Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a Spanish speaking Irish gal?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I don't know why people doubt I'm Australian. Would uploading a scan of my greencard and blurring out my name/photo/id number where it shows my nationality convince you?

That or a picture of a small cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Say something Strine so we can judge better.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AmericanAussie

Esel wrote: »
    Say something Strine so we can judge better.

I've lived away for the last 12 years. While I was born and grew up there, it's true I don't sound very Australian anymore.

I've been called the least Australian Australian people know. Whenever I travel, I tend to disappoint my fellow aussies who want to discuss stuff going on back home that I have no idea about or interest in discussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

I've lived away for the last 12 years. While I was born and grew up there, it's true I don't sound very Australian anymore.

I've been called the least Australian Australian people know. Whenever I travel, I tend to disappoint my fellow aussies who want to discuss stuff going on back home that I have no idea about or interest in discussing.

You hung around the United States long enough to get a visa, and now you fancy "becoming irish" too?

Here's an idea, how about you go back to Australia instead? We're full.

A bit of Bazza McKenzie will do for starters.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

mammajamma wrote: »
    You hung around the United States long enough to get a visa, and now you fancy "becoming irish" too?

Here's an idea, how about you go back to Australia instead? We're full.

Can you speak and teach Spanish?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 20,614 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Un idioma sin fronteras - El español.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I don't know why people doubt I'm Australian. Would uploading a scan of my greencard and blurring out my name/photo/id number where it shows my nationality convince you?

A picture of your Didgeridoo will do, ce sa ra sa ra

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Esel wrote: »
    Can you speak and teach Spanish?

No. But other Irish people can, why not employ them instead?

It's one less in the crowd for housing/health/transport etc. Reduced competition also means they might have a chance at commanding higher wages. In a word, sustainability.

Better than the Irish teacher being squeezed out and emigrating, only to create similar problems where they land, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Just call anyone who questions your nationality a flamin drongo.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Onya Straya.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's all good guys. I think I'm gonna head back to Galway for just before NYE and see who randomly invites me into a house party (has happened every time I've been there!) and maybe just get lucky and meet an Spanish speaking Irish lass who wants US/Australian citizenship and a mighty good shag.

Then, on to Morocco for NYE!

Ah, so you are a carpet salesman!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

But seriously are there latinas in Ireland in certain neighborhoods?

b8e74a13e76bf6638c05f82968fec2db.jpg

Yes this was taken in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Girls School, Leaving Cert, Spanish, Exam Hall
    I second this, just hang around outside the exam hall when they are sitting their exam - what could possibly go wrong ?, maybe befriend some on facebook and start chatting them up ...

*DISCLAIMER dont really do this ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Spanish Point in Clare

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I mean, mainly I want to be Irish.

Sorry to break it to you, but you're not Irish and you never will be. A piece of paper won't change that!

You could live here for decades, but unless you were born, raised and spent the majority of your life here, you'll never be seen as a local. Doesn't mean we won't have the craic with you, but you'll never be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Well your ancestors may have been Irish

Most likely thieves, cut throats and drunkards who got deported :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Well your ancestors may have been Irish

Most likely thieves, cut throats and drunkards who got deported :)

Roughly 60 / 40 chance

One lot were deportees- the others prison officers etc

Funny of the Australians I met over here - I've only ever met one that I liked. The rest were so far up their rear end they could see the Sunrise in Brisbane . .

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

have you tried the knock marriage Bureau ......?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

There's four places. There's the Spanish Girl Hut, that's on third.
    There's Spanish Girls-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
    That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the Spanish Girl complex on third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

You can try schools that offer Spanish courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

I know that, but I particularly like Ireland, and would like to be Irish, and each EU country has different requirements for being a citizen and Ireland is only 3 years, less than a lot of other countries.

oh - now I see that you know the rule for getting citizenship when married to Irish citizens, but still ... you don't take into account how long it takes an Irish gal to get married ...it should be longer than 2 years, from what I hear :D

- good you ask about it on AH !

Advertisement