Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nine Grounds

• 13-07-1999 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Ive built a q1 map called Nine Grounds, which can be got here:

http://www.gibworld.com/chaos/stuff/9G.zip

Its built for duels, amongst other ideas put into the map is a crusher making gameplay a bit more interesting and different.
    Its a well polished map and worth checking out.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thx.

[This message has been edited by skulker (edited 13-07-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Ran around it for a few minutes, looks like quite a nice map! One or two nice jumps to be made, and some really neat ideas went into it - trying to manouever around stairs while shooting could be interesting

Ill leave others to decide whether its balanced or not, one problem might be someone with a small lead hiding the RA room with no way to flush him out though.

Ill see what the lads in Trinity think of it soon if theyre around at all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I shall look it over this evening.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm... if you take a long route to the RA or are just a tad slow you end up getting crushed in the RA gates.
    RA position is nice tho considering theres two GA and no YA.

Also.. if you pull the ledge opposite the GL back just a tad so it can't be jumped too, it would be a nice place for a quad.

and the crusher... blurgh smile.gif
    put a teleport above it so you can rjump out... that way you still end up with a good bit of damage and your in shock from having to get out quickly wink.gif

nice level though.. interesting.
    takes a good bit of running round tho to figure it out. (good thing i'm bored)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skulker

kali,

Consider this also, if you rj off the 100h bunny hopping in the direction of quad, its possible to launch ure self off the spawn ledge to the quad.

Also talking about the RA, If you go directly to RA from button ure just about
    able to get the armor and exit the entrance door.

skulk.

[This message has been edited by skulker (edited 14-07-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

just realised i had been playing it with the frogbot mod.. so powerups were disabled.. smile.gif
    yeah great place for the quad.. tis nice
    and an easy gl jump over as well if the rl ain't handy..
    nice(r) map.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

yah not bad tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

Good level, Some nice Ideas.

Is it your first level?

john

johnoo,

Nope it’s not my first level. Ive build another level called DOD (dungeon of dissolution). Which plays well but doesnt look as nice, also ive built about 5/6 other 9G type levels but they where not finished.

So 9G is the product of many sketches done whenever I had time ( in school smile.gif ) and bits and pieces of other levels that I haven’t finished. Doing tech drawing can help too.
    The hardest thing that I find is trying to complete a level. When I built 9G I completed the main rooms very quickly (within a few days) and slowly added bits and pieces. What I tried to do when building each rooms was to make it interesting (many lights and sounds) so each room was done in a separate bsp, should of used vis groups I know but I would of had the burden of compile the whole level each time (p133:/). Also many thx to Gothmog for designing the functionality of the crusher and figuring out that only trains crush gibs without making them fall out of the level. Added that crusher very recently had lots of fun designing it smile.gif.

Skulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nice level.

but how the bloody hell do you get out of that shaggin crusher thingy?????
    its gettin on my tits when i mis-time that shaggin jump!

Srry m8 you cant escape,
    Just dont fall in smile.gif

Actually id nearly consider something like Kali's idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, the teleporter is interesting.
    ive just spent the last hour playin a duel in work on it.

have to say both of us like the level a lot. mind you, he hasnt worked out where the ra is yet! hehehehehe

takes a bit of getting used to getting around, soo many coridors. is there 2 megahealths? if so i reckon one would do the job nicely. is it possible to jump from gl to quad ledge? coz i cant bunny hop or whatever it is yis do. cant even do it in q2 ffs!

one other thing, have you considered placing the teleporter under the rl to the left side of the wall. coz as soon as you enter from there, you have a long view down the rooms. makes it easy to spot someone. also if youre running away (run rabbit run) away from someone, they have a long time to get you in their sights. its just the rest of the level is so twisty and turny that if the teleporter was to the left it would make it more interesting. and maybe continue the ledge all around the room.

anyway, its better than any level ive designed smile.gif

Yeah you can just about jump from the GL ledge to quad.

RA walkthrough:

+ Pressing the button in the room nearest to quad with the LG in it.
    + Go to the quad room and the entrance on the floor will open leading to RA.

*Read the readme.txt for extra info.

Yeah nicely spotted it should really go there. For a few reasons some that you mentioned and cos it helps Vis. When I created it it disappeared and flickered when viewing it from far LG room, and the texture behind showed. So I turned the texture behind into a teleporter in order to fix it. Should of move the teleporter:/.

Advertisement