Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford man here

I'm interested in ur new behind the scenes DVD of ur Hurlers AI journey as I'm a fan of those kind of docs but have a question. Is there actually much fly on the wall stuff in it or is basically just a highlights Dvd with a few interviews thrown in ???. €25 is a lot to pay for a non Limerick fan lol but will pay if it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford man here

I'm interested in ur new behind the scenes DVD of ur Hurlers AI journey as I'm a fan of those kind of docs but have a question. Is there actually much fly on the wall stuff in it or is basically just a highlights Dvd with a few interviews thrown in ???. €25 is a lot to pay for a non Limerick fan lol but will pay if it's worth it

I for one don't know much about it but will get it when it does come out

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Kyle Hayes getting a fair old roasting over on the Cork forum (People's Republic PROC) for his antics in the Fenway gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭big_drive

Kyle Hayes getting a fair old roasting over on the Cork forum (People's Republic PROC) for his antics in the Fenway gig.
    He was probably was a bit over the top in how he carried on for what was only a bit of an exhibition thing. His tackle on the Wexford lad was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Unfortunate he caught the wexford lad like that, wasn't intentional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Unfortunate he caught the wexford lad like that, wasn't intentional
    No but it was quite wreckless. I’d say he’d be disappointed he did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭shockframe

Well done to TJ Ryan who coached st Thomas to the Galway SHC last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford man here

I have seen it...it is not a behind the scenes dvd but more highlights of matches and a few of the lads being interviewed and their thoughts on each match. Some scenes from the bus leaving croke park and a speech from John Kiely on the bus...some speech in fairness ..twould put hairs on the back of your neck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

big_drive wrote: »
    He was probably was a bit over the top in how he carried on for what was only a bit of an exhibition thing. His tackle on the Wexford lad was poor

Wexford camp bulling over that tackle. Young Reck had to get surgery on a broken jaw in Boston. Holiday and Christmas ruined. It was an exhibition match, why try and act the hard man at it???

conor05 wrote: »
    Wexford camp bulling over that tackle. Young Reck had to get surgery on a broken jaw in Boston. Holiday and Christmas ruined. It was an exhibition match, why try and act the hard man at it???

Couldn't agree more from the start i thought hayes was acting the bolli#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭rodders999

Hi all,

Cork man here looking to source a Christmas present for the old fella of a picture of the team line up from the All Ireland final with the names of the players underneath but really struggling to find much online. I would have thought the place would be flooded with them! He has one of the 1973 team which has taken pride of place in our house since as far back as I can remember so looking to give that a bit of company on the wall.

The only one I've come across is on eBay which for €45 delivered seems saucy just for a photograph.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Limerick-All-Ireland-Senor-Hurling-Champions-2018-GAA-Print/192726505674?hash=item2cdf6518ca:g:-WMAAOSwVcZb7wij:rk:3:pf:0

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

Surely a few different ones will come out for the Xmas market!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Hey lads. Will be moving down to Limerick in the new year. Be living around Dooradoyle area and am looking to do a bit of junior hurling.
    Any recommendations of clubs that won't mind a blow in joining? Think Mungret are near but don't know much about them

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

Yep Mungret St. Pauls is the local club....premier intermediate and junior hurling.

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Hey lads. Will be moving down to Limerick in the new year. Be living around Dooradoyle area and am looking to do a bit of junior hurling.
    Any recommendations of clubs that won't mind a blow in joining? Think Mungret are near but don't know much about them

Mungret would be the local team but if you wanted junior solely then old Christians would be a good choice too plus they'd need you more than mungret would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Beaten by a goal v Tipp in our first match back.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Can anyone explain why is there Intercounty games being played in December?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Kiely out..!!

Kiely out..!! :D

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why is there Intercounty games being played in December?

