Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish family evicted and replaced by migrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

railer201 wrote: »
    Going back to 70's Ireland everyone with an average job had access to a home, either purchase or rental. One wage earner could afford the repayments on a 3 bed house in the Dublin area, the general rule for borrowing then was 2.5 times salary. Monthly mortgage repayments amounted to about 1 weeks pay. Local authority housing was generally available to those who might not be able to purchase a private house for whatever reason. House rental would have been a short term measure only and certainly not the salary sucker it is now.

When people say this is now a prosperous country I just wonder in light of the present housing crisis how exactly this is so for the majority of people with average jobs, if they can't afford to put a roof over their heads ?

Or are we just prosperous compared to the other disadvantaged countries ? In such case the the term 'better of' rather than ''prosperous' would seem more appropriate.

In addition there was a plethora of flats and bedsits available back in the 70's too, and might I add no hospital queues.

Most people are living somewhere. Your description of how things are does not match up with what is shown on the Census. Not only can over half a million get a mortgage for somewhere to live, but even more than that own their houses outright.

And there are tens of thousands of empty houses. Plus over half a million properties are in the hands of someone who owns more than one property. That is shown by the Property Tax statistics.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp1hii/cp1hii/

mammajamma wrote: »
    There's some gigantic chasm between the reported "good news" and observed reality.

Records being broken left right and centre, highest number ever on hospital trolleys, highest rents ever (reported just tonight), over 40% of workers considered to be in "unstable, at risk" employment, 100% national debt ratios and on and on.

But we are somehow, inextricably, "booming"!!

I don't recognise that 100% debt figure. Where does it come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Most people are living somewhere. Your description of how things are does not match up with what is shown on the Census. Not only can over half a million get a mortgage for somewhere to live, but even more than that own their houses outright.

And there are tens of thousands of empty houses. Plus over half a million properties are in the hands of someone who owns more than one property. That is shown by the Property Tax statistics.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp1hii/cp1hii/

He made a mistake by saying most couldn't put a roof over their heads.

The actual problem is affordability, and that's practically invisible in statistics. I know of some people who are paying such rents for ordinary places that they are left with practically nothing at the end of the month. Decent wages too.

So they CAN afford it, but nothing else. That's not prosperity, that's practically medieval.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

There's some gigantic chasm between the reported "good news" and observed reality.

Records being broken left right and centre, highest number ever on hospital trolleys, highest rents ever (reported just tonight), over 40% of workers considered to be in "unstable, at risk" employment, 100% national debt ratios and on and on.

But we are somehow, inextricably, "booming"!!

I understand people want to put the best gloss on things but let's not fool ourselves at the same time - observed reality is certainly telling us different.

I don't recognise that 100% debt figure. Where does it come from?

"The debt to GDP ratio admitted to by the NTMA stood at 68% at the end of 2017. Economists argue that this figure is misleading and the country’s true debt to GDP ratio is probably more like 106%. No one disputes the debt amount. However, the traditional method calculating GDP breaks down in Ireland. This is because the country attracted a lot of foreign multinational companies to make their EU base in Ireland by offering tax exemptions. As a result of this, many US companies run their entire EU revenue through their Irish offices even when the work that earned that money was actually performed in other countries. An example of this distortion of GDP figures occured in 2016, when the Central Statistics Office reported Ireland’s GDP had grown by 26.3% in 2015."

Anything to say about the other records like health service, employment stability or housing?

He made a mistake by saying most couldn't put a roof over their heads.

The actual problem is affordability, and that's practically invisible in statistics. I know of some people who are paying such rents for ordinary places that they are left with practically nothing at the end of the month. Decent wages too.

So they CAN afford it, but nothing else. That's not prosperity, that's practically medieval.

I was in that boat back in the day. My mortgage went up from what would be the equivalent now of €1000 increasing to €1600 a month within a few months of my purchase. Mortgage interest rates were consistently in double figures, and I remember mine being at 18%. I can't remember any golden age for "getting on the ladder".

I have had some dealings with the public health service, and thankfully everything was very efficient and I was not left languishing in some hellhole, which is the picture presented by the media. Just wait until January for the end of the world hysteria about 700 people out of a population of nearly five million being on a trolley bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

I was in that boat back in the day. My mortgage went up from what would be the equivalent now of €1000 increasing to €1600 a month within a few months of my purchase. Mortgage interest rates were consistently in double figures, and I remember mine being at 18%. I can't remember any golden age for "getting on the ladder".

