Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you racist?

• 15-07-2018 4:08am
    Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Go on, admit it, you're a little bit racist.

Are you racist? 44 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    A little bit
    100% 44 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here's the thing about racism i've noticed...

It tends to be all bollocks as a lot of people will be more racist to members of the same gender.
    Give you an example... Middle age Johnny who hates black people and going as far to use the N word on a regular basis wouldn't have an issue shagging a hot, young black woman with a great tight little ass on her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Only against traveller's, if that even counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Only against traveller's, if that even counts?

Same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

This is a racist thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Same here, travellers all the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Everyones a little bit racist

OP. how come there's no option for those who believe themselves not to be racist at all. You're excluding a rather large amount of boards posters.

and I'd be with the others about Travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I've ran a lot of races in my life, but I've never done a three legged one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

More of a xenophobe myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Bias is caused by the barrier of decreased knowledge and awareness of the deeper depths of that difference. What we do not know we are unable to understand. What we do not understand we subconscious fear whether we are aware of it or not. This subconscious fear will manifest into different emotions, reactions, and treatment of others. Copy and pasted for all . Turns out we all hate diversity as individuals but turns out to be better for problem solving in groups. Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Is it considered socially acceptable to be "racist against travellers" now, or am I missing some sort of joke? :confused:

I'm not some sort of social justice warrior, and I'm definitely not a fan of positive discrimination, and I do get that some travellers are absolute cnuts. But I have quite a lot of friends from the travelling community, and they're all very different, very NORMAL people like you and me, each with their own unique set of strengths and weaknesses and challenges.

One thing they do have in common is that it really hurts them to be lumped in with some negative traveller stereotype. The travellers I know are all quite proud to be from the travelling community, they are proud of their culture and history, but are hurt when people assume the antisocial behaviors of a subset of their community apply to them and their families. Many travellers I know actually have very firm and strict positive moral and ethical values.

Is it considered socially acceptable to be "racist against travellers" now, or am I missing some sort of joke? :confused:

There's enough Traveller threads already on boards.

But many of us would discriminate against Travellers based on our own personal experiences with them. That's a degree of racism, and in this world of Black/White absolutes, then we would indeed be considered racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I hate everyone equally, so black, white, traveller, Eskimo...hate the whole fckin lot of ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

It tends to be all bollocks as a lot of people will be more racist to members of the same gender.
    Give you an example... Middle age Johnny who hates black people and going as far to use the N word on a regular basis wouldn't have an issue shagging a hot, young black woman with a great tight little ass on her.

How is that bollocks? Do you think that because Johnny finds attractive black people attractive then he isn't racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,643 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Patww79 wrote: »
    Just against travellers and the British.

Neither of which are a race so you're not racist your just a bigot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Neither of which are a race so you're not racist your just a bigot.

Thread is kinda over , very few if any , will admit to being racist if travellers can't be included or maybe Orangemen too .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I think it's natural to form an opinion (either positive or negative) of a "group" (race, nationality ect.) of people based on your own personal experiences of dealing with those people.

If you interact with 10 people from Cork and 7/8/9 of them were as nice as pie then you're naturally going to form the opinion that people from Cork are lovely.

If you interact with 10 people from Angola and 7/8/9 of them are as#holes then those experiences are going to shape your opinion of people from Angola.

Insert whatever (black people, travellers, Muslims, cyclists, disabled people, Nordies, Atheists etc) and the same holds true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'm not a racist. I just hate everyone. I don't care if you just landed here. I hate everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm not a racist. I just hate everyone. I don't care if you just landed here. I hate everyone.

That's still racist - against the human race.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Strong understanding of racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm not racist, but I sympathise with nativism and find it moronic that it is now being regarded as in any way synonymous with racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm a misanthropist so if you're human I hate you, regardless of what you look like or where you're from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

That's an incredibly disturbing viewpoint. What other groups do you wish to mass sterilize? Are you aware of the groups that have attempted such ends? Sort of hope you're trolling with such a view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭DecTipp

Ive got a coloured tv at home, so i dont think im a racist :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

DecTipp wrote: »
    Ive got a coloured tv at home, so i dont think im a racist :D

You're supposed to say "tv of colour" now. Otherwise you're definitely a racist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement