Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Comments

yop wrote: »
    Great game in AWFUL conditions.

Yep. Why is a county final like this being played in December though? The fixtures calendar in many counties is beyond a joke at this stage. Westport went 2-4 to 0-3 up after 20 mins. 2-11 each after normal time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mayo convention on today in Kiltimagh. Updates on https://twitter.com/MayoGAA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Yep. Why is a county final like this being played in December though? The fixtures calendar in many counties is beyond a joke at this stage. Westport went 2-4 to 0-3 up after 20 mins. 2-11 each after normal time.

Why was it played so late in the evening also. With extra time it was 1030pm before that game finished last night. Sunday afternoon would surely be more suitable for these games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Motion 8 to have two Mayo league matches at a North Mayo venue.
    Where could hold the season tickets let alone a minimum of 10000 in a venue other than Castlebar?

Where could hold the season tickets holders let alone a minimum of 10000 in a venue other than Castlebar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭muddle84

ureds wrote: »
    Where could hold the season tickets holders let alone a minimum of 10000 in a venue other than Castlebar?

Is there a venue in north mayo that could hold that many people? Home attendances are usually around the 10k to 12k mark.

muddle84 wrote: »

Is there a venue in north mayo that could hold that many people? Home attendances are usually around the 10k to 12k mark.
    None.Ballina possibly 2000 at a push. Nice idea about having an alternative venue but surely that's as far as it should have gone.....just an idea.

None.Ballina possibly 2000 at a push. Nice idea about having an alternative venue but surely that's as far as it should have gone.....just an idea.

Motion withdrawn according to Mayo GAA Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1071769032242671616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Motion withdrawn according to Mayo GAA Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1071769032242671616

Common sense prevails. We should celebrate for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Quite disappointed I won't be around for the opening game of James Horan's second coming.:(

The FBD game clash with Leitrim on Sunday January 6th 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Are the season tickets supposed to be sent before Christmas? I'm off to Spain on 20th and have been experiencing mail theft recently...

Are the season tickets supposed to be sent before Christmas? I'm off to Spain on 20th and have been experiencing mail theft recently...

I believe so.My mate gets our tickets.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057934192

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My dad got his. I Didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My dad got his. I Didn't

They're probably sending them out alphabetically Yop

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PARlance wrote: »

:D

Cillian O Connor recently underwent knee surgery according to Mayo GAA.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Cillian O Connor recently underwent knee surgery according to Mayo GAA.

Good stuff! From what I heard he was carrying that knock for a while and the surgery is minimally invasive so he should be back training in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Hopefully this leads to a fit and firing COC next season. I don't think we've seen consistent high-level performances spanning a full campaign from him since 2015, which is a real shame in what should be his prime years. As he constantly does show though is that no-one in the side can take scores like him and if he can get back to his best he will be a massive asset for Mayo next season.

I thought he showed some very promising form for his club over the last few weeks and hopefully its a sign of more to come.

Nothing against O'Connor but I don't think it can be much harm to freshen up the captaincy next year also. Keegan is the outstanding candidate for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

jr86 wrote: »
    Hopefully this leads to a fit and firing COC next season. I don't think we've seen consistent high-level performances spanning a full campaign from him since 2015, which is a real shame in what should be his prime years. As he constantly does show though is that no-one in the side can take scores like him and if he can get back to his best he will be a massive asset for Mayo next season.

I thought he showed some very promising form for his club over the last few weeks and hopefully its a sign of more to come.

Nothing against O'Connor but I don't think it can be much harm to freshen up the captaincy next year also. Keegan is the outstanding candidate for me

Ya looked like a burden on him. I want to see the free sciring forward in 12,13,14 where he actually scores consitently from play and the odd goal. He is probably the best shooter we have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Ya looked like a burden on him. I want to see the free sciring forward in 12,13,14 where he actually scores consitently from play and the odd goal. He is probably the best shooter we have

In the championship 2012 he didn't score much from play. 2013 he scored 5 goals from play v London and Donegal. 2014 he got off to a slow start by only scoring 0-1 from play in games against New York,Roscommon but ended up scoring well against Kerry in both games and might have scored more but for the clash of heads with A O'Shea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

my season ticket arrived today, is the free gift a thing of the past now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

irishgeo wrote: »
    my season ticket arrived today, is the free gift a thing of the past now.

Same as that. Not sure about the gift, haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No free gift last year either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

In the championship 2012 he didn't score much from play. 2013 he scored 5 goals from play v London and Donegal. 2014 he got off to a slow start by only scoring 0-1 from play in games against New York,Roscommon but ended up scoring well against Kerry in both games and might have scored more but for the clash of heads with A O'Shea.

I can just remember him turning killian young i think and neil mcgee and slotting over the bar. Havent seen it as much in recent years

They must have, it arrived Friday :D

• Advertisement

They must have, it arrived Friday :D

Don't think so Yop.

Mine still has'nt arrived!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Don't think so Yop.

Mine still has'nt arrived!:D

Humans first, then mods!

(Dammit: forgot Yop was one too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Humans first, then mods!

Mods are people too.

Season ticket hasn't arrived yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

nuac wrote: »
    Mods are people too.

True, but I have come across a few in my time where I was left wondering.:D

• Advertisement

Humans first, then mods!

Ya and I know about interiors and designs and stuff and stuff. ... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ya and I know about interiors and designs and stuff and stuff. ... :D:D

So what happens if someone says a rude word about fringed tassels on a sofa or something equally heinous?

What's the punishment?

Make them sit in a room with shag pile carpet and formica countertops & think about the error of their ways?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    So what happens if someone says a rude word about fringed tassels on a sofa or something equally heinous?

What's the punishment?

Make them sit in a room with shag pile carpet and formica countertops & think about the error of their ways?

They have to paint their room illuminous green and sit in their jox on a horse hair rug.

Season ticket hasn't arrived yet :(
    The postman delivers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

They have to paint their room illuminous green and sit in their jox on a horse hair rug.

Isn't that what they call 'getting to second base' if you're from Roscommon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Isn't that what they call 'getting to second base' if you're from Roscommon?

Well the rossies are fond of the baseball bats it seems!

Mayo squad will be in place at Elverys at 14.00 today for an hour singing Christmas carols.

Might be a good opportunity for our younger Mayo supporters to catch a glimpse of their idols.

Mayo squad will be in place at Elverys at 14.00 today for an hour singing Christmas carols.

Might be a good opportunity for our younger Mayo supporters to catch a glimpse of their idols.

Of course I should have mentioned all funds are going to a very worthy cause,
    The society of the Saint Vincent De Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Bernard Flynn is not going to be happy with that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

It must have been a rare treat if Donie Vaughan's ad is anything to go by.

• Advertisement

Mayo News Football Podcast 2018 Christmas Special

https://themayonews.podomatic.com/enclosure/2018-12-23T10_54_05-08_00.mp3

Features an interview with Ciaran Mc,Andy Moran discusses the new rules and Alan Dillon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I believe there is a football game on Sunday.

Any idea when a team might be announced?

Give us something to think about.

Saturday??

Not a notion.

James Horan mentioned in the Mayo GAA video...

Colm Moran,Conor Diskin and the injured Ryan O Donoghue.

Fionn McDonagh,Brian Reape and Ciaran Treacy.

There was an article in today's Connaught Telegraph which threw some other names into the mix.Jason Gibbons and Matthew Ruane were amongst those mentioned.

Disappointed I won't be able to make the action on Sunday.

Some interesting data regarding the financial health of Mayo GAA.

Figures published in the Mayo GAA financial statement 2018.

Mayo recorded a financial surplus of € 135,283 for 2018.Income was € 3,169,213 with expenditure of € 3,183,073. Mayo GAA spent € 1,194,510 on preparing all hurling and football teams in 2018 with a total of € 848,053 spent on the senior football team versus € 1,123,995 in 2017.Our commercial income was € 606,338 versus € 549,705 in 2017.

There's a nice pdf on the Mayo GAA website if anybody wants to really delve into the nitty gritty.

muddle84 wrote: »
    Saturday??

Sunday at 13.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Sunday at 13.30.

I see Connacht GAA tweeting earlier tickets on sale in centra and supervalu shops. Is this a first for the FBD league? Looking like there'll be a big crowd there Sunday.

I see Connacht GAA tweeting earlier tickets on sale in centra and supervalu shops. Is this a first for the FBD league? Looking like there'll be a big crowd there Sunday.

I believe so on both counts.

The boss has set his stall out early.

He wants to win the FBD league.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

6hE7DEe.jpg

Team for Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Lukekul wrote: »
    6hE7DEe.jpg

Team for Sunday

Interesting forward line up when you compare the experience level of the backs and midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Hennelly caf like what’s going on there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement