Both characters also have one file in their inventory from the start which needs to be read. Also, one I've read a lot of people miss is the computer in the lab presentation room. Only can be read with the third ID bracelet, so most miss it because the first time you pass through there you can't access it.

I think there's one or two exclusive to the B scenario. One right at the very start anyway so very easy to pick up, then save and exit if you like.

I've got that one, using that technique. :pac:
    4 of the main ones I missed were in the B runs; Leon's notes to Claire in Stars office and beside Cable car, and Claire's same notes to Leon. I think because they're in the B runs they're easier to miss because it's mostly the same files everywhere else.

Only good thing is all the files in the game have different names (bar the Uses of Gunpowder notes each get, which have the same name but are different notes because of the different ammo they make for each character), so if you have previous saves from other playthroughs, you can check which ones you have. Both characters also have one file in their inventory from the start which needs to be read. Also, one I've read a lot of people miss is the computer in the lab presentation room. Only can be read with the third ID bracelet, so most miss it because the first time you pass through there you can't access it.

Ya, I think thats where most of them are, I ran through the B scenario with Leon and didnt pick up much of anything along the way. :o

I've yet to do Claire B so ill check her run.

• Advertisement

• Patch released as my Xbox one x just updated

Anyone know what it's about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Probably just the usual polish, and patching glitches. With 1.03 they'd almost stopped the air walking glitches, making them much harder to carry out, and making the old sewer one impossible, but the room with the king/queen pieces and the weapon was found to still be glitchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is it true Leon can't enter the records room ? I heard only Claire can get the required key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is it true Leon can't enter the records room ? I heard only Claire can get the required key
    He can, you need the club key. Claire can get in from the other entrance with the heart key. You need to go in there to progress.

They can both enter it as there's an item in it they'll both need, but they unlock different doors to get into it. Leon uses the club key to enter from the West hallway. Claire uses the Heart key to enter from the room between the Records room and Operations room.

Claire has an easier time to get in to that room.

Leon, you're stuck going the long way around with Mr X on your tail and a hallway full of zombies and the odd licker.

stuck in an area late in the game. Dropped into a kitchen from an overhead shaft but there's no way back up . Out side the kitchen there's an access denied door to the left to the right is a room with a panel with the words MUF

stuck in an area late in the game. Dropped into a kitchen from an overhead shaft but there's no way back up . Out side the kitchen there's an access denied door to the left to the right is a room with a panel with the words MUF
    In the room with the panel, there's an arm sticking out of one of the pods on the side wall. You get an ID chip from it (which opens Level II doors). Combine it with the ID bracelet you got from Ada/Sherry (which already has a Level I chip in it) and it'll allow you to open the door back into the hallway and other Level II doors. Later you'll get a Level III chip which will open more doors too.
    The panel with MUF on it, later you'll pick up an item that allows you to interact with those panels (there are similar panels elsewhere in the lab). If you return here later with that item and use it, it'll open the pods and there'll be some items you might want that could come in handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I only found the 3 medallions to exit the cop shop yesterday. What percentage of the game have I completed roughly? It's huge

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I only found the 3 medallions to exit the cop shop yesterday. What percentage of the game have I completed roughly? It's huge

Maybe 20%. Some of the rest might go a bit quicker as you'd be more familiar with the layout of the RPD now, and you do return here for another while (to open new doors/areas). And there's not as much backtracking in some of the later areas you have yet to reach. But yeah, you're still early in the game so far. After a few plays and knowing where to go to get required items, most people can get to the point you're at now in about 15 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jarvinholmes

nice post .

Maybe 20%. Some of the rest might go a bit quicker as you'd be more familiar with the layout of the RPD now, and you do return here for another while (to open new doors/areas). And there's not as much backtracking in some of the later areas you have yet to reach. But yeah, you're still early in the game so far. After a few plays and knowing where to go to get required items, most people can get to the point you're at now in about 15 minutes :D

Took me about 5 hours

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Took me about 5 hours

The first bit is definitely the longest, especially on first playthrough. A lot of people's first runs were 6-8 hours. I know on my first playthrough I spent ages in the RPD but when it came to the later areas, I bombed through them quick enough. You become more atuned at not trying to collect everything and knowing when to avoid danger rather than trying to work your way around it.

So long as you're still enjoying it, take as long as you need.

Just finished the game

Finally completed it as Leon. Is it worth playing as Claire or trying the other game modes or just trade in now while it has decent value

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,543 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd try the other scenario as Clare. It's well worth a go.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished the second scenario. Still disappointed with the NEST section as felt it was more substantial than the original.

Overall I loved the game, really great remake although there's a slight tinge of disappointment. I'd still highly recommend it but it's now where near the dizzying fun and craziness of Acec Combat 7 which will take an amazing game to knock off my current favourite game of the year list.

Also was really delighted to see the extra modes open up after I finished. Some really substantial extra content there that would normally be DLC in lesser games. Capcom really are great at the moment.

Finished 4th Survivor which was fun to figure out, tried Tofu... noped out of it. I'll play through the other scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finished the second scenario. Still disappointed with the NEST section as felt it was more substantial than the original.

Overall I loved the game, really great remake although there's a slight tinge of disappointment. I'd still highly recommend it but it's now where near the dizzying fun and craziness of Acec Combat 7 which will take an amazing game to knock off my current favourite game of the year list.