The difference between now and back then is that there was a structural change in Ireland's prosperity and a lot more opportunity. And decent real wage gains. Now, not so much.

PMvzRPo.jpg

GAHrPAG.png

Joining the € also helped to pin down mortgage rates at artificially low levels at a time of rampant asset price inflation which was a huge boon to anyone on the property ladder back then.

I have had some dealings with the public health service, and thankfully everything was very efficient and I was not left languishing in some hellhole, which is the picture presented by the media. Just wait until January for the end of the world hysteria about 700 people out of a population of nearly five million being on a trolley bed.

What sort of a mortgage were you on ? My interest rate was fixed and inflation devalued the mortgage quite nicely over the first few years. The main point was that for an average house the monthly repayments were very affordable approximating to one weeks pay for a person in an average job.

In the 70's it was indeed a golden age for getting on the ladder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

i remember that. but it wasnt for that long. interest rates did stabilise after that and times were very prosperous for buying a house. but the thing is we could afford to buy a house and pay the mortgage on a low wage. i did. my wife raised the kids. my kids now have no chance of having our lifestyle. i wouldnt want them to have a life where they work only to have a roof over their heads and thats all. its bull**** now. and you know it, so its not very nice trying to describe it as something its not.

• Advertisement

Oh be serious. I already gave a simple example of one person affording a home, on their own, in the early 90's, everything paid off within 8 years. Yet you cant remember a "golden time". Maybe youre 15 years old. You know what we didn't have in the 90's and early 2000's? Very little inward migration, and very few multinationals, otherwise known as the cornerstones of globalisation. Go figure.

As for statistics, youre asking for them on the one hand, and then readily dismissing them on the other. You know what that is, that's picking and choosing. AKA bias.

The facts of the matter are that housing, health and affordability are getting measurably, statistically worse, ith no sign of improvement, and every sign of the trend continuing. Simple as that.

Short term solution: reduce numbers of people. This is made very easy by the fact that there are huge numbers of people living here that aren't even from here. That short term solution allows breathing room (and mere possibility) to start fixing things long term.

Like it or lump it, these realities are going to come crashing across the world sooner or later. No harm in being prudent and conscientious of facts, every harm in playing dumb.

What sort of a mortgage were you on ? My interest rate was fixed and inflation devalued the mortgage quite nicely over the first few years. The main point was that for an average house the monthly repayments were very affordable approximating to one weeks pay for a person in an average job.

In the 70's it was indeed a golden age for getting on the ladder.

There was only one sort of mortgage, variable rate, and the only source of mortgages was building societies. A person had to save enough for a period to demonstrate that they would be capable of making repayments each month for 20 or 25 years, and they had to provide a substantial deposit.

If it was easier back then, it would probably be linked to the fact that the population in 1970 was less than 3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I have a number of rental properties and as a rule I only rent to foreigners. Preferably Eastern Europeans.

None of the properties are in particularly attractive areas. With the Irish it's all talk about HAP, their entitlements, spurting out kids without any notice. Wrecking the house and wrecking my head.

Eastern European lads keep the place in good nick. They are handy at DIY so fix anything that is broken themselves. They always pay the rent on time, and always is CASH most importantly. No bolloxing around with forms and social welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Going back to 70's Ireland everyone with an average job had access to a home, either purchase or rental. One wage earner could afford the repayments on a 3 bed house in the Dublin area, the general rule for borrowing then was 2.5 times salary. Monthly mortgage repayments amounted to about 1 weeks pay. Local authority housing was generally available to those who might not be able to purchase a private house for whatever reason. House rental would have been a short term measure only and certainly not the salary sucker it is now.

When people say this is now a prosperous country I just wonder in light of the present housing crisis how exactly this is so for the majority of people with average jobs, if they can't afford to put a roof over their heads ?

Or are we just prosperous compared to the other disadvantaged countries ? In such case the the term 'better of' rather than ''prosperous' would seem more appropriate.

In addition there was a plethora of flats and bedsits available back in the 70's too, and might I add no hospital queues.

