Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop in Dublin to buy a i5 8600k

Options
  • 13-12-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin that would sell either a i5 8600k or possibly a i7 8700k.

Looking to pick one up in person if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zero chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Actually currys/pc world might have them in stock in some stores since they are available on the .ie website.
    Expect to pay double the RRP!

tuxy wrote: »
    Actually currys/pc world might have them in stock in some stores since they are available on the .ie website.
    Expect to pay double the RRP!

They don't have CPUs for collection (i.e. in-store), only delivery.

And TBH you'd want to be a complete and utter moron to pay double for something you can get delivered to your door within 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

What's that place on the quays called? Maybe they would order one in for the OP. Again it's going to be expensive. The othert option is adverts. Some of the guys with 100+ feedback are as good as shops tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Elara.ie allows collection in Parkwest, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Only after a few days though, they don't keep stock there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

username?! wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin that would sell either a i5 8600k or possibly a i7 8700k.

Looking to pick one up in person if possible.
    I assume you want it by xmas?

Buy it on Amazon (used the "Prime" 30-day trial), with the delivery address to ParcelMotel. Ordered a graphics card on the 14th from Amazon, got it today via Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You can't get the 8700k with prime and the 8600k is out of stock until after Christmas.

tuxy wrote: »
    You can't get the 8700k with prime and the 8600k is out of stock until after Christmas.

It's showing as in-stock for me, just delivered by 31st instead of by Xmas.

Alternatively see if your motherboard supports i5-9600K.

• Advertisement
Advertisement