Also was really delighted to see the extra modes open up after I finished. Some really substantial extra content there that would normally be DLC in lesser games. Capcom really are great at the moment.

Finished 4th Survivor which was fun to figure out, tried Tofu... noped out of it. I'll play through the other scenarios.

The nest section was actually expanded more with all the bigger plant locations and extra rooms

If you play the original again it’s not as big as you may remember

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

I watched the review and heard in some forums that if you go through the game for 3-5 times on the high complexity of the available, new and new endings will open. There are those who pass on the speed and can confirm this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,543 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Liam128 wrote: »
    I watched the review and heard in some forums that if you go through the game for 3-5 times on the high complexity of the available, new and new endings will open. There are those who pass on the speed and can confirm this?

That doesn't sound right. I'd say that you'd be better off looking on Youtube to be honest even if they do exist.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Liam128 wrote: »

No. I've seen speedrunners get the same endings as everyone else. Leon A, Leon B, Claire A and Claire B, regardless of rank or difficulty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think this is along the lines of playing as Goro in Mortal Kombat.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Beating scenario A unlocks the scenario B story-line.

Finishing scenario B with either character has whats referred to as the true ending after a 5th boss battle that does not occur in scenario A.

Completing both scenario A and B once with either or both characters unlocks the 4th Survivor mode which is canon from a main story-line perspective.

Completing the 4th Survivor unlocks the Tofu Survivor a non canon more difficult version of the 4th Survivor, beating Tofu Survivor unlocks 2 more Tofu characters with different weapon load outs to use in the same mode and beating Tofu Survivor with either of those additional characters unlocks 2 more Tofu characters.

The Ghost Survivors mode is 4 small non canon story-lines. The only unlocks in this are 15 cosmetic items and 1 item that rewards infinite ammo when equipped in the Ghost Survivors mode.

Here is a list of unlockables for the main story-line
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638211985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just finished Leon A , first try in 6 hoursish enjoyed it.

Didn't expect it to be so short.

On to Claire B now to get the real ending, memory like a goldfish trying to remember where things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

I'm going to play this again, planning to get S+ Rank on both Leon and Claire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Playing this again now, definitely my game of the year. This remake is definitely the scariest piece of entertainment in the last decade. Mr x's loud footsteps were actually in the dream I had last night, he's one scary fooker and I don't have enough ammo to waste on slowing him down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Greyfox wrote: »
    Playing this again now, definitely my game of the year. This remake is definitely the scariest piece of entertainment in the last decade. Mr x's loud footsteps were actually in the dream I had last night, he's one scary fooker and I don't have enough ammo to waste on slowing him down

I was hiding from him in the clock tower and all I could hear was his footsteps and the sound of doors opening and closing. It filled me with terror knowing he was looking for me and eventually finding me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mr X is one scary ####er. Literally made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I read there's some PC mod where they have inserted the IT clown in for Mr X, no way I'm gonna open that video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I was hiding from him in the clock tower and all I could hear was his footsteps and the sound of doors opening and closing. It filled me with terror knowing he was looking for me and eventually finding me.

Think the clock tower is a safe space from him....doesn't make it any less scary when you hear him mooching around outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Back in the PlayStation days of RE2 and RE3 nemises I could handle the constant stalker as I had plenty of ammo and I'd cleared rooms of enemies. Running from Mr x just now I ran into the storage room where you get the large cog and forgot there where 2 zombies in there that I didn't think I needed to kill and walking quietly past the lickers is so tense with Mr x close behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I still think it was a big mistake to put Mr. X in the A senarios. Makes an already short police station even more rushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Just started into this tonight. Very impressed so far but only a couple of hours in. Never finished a RE game so hopefully this will be my first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Greyfox wrote: »
    Back in the PlayStation days of RE2 and RE3 nemises I could handle the constant stalker as I had plenty of ammo and I'd cleared rooms of enemies. Running from Mr x just now I ran into the storage room where you get the large cog and forgot there where 2 zombies in there that I didn't think I needed to kill and walking quietly past the lickers is so tense with Mr x close behind

Do the lickers attack Mr X? Or if zombies get in his way does he take care of them?

• Do the lickers attack Mr X? Or if zombies get in his way does he take care of them?

Eh, I think he just stomps past them but it's been a while since I've played

I'm near certain he doesn't kill the lickers

I think I've seen him knock zombies out of the way alright, but don't think he hits lickers.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr X yet, I'm hoping he didn't ship with my copy of the game and he's some form of optional DLC :D

Worst I've came across so far is a Licker which I crept around like a geriatric, presume your only supposed to engage these things if you have to. Great game so far though, just finished the Goddess Statue puzzle.

Just finished this with Leon. Fantastic game, really enjoyed it. Without spoiling anything, is there much difference in doing a second play through with Claire?

skerry wrote: »
    Just finished this with Leon. Fantastic game, really enjoyed it. Without spoiling anything, is there much difference in doing a second play through with Claire?

Not hugely for the most part. You go through some different areas and use some different weapons, and the B scenario has a few differences too in general. Still worth playing though.

• Advertisement

Not hugely for the most part. You go through some different areas and use some different weapons, and the B scenario has a few differences too in general. Still worth playing though.

Cool, will definitely play through again with her at some stage so. Will give it a break for a bit and move on to Dragon Quest 11 and maybe get back then. Surprised how much I enjoyed it. I bought RE7 a while back but never got into it, just give it another try.

Advertisement