Cos they're going to L.A. on the 27th i think then on to Mexico for a holiday, thats the reason why these games are being played now if your question is why at all would there be a competition on in dec/Jan I'd have to say it's crazy. I myself think there shouldn't be any thing done by any county until 1st jan so from Sept to Dec would be for club and when thats over rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

lim4ev wrote: »
    Cos they're going to L.A. on the 27th i think then on to Mexico for a holiday, thats the reason why these games are being played now if your question is why at all would there be a competition on in dec/Jan I'd have to say it's crazy. I myself think there shouldn't be any thing done by any county until 1st jan so from Sept to Dec would be for club and when thats over rest

its crazy if you ask me playing any gaa in december or even january , clare play cork in there first round game in this competition on the 29th of december ... complete and utter nonsense

this time of the year every intercounty player should be given time off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Aonghus O'Brien from Broadford in Co.Clare is the new Limerick senior hurling coach replacing the recently departed Jimmy Quilty for the 2019 season. I must say that as a Clare fan, I'm fuming that one of Clare's best hurling coaches around is linking up to our fiercest rivals. All that I can say is Limerick hurling is in safe hands with him. From my own point of view, shame on our county board for letting slip one of our prized coaching assets to our Shannonsiders counterparts.

Aonghus O'Brien from Broadford in Co.Clare is the new Limerick senior hurling coach replacing the recently departed Jimmy Quilty for the 2019 season. I must say that as a Clare fan, I'm fuming that one of Clare's best hurling coaches around is linking up to our fiercest rivals. All that I can say is Limerick hurling is in safe hands with him. From my own point of view, shame on our county board for letting slip one of our prized coaching assets to our Shannonsiders counterparts.

Great stuff.............as long as he's not a mole!

its crazy if you ask me playing any gaa in december or even january , clare play cork in there first round game in this competition on the 29th of december ... complete and utter nonsense

this time of the year every intercounty player should be given time off

Couldnt agree more

Watching the final again on RTE tonight, God, those last few minutes. Even rewatching it I wasn't sure it wouldn't end in tears.

Watching the final again on RTE tonight, God, those last few minutes. Even rewatching it I wasn't sure it wouldn't end in tears.

Watched it myself great to see, its 2019 now so time for thinking of this yr they're on a deserved holiday at the moment when they're back 2018 will be just a glorious memory from what I'm reading and hearing they'll be fully focused on that so difficult job of retaining the liam mc carthy

lim4ev wrote: »
    Watched it myself great to see, its 2019 now so time for thinking of this yr they're on a deserved holiday at the moment when they're back 2018 will be just a glorious memory from what I'm reading and hearing they'll be fully focused on that so difficult job of retaining the liam mc carthy

Tbh, I have no expectations for next year at all. I hope we stay up in 1A and escape Munster but honestly, could be back in 1B and out of Munster early so tight is the competition.

Tbh, I have no expectations for next year at all. I hope we stay up in 1A and escape Munster but honestly, could be back in 1B and out of Munster early so tight is the competition.

I suppose but alternatively cos it's so tight we might win munster and all irl its not impossible so why not? I'm expecting a lot tbh but cos it is so tight it could end in a whimper cos we got beat in 2 tight matches by a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭High bike

Am expecting a big show in Munster this year,anything is possible after that

• Advertisement

Does anyone know who will be the new Limerick U20 hurling manager for 2019? Pat Donnelly who guided the shannonsiders to All-Ireland and Munster U21 glory in 2017, decided not to go for the U20 gig, after Limerick's Munster semi-final loss against Tipp at U21 level last year. Limerick start their quest for U20 Munster Championship glory when they take on their Cork counterparts in the 1/4 final sometime in May, I think.

Confirmation that former Na Piarsaigh manager and Limerick senior hurling selector, Paul Beary has been announced as the new Limerick U20 hurling manager on a 2 year deal.

Good win today. Great battling qualities shown by team. Most important sign for year ahead was the work ethic. Their hurling was a bit off as you’d expect with being just back from holidays a few weeks. Another big test next Saturday to look forward to.

Green to win, our usual wide tally kept wexford in it. Hegarty was totally out of it and then was the best player on the pitch by a mile 🀣 his best moments only highlight from a shoigt game

Bigger test next week, some poor mistakes from gillane but 1-1 were special scores, great to pick up 2 points on the road when just back from holiday etc

Daveys flush was busted a long time ago

Is there anything that can be done about the wides, won't get away with every time.

Against Kilkenny and Cork last July we had cut out a lot of the poor shooting but it returned in final. By look of things today they haven’t much hurling done. Won’t get away with it against tipp. Something to look forward to.

• Advertisement

Greensoup wrote: »
    Against Kilkenny and Cork last July we had cut out a lot of the poor shooting but it returned in final. By look of things today they haven’t much hurling done. Won’t get away with it against tipp. Something to look forward to.

Just to say some of the poor shooting in the final was tactical they were told to get there shots off as galway couldn't hurt us off puckouts and it worked.

But yeah has to be cut out for the bigger games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lads, any explanation for why Limerick had no sponsor on their shirts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

fricatus wrote: »

They are bankrolled by a billionaire

fricatus wrote: »

We're stone broke after our exploits in 2018 and cant afford a printed logo.
    Lucky to have 20 jerseys. Rumour has it that the subs have to share.
    But don't be surprised to see the A.M. logo on them in 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

washman3 wrote: »
    We're stone broke after our exploits in 2018 and cant afford a printed logo.
    Lucky to have 20 jerseys. Rumour has it that the subs have to share.
    But don't be surprised to see the A.M. logo on them in 2020.

yep not looking good lads jp will have to get the book out again and start taking a few bets :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

Just to say some of the poor shooting in the final was tactical they were told to get there shots off as galway couldn't hurt us off puckouts and it worked.

But yeah has to be cut out for the bigger games
    yeah really felt in the final that they were told shoot if it was on and don't let the heads drop about wides.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Having watched the match I feel we should have won handier but the wides are to be expected this time of year. Desperate time for hurling to be played. Davy spoke about how it didn't suit them having the 2 lads sent off. Not sure what planet he is on. Flanagan has a serious engine and would have troubled their defense. I would have thought Wexford would have been miles ahead of us physically. They were full of running but were not able to match up physically. Every free they got in the 1st half their physio was on to treat the player. although that may have been time wasting tactics as Limerick had the wind.
    A good start but i suppose the cutting edge will be gone from the league with no relegation this year.

It's great to be a limerick supporter these days, just have to enjoy every game

Boylan and POL coming on and playing great is shows we have great competition in the side

Seeing the kids doing the warm down with the subs is what it's all about

Well done to all and good luck for the championship

It's great to be a limerick supporter these days, just have to enjoy every game

Boylan and POL coming on and playing great is shows we have great competition in the side

Seeing the kids doing the warm down with the subs is what it's all about

Well done to all and good luck for the championship

Indeed

Only line we could be vulnerable in if we got an injury is the full back line so far so good its early but impressive great trip to kk to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

My first post here. I love following the Clare footballers in all grades while also enjoying the occasional bit of the auld hurling also. I was astounded to read that the Limerick County Board have appointed a new Limerick minor football management team for 2019, just two months before the start of the Munster minor football championship round-robin stage. Joe Lee is the new Limerick minor football manager with James Ryan, former Limerick senior hurling captain, as coach.

Have the Limerick minor footballers started training yet, before this appointment was made on Tuesday? If not then that reflects very badly on the county board who did not cover themselves in glory last year too with their approach to the Limerick senior footballers, when current manager Billy Lee threatened to withdraw his team just hours before their Munster championship opener against Clare in May of last year for a variety of reasons. Our county board here is Clare also have this laissez-faire approach to football, in comparison to what the hurlers get.

I know that the Limerick football academy is doing trojan work at the moment in promoting and developing football in the county. I hope that things stabilize in Limerick football. A proud GAA county, at least your hurlers aren't doing too bad aren't they!!!!

Great win

Gillane unreal and possibly rely on him too much

Be good not to have him against cork

Who disagreed with me when I said pol would be challenging for half back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭High bike

Great win

Gillane unreal and possibly rely on him too much

Be good not to have him against cork

Who disagreed with me when I said pol would be challenging for half back :)
    he played well but no chance of getting in if the other 3 are fit, a good replacement to have though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Who will be the free taker this week-end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Who will be the free taker this week-end?

Dowling surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Pandiani wrote: »
    Dowling surely?

He was pretty shocking on frees today, some good stuff on the ball during regular play but his free taking really let him down. Grand, settled day too, so no excuses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement