Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is best tv series game on consoles or one you would love to see made into a game

Options
  • 06-12-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

The Simpsons Hit and Run is one of my all time favourites.

I also read up online that there's plans to make Stranger Things into a game which could be really good if done right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, having them based on TV series is definitely more difficult than movie licences. Modern favourites are pretty thin on the ground, South Park: The Stick of Truth and The Walking Dead (I'm only two seasons in yet so I've not been hit with Telltale Fatigue Syndrome) are the first two that come to mind. Elite Force, an FPS based on Star Trek Voyager, was pretty ace back in the early 2000s too.

Go back to the NES/SNES though and there were a bunch that were either fantastic or I have some serious nostalgia over...

X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
    Adventures of Batman and Robin
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
    Duck Tales
    The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt
    Goof Troop
    Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose

As for what I'd like to see, there's definitely something in Westworld that could translate well into a game that isn't RDR2, Firefly in a Mass Effect-esque mould, a proper Batman Beyond game, Penny Dreadful and Ash vs Evil Dead off the top of my head anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Rocksteady Studios meant to announce something soon, obviously won't be this but I think I'd cry if it was a game of the old gargoyles cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

gizmo wrote: »

Firefly in a Mass Effect-esque mould

I would pay any amount for this, PROVIDED it was the original voice cast.

And Wash was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I also read up online that there's plans to make Stranger Things into a game which could be really good if done right.

Think that was meant to be from Telltale Games.
    Though there was a free game release on mobile, I think, before season 2. Meant to be decent as well.

I enjoyed the 4 player arcade games of Simpsons, Turtles and X-Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ibFoxer wrote: »

And Wash was in it.

Firefly in an Elite Dangerous/Borderlands/Destiny mould. Not Mass effect, repeat not mass effect :mad:

My god that would be ****ing amazing!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hollyoaks dating sim.

A Casualty theme-hospital game.

A Tipping Point turn-based RPG.

A Judge Judy game in the Phoenix Wright template.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

some people reckon that Ray Donovan is just GTA V

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Stargate SG1, even though I know an FPS was being made but later canned. Something similar to Xcom, with you assembling teams to travel to other worlds and gather info and tech to help fight back against the Goa'uld.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

I'm late to the game, but I just started watching prison break with my friend. We played A way out before that, and those are pretty similar.

As far as a series I would like adapted, a Daredevil game in the vein of Arkham or the new Spider-Man might be cool. Also an Evil Dead game that is actually good would be awesome. Loved Ash Vs. the Evil Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

A proper Blade game for the new generation consoles, they made 2 ps1 games but both were awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jk23 wrote: »
    A proper Blade game for the new generation consoles, they made 2 ps1 games but both were awful

Dark Souls or Darksiders type?

I would prefer a Mafia 3 type Blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ibFoxer wrote: »

And Wash was in it.

You're probanbly well ahead on this, but just a heads up:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dreamers75 wrote: »

Would have to be more like Darksiders. Blade always won, there was no lose/repeat with him. Making it like Dark Souls would alienate a lot of people, so it would be safer to make it like Darksiders. Or even better, make it as good as the recent God of War.

I can't wait for One Piece: World Seeker. Looks like it will be very close to the anime. Or even better, I'd love a One Piece game where the world is current with the anime, but make it like The Witcher and you play as a new character to the series, and have your own story in the same world, crossover with the main cast every now and then, but never become a Straw Hat yourself, maybe create your own pirate crew, pick your devil fruit, evolve it as per your playstyle, etc.

I'd also love a Pokemon game in similar vein to the Witcher series, but you actually get to control the Pokemon in the fight, use their moves, make it less turn based and more ARPG style.

I think it's about time we had a Flash game, or even better, a Flash/Arrow/DCLoT/Supergirl game! Let Rocksteady at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I think it's about time we had a Flash game, or even better, a Flash/Arrow/DCLoT/Supergirl game! Let Rocksteady at it!
    On the subject of The Flash, definitely easier said than done unfortunately. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

dreamers75 wrote: »

I was thinking more a Batman Arkham style game, mafia 3 would be very cool too though..

Advertisement