Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American/British celebrities you would like to vanish from the spotlight

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 BorkLaser93

Amy Schumer
    Trevor Noah (not American or British but just had to mention him)
    Michelle Obama
    Serena Williams
    All the Kardashians/Jenners
    Jaden Smith
    All of Geordie Shore (especially that Charlotte one)
    James Corden
    Any famous vlogger/influencer/socialite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Amy Schumer
    Trevor Noah (not American or British but just had to mention him)
    Michelle Obama
    Serena Williams
    All the Kardashians/Jenners
    Jaden Smith
    All of Geordie Shore (especially that Charlotte one)
    James Corden
    Any famous vlogger/influencer/socialite
    I've heard of Trevor Noah but don't know much about him. Comedian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think Olly Murs should shadow someone like Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien etc to get US audiences to know him, and after a while he might get his own show Stateside. Wouldn't that be fun? Maybe Jimmy K/Jimmy F/James Corden gets a week off and Olly fills in in their absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Jeremiah Magnificent Oats

Dara Quilty should be on the BBC, maybe go to America as a double act with Laura Whitmore

A lot of hate for James Corden on here isn't there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

A lot of hate for James Corden on here isn't there?[/Q

Seems to be. I don't think he's the worst. Gavin and Stacey was funny, very funny at times. The sketch show he did after it was ****e though. League of their own has its moments, although the forced banter can be annoying. I've never seen his chat show but have seen bits of carpool karaoke, its hit and miss depending whos on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

wakka12 wrote: »
    Id have to say Claudia Winkleman too. She tries so hard to be bubbly and likeable but it comes across as fake

And her fringe going in her eyes really annoys me lol

She looks like an exotic insect.

Bug like features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Such a punchable face on him!!! - and he's supposed to be a right abusive cnut to work for ...

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Mentioned already but Caroline Flack, a talent-less tramp!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think it's just life in general that hates him.

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Mentioned already but Caroline Flack, a talent-less tramp!!

I agree

Adorable

Xtra-Factor-Presenters-Caroline-Flack-and-Olly-Murs.jpg

Omackeral wrote: »
    Adorable

Xtra-Factor-Presenters-Caroline-Flack-and-Olly-Murs.jpg

Bleurgh.

Bleurgh.

So much charisma, glamour, cheekyness, talent and likability in one picture.

Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is there a third person hidden somewhere in the picture that the rest of us cannot see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Daniel Day Lewis. Overrated and pretends he's Irish. Really annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Jeremiah Magnificent Oats

Omackeral wrote: »
    So much charisma, glamour, cheekyness, talent and likability in one picture.

Amazing.

think he wants to be the one on the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Keira Knightley and Gwyneth Paltrow. Both completely bland and inoffensive yet highly irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Watching Inbetweeners special, Katherine Ryan, so unfunny and does she follow where Jimmy Carr goes, she appears on virtually anything he's on

don't get her at all,

her dead pan persona & deliveries...gets tiresome quickly, she's a one trick pony

fryup wrote: »
    don't get her at all,

her dead pan persona & deliveries...gets tiresome quickly, she's a one trick pony

I don't know her that well. Am I missing anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭randd1

Watching Inbetweeners special, Katherine Ryan, so unfunny and does she follow where Jimmy Carr goes, she appears on virtually anything he's on

She's even worse when she's trying to be 'edgy' about white male privilege. I saw her at it on a panel show once, no-one paid her a blind bit of notice yet she tried to work it in a few times. Painful to watch.

She's just not funny.

Of course the rumour that a lot of her jokes are written by Jimmy Carr doesn't help her appeal either.

randd1 wrote: »
    She's even worse when she's trying to be 'edgy' about white male privilege. I saw her at it on a panel show once, no-one paid her a blind bit of notice yet she tried to work it in a few times. Painful to watch.

She's just not funny.

Of course the rumour that a lot of her jokes are written by Jimmy Carr doesn't help her appeal either.

explains why theyre joint at the hip, she appears where he goes

Ugh comedienne goes feminist, aint funny....find she's the UK's Jennifer Maguire, the snarky b!tch who "tells it like it is" and comes outwith "edgy" comments/jokes....But she's not the worst one who keeps popping up on panel shows, cough Sara Millican, Miranda Hart, Joe Wilkinson, Russel Howard cough

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Russel Howard. A painfully unfunny chap who always and I mean always takes the most metropolitan left wing view on everything and anyone who’s disagrees is racist xenophobic blah blah

randd1 wrote: »

She's just not funny.

She took a lot of flak during the Edinburgh Fringe last year.
    It's a tough gig for most comedians, a month of shows, pretty much every day, the majority of them turn a loss for the month.

"Big" comedians have taken to turning up for a handful of nights with "work in progress" stuff selling out and then moving on. She was the latest to do it but went one step further and started raving about the "quiet bar, perfect for work" and recommending it to comedians. One called her out on it saying a) she's comped her stay there and b) they probably couldn't even afford the drink there anyway.
    Heard from a friend running a venue there were stronger words delivered directly to her also.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Keira Knightley and Gwyneth Paltrow. Both completely bland and inoffensive yet highly irritating.

Do you think Chris Martin was right to let Gwyneth go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Gemma Collins.

Although her nosedive on the ice was very funny.

Do you think Chris Martin was right to let Gwyneth go?
    He called his daughter Apple, so he should've been forced to stay married to her and steam her vagina every day for the rest of his life as punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

The guitarist from Manic Street Preachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

May.

• Advertisement

Alex Scott, the one who is always on BBC/Sky soccer coverage...seems to be a bit overkill with her at the moment....Is it mandatory that she has to be on the panel for any british televised soccer match, and the whinging on twitter by the sjw brigade, when someone disagrees with her or clashes with her that its "x Is shouting down at her" whereas if it was 2 men interrupting/clashing nothing is said

Gemma Collins.

Offers nothing, absolutely nothing.
    Her fall on the ice recently made the news, she says she passed, you just fell skating like, relax.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Gemma Collins.

Offers nothing, absolutely nothing.
    Her fall on the ice recently made the news, she says she passed, you just fell skating like, relax.

Isn’t this her 3rd or 4th publicizes slip

Brie Larson...ugh drop the identity politics

Katie Price. Disgrace of a mother who drags her disabled son Harvey onto TV whenever she wants to do damage control and look for sympathy. Claims she never has respite yet is constantly on holidays with her latest toyboy and falling out of nightclubs blind drunk. Makes a mockery of parents who are genuinely struggling to look after their disabled children. She went on TV a year or two ago and said she was considering hiring him a prostitute for his 18th birthday. The woman really has no shame and will say anything if it gets her an appearance fee. Peter was right to take his two away from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Katie Price. Disgrace of a mother who drags her disabled son Harvey onto TV whenever she wants to do damage control and look for sympathy. Claims she never has respite yet is constantly on holidays with her latest toyboy and falling out of nightclubs blind drunk. Makes a mockery of parents who are genuinely struggling to look after their disabled children. She went on TV a year or two ago and said she was considering hiring him a prostitute for his 18th birthday. The woman really has no shame and will say anything if it gets her an appearance fee. Peter was right to take his two away from her.

It's really such a shame that the media just don't ignore people like her. She's vile. Her and Kerry Katona really bug me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

James Corden

Relikk wrote: »
    It's really such a shame that the media just don't ignore people like her. She's vile. Her and Kerry Katona really bug me.
    Ya Kerry is another one who when married to Mark whatever his name is, admitted that they would go on coke benders for days and lock their bedroom and leave the kids to be minded by the nanny :mad: During this time she claimed to have bi-polar. When she got off the coke, suddenly her bi-polar was cured :rolleyes: Brian McFadden was also an ar$e during this time, so not excusing him. The one stable presence in the older two girls lives was Brian's parents in Dublin. The older girl Molly went to live with them last year for school. Hopefully she stays there and they take Lilly as well. These women are narcissistic and only care about their kids when it suits them.

I would like to add Amber from Love Land to the list.

Why do the TV networks keep giving those twerps TV work? Seriously.
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a26726868/love-island-amber-dancing-on-ice/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Russell Brand. I cant stand the sight of him. An annoying fairy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Meghan Markle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.I cannot stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Anyone from the cast of the following shows:

Geordie Shore
    Jersey Shore
    TOWIE
    Made in Chelsea
    The Hills
    Kardashians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Daniel Day Lewis. Overrated and pretends he's Irish. Really annoys me

Jayz....surely not overrated. He's a great actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Hammer89 wrote: »
    The guitarist from Manic Street Preachers.

Is this a joke about Richey? :confused:
    dubstarr wrote: »
    Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.I cannot stand them.

What's to dislike about Drew?

What's to dislike about Drew?[/QUOTE]

I just cant take to her.

Sam Smith is another one.Over blown talantless twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Conor Mcgregor

Advertisement