Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded Megadrive 1. What cable to use?

Options
  • 02-12-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought a Megadrive off someone on here at least a year ago. Unfortunately I had a lot on so it went to the attic for a Christmas and then I forgot about it... until now!

I took the Xmas tree down and the Megadrive was calling.

The cable it came with is the old school is it RF one? Goes into the antenna yolk at the back.

With my telly I just connected it to the telly and switch the view to that view and there it was. No tuning needed which I was surprised at. Sound works and picture came out in widescreen which in sure I could change to 4:3.

So anyway it's working but I don't know I think it doesn't look 100% right outside of the ratio the colour looks a bit muddy.

Console goods to a scart cable with stereo.

Would that be better than the current cable yes?

The console is a modded Megadrive 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sugarman wrote: »
    RGB Scart cable for best quality, Consolegoods are decent but theres a cheaper seller on ebay I always use for much the same cables. Hellfire Trading is their name. UK based and ship next day.

I think it's just under £10 sterling which j would have thought isn't too bad if it's an improvement in picture etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RF is gross. Get a scart cable. I'll vouch for consolegoods as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    RF is gross. Get a scart cable. I'll vouch for consolegoods as well.

Went with consolegoods. Mainly as I had dealt with them in the past.

After doing some youtubing there I can see what you mean about gross. I didn't realise there'd be such a difference!

Hopefully I'll get the cable pre Xmas.

Advertisement