Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

China send peasant farmer on a tractor to pick up Obama from the airport for G20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

"Wun Hung Low" huh? Anyone else Dubious on the veracity of this story based on the old joke name? Or maybe it actually is a name, I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

Samaris wrote: »
    "Wun Hung Low" huh? Anyone else Dubious on the veracity of this story based on the old joke name? Or maybe it actually is a name, I suppose!

It's all true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Laika123 wrote: »
    China send peasant farmer on a tractor to pick up Obama from the airport for G20

It could have been worse, the Chinese could have used something the Americans often like to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

If they treat Obama like this I cant wait to see how they treat The Donald!

Winterlong wrote: »

500,000 Donald masks have been ordered from China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Was reading this morning about Obama arriving in China for G20 and he had to get out of the ass of the plane

More bull**** from the pathetic Guardian!
    At 0.17 and 0.36 Obama can CLEARLY be seen exiting the aircraft from the door at the nose which he always uses and not from "the ass" of air force one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKr5e81OkQU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Winterlong wrote: »

They'll treat him with respect because he will actually be a man of substance who won't back down like Obama or shillery.

At 0.17 and 0.36 Obama can CLEARLY be seen exiting the aircraft from the door at the nose which he always uses and not from "the ass" of air force one.

Erm no sorry, the door he usually exits is up to the left.

He came down the built in steps.

https://vineyardgazette.com/sites/default/files/article-assets/main-photos/2016/steveheaslip_capecodtimes_obamaarrival_3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The ass does not mean the end of the plane, rather a lower door, instead of one up near the cockpit. You can see the two doors here - the higher is 'The President's Entrance'.

It's a non-story either way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

They'll treat him with respect because he will actually be a man of substance who won't back down like Obama or shillery.

And that substance, politically speaking, is pure sh**e:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

osarusan wrote: »
    The ass does not mean the end of the plane, rather a lower door, instead of one up near the cockpit. You can see the two doors here - the higher is 'The President's Entrance'.

It's a non-story either way though.
    So the Chinese had Obama leave the plane from the door nearest the Seal of the President of the USA, big deal!
    From reading that Guardian link you would think he had to crawl out of the luggage hold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

From reading that Guardian link you would think he had to crawl out of the luggage hold!

If you'd bothered to watch the video embedded in the article on the Guardian website, you'd have seen a shot which showed exactly where he came out.

I don't really get the anger at the newspaper here, for using a direct quote of 'the ass'. The journalist themselves described it as the 'belly'.

So the Chinese had Obama leave the plane from the door nearest the Seal of the President of the USA, big deal!

LOL, easy boy, the Chinese didn't make him come out any door, it's just he would have had to jump from the higher door coz they were using all the red carpet stairs for more important people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

LOL, easy boy, the Chinese didn't make him come out any door, it's just he would have had to jump from the higher door coz they were using all the red carpet stairs for more important people.
    Who is more important than the President of the United States? :confused:

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Depends on your viewpoint, I don't look to mass murderers, world destroyers as important people, I'd say the next child killed in Pakistan by one of his drones anytime now is more important than him, BTW all the G20 are mass murderers, so fcuk them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Depends on your viewpoint, I don't look to mass murderers, world destroyers as important people, I'd say the next child killed in Pakistan by one of his drones anytime now is more important than him, BTW all the G20 are mass murderers, so fcuk them all.

You didn't answer my question, the red carpet was hardly going over to the next child killed in Pakistan by a drone.

So who is more important than the President of the United States?

You didn't answer my question, the red carpet was hardly going over to the next child killed in Pakistan by a drone.

So who is more important than the President of the United States?

His puppet master, but he wasn't there. Why did he need red carpet though?, he didn't seem to have difficulty walking down the steel steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

When flying back, he should fly low over those disputed islands, with a few fighter jets for company.

When flying back, he should fly low over those disputed islands, with a few fighter jets for company.

Don't think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HQ-9#Deployment_in_South_China_Sea

They would never fire on Air Force One.

• Advertisement

They would never fire on Air Force One.

I wouldn't be so sure, and either would Obama, China have stated time and time again if provoked it has no problem going to war with America, and they mean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I have a few well-informed guesses as to what substance Trump is made of, all right. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so sure, and either would Obama, China have stated time and time again if provoked it has no problem going to war with America, and they mean it.

Zero chance they would fire on Air Force One. China would not win a war with America, despite its technology leaps in the past decade. This is simply playing the nationalist card so the government can secure popular support and take attention away from problems and corruption at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The people who tell him what to do.

The people who tell him what to do.

The gun lobby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The gun lobby?

Aipac and there Zionist paymasters. If not he gets the bullet. Literally :D

Zero chance they would fire on Air Force One. China would not win a war with America, despite its technology leaps in the past decade. This is simply playing the nationalist card so the government can secure popular support and take attention away from problems and corruption at home.

I suppose they wouldn't just shoot on Air Force One, but if he were stupid enough to fly over the disputed Islands China would scramble jets to intercept and if accompanying US fighter jets fired on the Chinese, China would take them all out of the sky, I've no doubt.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Aipac and there Zionist paymasters. If not he gets the bullet. Literally :D

I'm an American Jew and I'm still waiting to find out where all the American Jews reportedly get all the cool stuff, like money, power, and control of the film industry. Since you all know so much about it, why not point a sister in the right direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Speedwell wrote: »
    I'm an American Jew and I'm still waiting to find out where all the American Jews reportedly get all the cool stuff, like money, power, and control of the film industry. Since you all know so much about it, why not point a sister in the right direction?

Dont conflate Jewish with Zionism. Chalk and Cheese.

• Advertisement

Speedwell wrote: »

Your basically an Ashkenazi Jew, or Khazar, the zionist's don't really give a sh1t about you or your forefathers, your not an elite, if you were you'd already be rich. Your just a commoner, although if you moved to Palestine they'd allow you kick a native off their land and build a house on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Your basically an Ashkenazi Jew, or Khazar, the zionist's don't really give a sh1t about you or your forefathers, your not an elite, if you were you'd already be rich. Your just a commoner, although if you moved to Palestine they'd allow you kick a native off their land and build a house on it.

As is her God given right

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Dont conflate Jewish with Zionism. Chalk and Cheese.

Oh, believe me, as someone who is actually not a Zionist I don't confuse the two at all.
    ...your not an elite, if you were you'd already be rich...

My family opted for "talented and good looking" instead of "wealthy", heh. We have a few big names in the arts. Not that I suspect you'd know much about that.

As for moving to Palestine, I'm too busy trying to get along in Ireland. You can go, if you want. The rest of my family live in Hollywood and Ventura. Yes, we're Ashkenazi as hell, and as far as I'm concerned that and five euro will buy you a cup of coffee.

As is her God given right

How is that?, the Bible/Torah says it's the land of Judah, blood, decendants, conversion in the 6th century doesn't make you a descendant of Judah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Turns out it was his own dumb fault as just before he landed he was dying for a slash and so he phoned the Chinese consulate and asked:

"Do you have a John there?"

Turns out it was his own dumb fault as just before he landed he was dying for a slash and so he phoned the Chinese consulate and asked:

"Do you have a John there?"

And they said "No you wing the wong number"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

My mammy says I'm the best boy in the whole world.

Advertisement