Every country has homelessness and always will.

It’s survival of the fittest out there unfortunately.

That’s life.

There was only one sort of mortgage, variable rate, and the only source of mortgages was building societies. A person had to save enough for a period to demonstrate that they would be capable of making repayments each month for 20 or 25 years, and they had to provide a substantial deposit.

If it was easier back then, it would probably be linked to the fact that the population in 1970 was less than 3 million.

My first mortage was a local authority mortgage issued by Dublin Co Council, second a short time later an AIB mortgage. This was early to mid 70's. Both were fixed rate. I know this as the payments never varied - I still have the details of the bank mortgage.

I have a number of rental properties and as a rule I only rent to foreigners. Preferably Eastern Europeans.

None of the properties are in particularly attractive areas. With the Irish it's all talk about HAP, their entitlements, spurting out kids without any notice. Wrecking the house and wrecking my head.

Eastern European lads keep the place in good nick. They are handy at DIY so fix anything that is broken themselves. They always pay the rent on time, and always is CASH most importantly. No bolloxing around with forms and social welfare.

Ah yes, the great symbol of the current status quo, the tax-dodging landlord who'll pay fook all into the running of the country, disregard irish people in favour of non-irish because they don't make a "fuss" (our standards must be brought DOWN I tell you!)

May I present to you the globalist. Yes, even old mr paddy-whack is out to grab at the expense of others. He'll be there for the hospitals though when he needs them, or maybe not if he can use his tax-dodged money to get private healthcare.

For all the BS about "no borders!" and "no discrimination!"....THIS is the real face of it. Robbery, basically, cheered on by the useful idiots.

Or hes talking out his arse. Either way, these people exist, rubbing their hands together while other honest irish people are sweating buckets to lead a normal life.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    i remember that. but it wasnt for that long. interest rates did stabilise after that and times were very prosperous for buying a house. but the thing is we could afford to buy a house and pay the mortgage on a low wage. i did. my wife raised the kids. my kids now have no chance of having our lifestyle. i wouldnt want them to have a life where they work only to have a roof over their heads and thats all. its bull**** now. and you know it, so its not very nice trying to describe it as something its not.

Thank you - the very points I'm also making. As regards housing we are going backwards.

Ah yes, the great symbol of the current status quo, the tax-dodging landlord who'll pay fook all into the running of the country, disregard irish people in favour of non-irish because they don't make a "fuss" (our standards must be brought DOWN I tell you!)

May I present to you the globalist. Yes, even old mr paddy-whack is out to grab at the expense of others. He'll be there for the hospitals though when he needs them, or maybe not if he can use his tax-dodged money to get private healthcare.

For all the BS about "no borders!" and "no discrimination!"....THIS is the real face of it. Robbery, basically, cheered on by the useful idiots.

Or hes talking out his arse. Either way, these people exist, rubbing their hands together while other honest irish people are sweating buckets to lead a normal life.

Polish lads who want to work versus Irish spongers who know nothing of hard times and what life is about because they have been spoiled by our welfare state.

Hmmmm??

Tough decision.

Isn’t it just a puzzle that the majority of working people can afford a mortgage if they put a bit of thought into it?

The “homeless” is .00001% of the population.

I dunno seems with a bit of hard work and determination in this country you might just succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Have had similar experiences, Paddy. Only own the one extra property, but it’s a desirable place close to ‘Silicon Docks’. Irish tenants had my heart broken with their demands and complaining, before they’d leave the place in a state. Ended up renting the place to some Italians and it was the best thing I ever did. Very house proud, and not big drinkers so no complaints or anything like that. They’d even make me dinner the odd time I’d pop round for an inspection.

Unfortunately had to get rid of them last year as my marriage ended and I needed a place to live. Don’t want to boast, but have had a few Italian fillies round since for a bit of ‘hide the salami’....

Polish lads who want to work versus Irish spongers who know nothing of hard times and what life is about because they have been spoiled by our welfare state.

Hmmmm??

Tough decision.

That isn't what was said though, is it?

"I only rent to foreigners. Preferably Eastern Europeans.

