Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish family evicted and replaced by migrants

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

MFPM wrote: »
    We don't have open borders, it's a myth propagated by elements on the centre and far right.

Well we do have an open borders the EU of course. However there’s a kind of poster that opposes all restrictions on immigration (I mean we are talking about criminals here)

It's not, it's an analagous comparison to indicate the nonsense posted by the poster to whom I was replying.

No it’s whataboutary.
    'We' are not importing anything. Migrants, irrespective of how we characterise them come here for a variety of different reasons, it's likely that a small proportion may committ some criminality because that's part and parcel of any society in the world. If 'we' were actively seeking migrants with a criminal record you might have a point as we don't, your 'point' is utterly disingenuous nay irrelevant.

Ignoring the pedantry about “importing” you’ve fairly priven my point here regarding open borderism which pretends to not be. Clearly we should try filter out criminals when allowing people to immigrate and remove visas for violations of the law.
    And likewise if some migrants do a bit of shoplifting in Penneys it's up to AGS to deal with it.

And deported if on a visa. Even under the EU laws you can possibly do that. The directives are contradictory.
    I've dealt with this already - 'we' don't let in criminals either but 'we' can't predict if a person may commit a crime, can we?

We can however in many cases in fact tell if they have criminal backgrounds (even within Europe). I’d like to think a known criminal would be stopped at passport control.

(Why do you keep scare quoting we by the way. It’s annoying.)
    And? Ireland is letting in people with criminal records?

from Europe yes. I mean there are definitely European gangsters operating here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Cop yourself on Trotsky!

How many properties have you rented out? How many times have you had to hire contract cleaners to clean a place out after the place is wrecked with the smell of Johnny blues on the curtains? Or had to get the place repainted because some single mother couldn't stop her whelp drawing on the walls? How many times have you had to hire a private company to evict non paying tenants and have all the locks changed.

You haven't a clue what it's like trying to manage properties in these areas. If I'm faced with the choice of some home grown welfare bunny and a hardworking polish carpenter I know what choice I'll make.

My own father went through the same, it nearly killed him.

Trashing the joints completely, we'd need crime scene cleaners to deal with the carnage.

Also multiple issues with rent, especially from those on rent allowance. They'd never want to pay their end. The local council guy in charge of housing would treat my Dad like scum when he phoned up looking for advice.

He eventually sold up before it put him in an early grave.

100% of the trouble came from Irish renters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Mammajamma being called Trotsky - lol.

But while I certainly wouldn't discriminate against Irish people when letting (makes utterly no sense - it's a lack of acknowledgment that there are obviously respectful Irish people, like me) I would obviously prefer a quiet, considerate, tidy, clean, respectful tenant who's foreign, to the opposite type of character who's Irish. And vice versa. Surely that's how anyone feels if they're being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some mortgage holders go beyond 65. You’re right they should overpay though (if that is what you meant).
    Mortgages usually end at 65, as that's when you'd usually retire, and thus not have the ability to finish paying off the mortgage.

By fudging the numbers, I refer to people doing overtime for 6 months leading up to the mortgage approval, to pass the extra money off as "normal pay", and once they get the mortgage, and move into their new house, stop doing the overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

the_syco wrote: »
    Mortgages usually end at 65, as that's when you'd usually retire, and thus not have the ability to finish paying off the mortgage.

By fudging the numbers, I refer to people doing overtime for 6 months leading up to the mortgage approval, to pass the extra money off as "normal pay", and once they get the mortgage, and move into their new house, stop doing the overtime.

This shouldnt be possible, arent payslips normally required when going for a mortgage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

It was a family of burkha wearing mexican ghay rapists. And they burned the house to the ground because it didnt have stables for their llama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This shouldnt be possible, arent payslips normally required when going for a mortgage?
    As said, if the overtime was included as "normal pay", on paper it seemed the person earned enough. It was a "trick" that people used to do, although I think the banks wised up to it after a few years, and somehow stopped people doing it.

No one from outside this country should be given a house until every Irish homeless person is housed.

Fnck that......housed will mean a shooting gallery for many.

Advertisement