Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's worse Dublin or Cork people?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No friend, I'm choosing that Galway is the worst of the lot of them. I'd rather live with the knackers in limerick than the 'bohieamns' in Galway.

Sound, thanks for clearing that up.

It's probably best really we don't have ya. You sound like no craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

If I had to choose between listening to a Northsider or a Norrie........I'd choose the Northsider everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I previously lived in Dublin for 8 years and it was more than enough. Good place to go for a weekend for sure but would absolutely hate to live there permanently. Soulless city, junkies paradise, traffic is OTT, everything is way overpriced for what's on offer etc. Don't know too much about Cork as a city tbh, but don't think there is too much difference between normal Cork & Dublin people in terms of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No problem. Enjoy the buckey and the hipsters in the Roisin.

You sound like a Galwegian in disguise.

Left lonely in the smoking section by the sound of it.

Chin up bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

fordyjames wrote: »
    What can you do in Dublin that you can't do in say Kilkenny?
    ibFoxer wrote: »
    Stand outside the GPO?

You can. You'll be about 100Km outside it mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Cork people are insufferable generally extremely arrogant and full of their own self importance despite their low intelligence. Strangely, I find them sticklers for the rules too no matter how much it might make a lot more sense to bend or break them. Very unlike the rest of the Irish in that sense. In fact they remind me of the English. Also there is compelling evidence to suggest Michael Collins was an agent for Britain intelligence and not a Republican at all. Which makes him a fake. Just like Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I say we gather them all together and let them fight it out. Televised of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm from Cork.

I like the Dubs actually.

Can I say that?

Or do I have to be a **** like rest of ye?

I'm from Dublin and I have great craic with my Cork friends and colleagues...

Can I say that or should I generalise about counties full of people I have and will never meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Waaaaayyyy too many dole scoungers in Dublin.
    They have the city ruined.

Cork is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Southsiders are worse.
    And Cork is technically south of the Liffey.
    But probably the absolute worse is a Cork person in Dublin bleating on about how great Cork is oblivious that their actions speak louder than their words.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Hard to say, they taste similar especially with a some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Their both pretty bad tbh, but who's the worse? Having lived in both I can safely say Dublin is an awful place with awful people. While Cork to be fair is quite a nice city, the people are just as insufferable if not worse than their Dublin counterparts.

I'm from Dublin, love my city and it's people....... I've spent a bit of time in Cork and have to say it's a great city with lovely people.

Trolls from Waterford on the other hand are the lowest form of pond scum known to man.... in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I wonder would the tone of the thread be any different if the title was "Who's better, Dublin or Cork people?"

I like both cities. Prefer Dublin as I simply think it has more going for it. Love how in a country the size of Ireland we have such a range of accents and attitudes and those from Dublin and Cork are equally impressive in each respect in their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GowlBagJohnson

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I'm from Dublin, love my city and it's people....... I've spent a bit of time in Cork and have to say it's a great city with lovely people.

Trolls from Waterford on the other hand are the lowest form of pond scum known to man.... in my opinion.

Is Waterford that island off the coast of Kerry? I've heard bad things alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is Waterford that island off the coast of Kerry? I've heard bad things alright

Think it was in the new Star Wars... :P

Advertisement