None of the properties are in particularly attractive areas. With the Irish it's all talk about HAP, their entitlements, spurting out kids without any notice. Wrecking the house and wrecking my head. "

Followed by a generalisation about all irish people. Always, ALWAYS, the false comparison of a no-good irish person versus some excellent non-irish person. How comforting that BS must be to you.

Its all about lining your pockets at the expense of irish people, and indeed Ireland as a whole. No need to mention the tax dodging of course.

You know what you and your ilk are, youre little mini versions of multinationals. Sucking the life out of the country for personal gain, hiding behind a crowd of fools that allow you to keep robbing. I hope you get everything you deserve for your lecherous outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The OP lost me at the misspelling of the word "councillor".

As a general comment, without reading the 218 previous posts, people with Irish citizenship should have equal priorirty over any state benefit, regardless of race, creed, colour or ethnicity.

People without Irish citizenship should receive no financial benefit but should be supported and encouraged (if here legally) to sustainably integrate into the community and find employment.

Housing refugees in Mosney or local hotels which often causes a sizeable increase in local population is stupid and dangerous and is liable to create exaggerated segregation and ghettos.
    Just look at recent issues in Balbriggan , its proximity to Mosney is no accident.

Have had similar experiences, Paddy. Only own the one extra property, but it’s a desirable place close to ‘Silicon Docks’. Irish tenants had my heart broken with their demands and complaining, before they’d leave the place in a state. Ended up renting the place to some Italians and it was the best thing I ever did. Very house proud, and not big drinkers so no complaints or anything like that. They’d even make me dinner the odd time I’d pop round for an inspection.

Unfortunately had to get rid of them last year as my marriage ended and I needed a place to live. Don’t want to boast, but have had a few Italian fillies round since for a bit of ‘hide the salami’....

Theyre called standards, you know, not living like a fooking autonomous ATM for some landlord charging extortionate rent. Not a peep about the tax-dodging either, sure youre probably in on that too.

This country needs people like you like it needs a hole in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

aido79 wrote: »
    This story has been shared a number of times recently by friends on Facebook. There is always more to these stories when more details are revealed so just wondering if anyone has any more information about the story.

If it is a straightforward case that the Irish family has been turfed out for no reason other than to be replaced by migrants for financial gains then it is wrong and I would agree with councillor Andy Gladney.

Its been happening in Germany, Sweden and there were reports students in Spain were thrown out of their paid accommodations to make room for the migrants. It can and will happen here eventually.

Isn’t it just a puzzle that the majority of working people can afford a mortgage if they put a bit of thought into it?

I dunno seems with a bit of hard work and determination in this country you might just succeed.

Says the landlord, praising the other landlord who openly admits to dodging tax and purposefully only renting to foreigners.

Yeah, fook that.

That isn't what was said though, is it?

"I only rent to foreigners. Preferably Eastern Europeans.

None of the properties are in particularly attractive areas. With the Irish it's all talk about HAP, their entitlements, spurting out kids without any notice. Wrecking the house and wrecking my head. "

Followed by a generalisation about all irish people. Always, ALWAYS, the false comparison of a no-good irish person versus some excellent non-irish person. How comforting that BS must be to you.

Its all about lining your pockets at the expense of irish people, and indeed Ireland as a whole. No need to mention the tax dodging of course.

You know what you and your ilk are, youre little mini versions of multinationals. Sucking the life out of the country for personal gain, hiding behind a crowd of fools that allow you to keep robbing. I hope you get everything you deserve for your lecherous outlook.

Sorry who am I hiding behind and robbing:)

Theyre called standards, you know, not living like a fooking autonomous ATM for some landlord charging extortionate rent. Not a peep about the tax-dodging either, sure youre probably in on that too.

This country needs people like you like it needs a hole in the head.

Cool your jets there, dude. I was no slum landlord. Charged market prices for a desirable property near the city centre and many of the big IT firms. The country certainly needs landlords more than it does lads whining about the realities of supply and demand. I just found that professional continentals were far superior tenants to Irish ones. My place; my choice of who I rented to.

Sorry who am I hiding behind and robbing:)

Are you saying you aren't a landlord, and just praising tax-dodging, irish-discriminating landlords, while simultaneously telling irish people to "get on with it"?

Cool your jets there, dude. I was no slum landlord. Charged market prices for a desirable property near the city centre and many of the big IT firms. The country certainly needs landlords more than it does lads whining about the realities of supply and demand. I just found that professional continentals were far superior tenants to Irish ones. My place; my choice of who I rented to.

As I said, needed like a hole in the head.

Cop yourself on Trotsky!

How many properties have you rented out? How many times have you had to hire contract cleaners to clean a place out after the place is wrecked with the smell of Johnny blues on the curtains? Or had to get the place repainted because some single mother couldn't stop her whelp drawing on the walls? How many times have you had to hire a private company to evict non paying tenants and have all the locks changed.

You haven't a clue what it's like trying to manage properties in these areas. If I'm faced with the choice of some home grown welfare bunny and a hardworking polish carpenter I know what choice I'll make.

Cop yourself on Trotsky!

How many properties have you rented out? How many times have you had to hire contract cleaners to clean a place out after the place is wrecked with the smell of Johnny blues on the curtains? Or had to get the place repainted because some single mother couldn't stop her whelp drawing on the walls? How many times have you had to hire a private company to evict non paying tenants and have all the locks changed.

You haven't a clue what it's like trying to manage properties in these areas. If I'm faced with the choice of some home grown welfare bunny and a hardworking polish carpenter I know what choice I'll make.

He obviously is sucking off the tax payers left nipple.

Absolutely no worries about rent, money, responsibilities etc.

Yet blame the government for everything.

• Advertisement

As I said, needed like a hole in the head.

Well the property is off the market at the moment, as it is currently the residence of yours truly. I've done a huge amount of work on it, so when I do put it back on the market I'll be looking for at least €2200 for a 2 bedroom. And I'll be renting it to Italians working for Google or Airbnb or one of those places. As I said, excellent tenants who are very house proud, relaxed, and make the place their home without feeling the need to make a 'beer wall' made out of empty Karpackie cans.

I wouldn't qualify to get a mortgage now. It's beyond me now if I was starting out in this day and age. I could work 120 hours a week and never come close. Don't you get it at all?

Cop yourself on Trotsky!

Youre the one that said "only foreigners", and then some rambly BS implying all irish people are slovenly pigs and layabouts. You also mentioned dodging tax.

I hope you never have the cheek to call yourself irish.

"Im providing housing, in a housing crisis, exclusively to non-irish people while avoiding tax".

Youre a star citizen alright.

It depends what you mean by "that long". Except for one year the average mortgage interest rate 1975 to 1993 inclusive was in double figures. The highest was 16.25% on average, but mine was as high as 18%.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/history-of-mortgage-rates-in-ireland.html

Youre the one that said "only foreigners", and then some rambly BS implying all irish people are slovenly pigs and layabouts. You also mentioned dodging tax.

I hope you never have the cheek to call yourself irish.

"Im providing housing, in a housing crisis, exclusively to non-irish people while avoiding tax".

Youre a star citizen alright.

I never said I avoided tax.

I'm most certainly Irish. Not something I parade around the place or wear like some kind of achievement though. I pull on the green Jersey when heading to landsdowne Road. That's about as far as I go.

I wouldn't qualify to get a mortgage now. It's beyond me now if I was starting out in this day and age. I could work 120 hours a week and never come close. Don't you get it at all?

Course you could.

You save for 3 or 4 years.

You know a bit of hard graft.

Problem is people want it all right now without any hard work.

Slap of reality is what you precious people need.

Well the property is off the market at the moment, as it is currently the residence of yours truly. I've done a huge amount of work on it, so when I do put it back on the market I'll be looking for at least €2200 for a 2 bedroom. And I'll be renting it to Italians working for Google or Airbnb or one of those places. As I said, excellent tenants who are very house proud, relaxed, and make the place their home without feeling the need to make a 'beer wall' made out of empty Karpackie cans.

All Italians are brilliant, all irish are not.

Yeah, youre a real benefit to Ireland alright. What a joke.

I particularly like how you state the amount of money youre after, inferring that its a big deal, a bit show off, rub in the salt. I could buy and sell you and your poxy little flat.

Go count your pennies.

Course you could.

You save for 3 or 4 years.

You know a bit of hard graft.

Problem is people want it all right now without any hard work.

Slap of reality is what you precious people need.

How can I save when I'm paying 1800 a month in rent? Because that's what it costs to live in Dublin now. You could buy a house in the early 90s for 30k. Now the same house costs 400k. I worked in retail on low pay back then, but it was possible. now it's not. But maybe people aren't pushing themselves hard enough nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its been happening in Germany, Sweden and there were reports students in Spain were thrown out of their paid accommodations to make room for the migrants.

And this was reported by some councillor on Facebook no doubt. I believe you, thousands might not.........

• Advertisement

All Italians are brilliant, all irish are not.

Yeah, youre a real benefit to Ireland alright. What a joke.

I particularly like how you state the amount of money youre after, inferring that its a big deal, a bit show off, rub in the salt. I could buy and sell you and your poxy little flat.

Go count your pennies.

I'm Irish myself, and I'm brilliant, so I'm not sure I know where you are going with that line of reasoning.

All I'm saying is that I've had mostly negative experiences with Irish tenants. I was in the pub a few years ago and one of the lads was telling me that he rents all his places to Italians for the reasons I gave above. He's a shrewd operator, so I got rid of the Irish tenants, and moved in some Italians. And everything he said was correct. They even asked me nicely at one stage would I ever consider replacing the old solid plate hob for an induction one as they wanted to be able to cook better food. Now the Italians worship their food, so I was happy to oblige.

They were genuinely appreciative, and gave me a heap of delicious home cooked food to take away after I finished fitting it. And a few bottles of wine they brought back from Italy. Great tenants.

How can I save when I'm paying 1800 a month in rent? Because that's what it costs to live in Dublin now. You could buy a house in the early 90s for 30k. Now the same house costs 400k. I worked in retail on low pay back then, but it was possible. now it's not. But maybe people aren't pushing themselves hard enough nowadays!

These people do not a give a fook about you, other Irish people, and least of all the country as a whole.

They'll exclusively rent their properties to Non-irish people because it's easier to avoid tax.

They'll dress it up as "Irish people are bad!" and then fools will come rushing in to praise that outlook, lauding the benefits of Non-irish and how we need more and more.

Behind the facade it's all about certain individuals emptying your pockets, and to hell about the future of Ireland.

I don't need to worry about my own situation, buy I do genuinely worry for those I know. That makes me borderline "racist" to some.

It's such a scam!! It's laugh-out-loud obvious, but here we are! I hope people read the last few pages, it should be eye-opening.

But then again, "should" means little these days.

1800?

Strange I’ve seen 1000 in some places.

Have you exaggerated to suit your rant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ah Boards' Anti Immigration orcs are having another circle jerk i see...

RustyNut wrote: »
    And this was reported by some councillor on Facebook no doubt. I believe you, thousands might not.........

How can you read the last few pages of landlords straight out saying they won't allow Irish tenants, avoid tax...

And then be disbelieving of it happening?

What?!

Try_harder wrote: »
    Ah Boards' Anti Immigration orcs are having another circle jerk i see...

Did you even read the last few pages?!

And you came here to, basically, defend it?

Goodnight Ireland, and good luck!

• Advertisement

1800?

Rant? Really? I'm always very polite on boards. I always try to engage people fairly.

Rant? Really? I'm always very polite on boards. I always try to engage people fairly.

Man, you might as well be talking to the wall.

They make money off immigration and avoid paying tax. End of story, they're goners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Do a professional couple with one child, their own furniture, down to a teaspoon, pay on time and treat the house as a home while funding some repairs from their own pocket get a fooking look in? Or is the private rental market just flooded with crazy people on HAP and youngsters just drifting through rentals wrecking the place??? There's a lot of talk about the squeezed middle home owning, tax paying class being fooked over. Well I'm a squeezed middle, tax paying, renter that feels very fooked over.

1800?

In West Dublin where I live the going rate is up to 2200, 1800 if your lucky.

But my point still stands. If I was unfortunate enough to be buying a house now I wouldn't be able to do it. I could do it in the 90s on a very modest wage. That is the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

How can you read the last few pages of landlords straight out saying they won't allow Irish tenants, avoid tax...

And then be disbelieving of it happening?

What?!

Where did I say that I don't believe some landlords discriminate against groups of people or avoid tax. Your imagining things that aren't true again.............

• Advertisement
Advertisement